Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: SF Customs Ka'Tano

SF Customs Ka'Tano 10 months 3 weeks ago #64771

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 179
-Review in-progress, edits abound-

Had a stunt Ka'Tano on the way...saw this and couldn't resist. Picked it up secondhand and immediately sold the stock stunt Ka'Tano. Came with a 12w+ Green, recharge port/lit AV, custom paint/sanding, graflex pins, and a stunt control board that enabled some flicker.

Gutted it, tossed in a NBv3 + a Lime/Green/White Tri-Rebel (Idea stolen from Shameem)

Easily one of my favorite hilts. Hangs well off the belt (and replaced the covertech with a 2-tone). The smooth finish is exquisite. I'm a huge sucker for Graflex pins on anything. Reasonably loud without being TOO loud. Justin/SFC paint appears to be holding up well. I did superglue the two upper knobs down. The large one was cut way too short; so the threads didn't hold well. The lower red one also kept coming loose when handled. Now they're set and the hilt feels great. Even the fake "Activation Box" is a nice feel with the CNC'd grooves. I'd wager the only way that could be improved would be to do Shameem's mini control box.

All in all, awesome hilt.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by BoostinIX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

SF Customs Ka'Tano 10 months 3 weeks ago #64797

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is amazing with the control box and pins! Wow, that makes such a big difference! I am REALLY digging this.

Is Shameem's mini control box one where you would move the activation switch there?

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

SF Customs Ka'Tano 10 months 3 weeks ago #64814

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Damn that is sweet! This is one of the sabers that's next on my list...the graflex pins look awesome on that! Is the red greeblie painted on or is it a separate piece that was added on?---that's a really nice touch to the saber too

SF Customs Ka'Tano 10 months 3 weeks ago #64820

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
Shameem's mini box can be seen here:

It almost looks like the Reliant control box. If I were to modify and have him add that, I'd definitely consider having the activation moved there. My only issue would be having the holes drilled already. Would be an excuse to turn the current AV to an Aux switch and go CF8 ;) Someday maybe.

The red greeblie is on the stock Ka'Tano. SFC painted it and I glued it down. I might redo that to a silver/gold scheme at some point. I wouldn't have minded that being the activation honestly lol.

Also the Fulcrum font Shameem sells is great for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

SF Customs Ka'Tano 10 months 3 weeks ago #64822

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
I'll be a pedantic snob and point out it's probably a Tri-Rebel in there.

Beyond that, the hilt looks really nice polished. The textured matte finish did a nice job of capturing the animation look (aaaaand suddenly I'd like to see a silver-finish SF Graflex modded into a Clone Wars hilt), but this is just~ really nice.

SF Customs Ka'Tano 10 months 3 weeks ago #64825

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
Kouri wrote:
I'll be a pedantic snob and point out it's probably a Tri-Rebel in there.

Beyond that, the hilt looks really nice polished. The textured matte finish did a nice job of capturing the animation look (aaaaand suddenly I'd like to see a silver-finish SF Graflex modded into a Clone Wars hilt), but this is just~ really nice.

D'oh. You are correct, I wrote that in a hurry lol. Tri-Rebel from LuxeonStar.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20