Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Sorcerer.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green)

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9899

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
hey guys
My Sorcerer came in today ( very fast delivery this time!), and here she is.

This is my second saber, and the first with sound. DAM is this thing friggan awesome!!
the crimson sound board in the hilt gives it that deeper hum, mixed with the weathered finnish and green
LED light, i think it comes together very nicely. I have rarely seen the crimson sound board in a saber that
wasn't red.. but it makes the green intense and powerful..which is beautifully accented if the LED light flicker is set to ANY setting other than just the solid color…BADASS

Heres a view from the top where the blade plug is..

This is my one and only complaint about the hilt itself,
The blade plug fits VERY snug into the hilt..making it pretty tough to get out.
i've had to use the tiny allen wrench provided to pull it out, and not only is it a pain but it can leave scratches on the hilt if your not careful.
THAT BEING SAID..

Look at how she shines :)
as with my other saber, i chose to go with the weather finnish and green LED, and the colors again just seem to really work well together, the green pops against the dark hilt, and with the crimson sound board it all just comes together.

the hilt itself is shorter in comparison to what I've seen, and against my Disciple, but the claws on the emitter make up for the space lost, and compensate in stability by being comfortably tight against the blade.. so when contact is made there is much less kick back or wobble ( in my opinion).
and come on, they just look awesome. also the claws make for a great hand guard, and help with control when duel gripping, or when you have your grip chocked up on the hilt.
the grip fits so nicely into the hands, and the line symmetry and grooves really help to spin and twist
in the hands adding to a comfortable and stable grip wherever your hands are placed. the sorcerers weight is light enough to spin with ease, but heavy enough to not outbalance itself when the actual blade is in.
Perfection
There are a few draw backs i have found.
Some of the corners are very very sharp, on the claws, and square little boxes just under the neck of the emitter. unfortunately the biggest draw back is the speaker inside the pommel, which is loose. i have since tried to fix it but without damaging the speaker itself this is pretty hard. possibly the right size O ring might help, but ill have to hold back on dueling and flourishes for awhile. i have already started to hear a fuzz coming from the speaker from this issue..however the sound is still great and very loud. Saberforge has told me to send it back to have the issue fixed however, and i have full faith in them that the issue will be resolved.
now back to this incredible saber :)

well guys, another amazing saber from saber forge..as expected.
hope you enjoyed, ill have a video review up real soon.
Thanks!
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Luno-Jay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyran Azor, FailedJedi

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9919

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
Another absolutely stunning saber, great to see the front on perspective with the claws as well!

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9921

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
Great saber!

That contrast between the dark color of the saber, and the green of the blade is exquisite. I have an UltraSabers Dark Prophecy with an Emerald Green blade, so I know from where I speak.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9922

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
The green looks great with this excellent choice. you got a picture with a blade as well? Thanks for posting

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9923

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Wow those sabers are magnificent! I love the color choices on these. Green definitely makes for a great contrast to the finish on the hilt. The more I see the weathered hilts the more impressed I become in how crisp the fit and finish is on them.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9950

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member

hey guys just wanted to post a quick video of the sorcerer as promised,
i did not have the blades at the time to show off, but i will post another video of it when i can.
ENJOY
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9962

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
be sure to post pics of your when it comes Ribber!

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9964

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi. Am loving your version and would not have thought about green. Great choice. Is that the regular green or the mint shade. Thanks for the video that had lots of helpful info. Do you think that the hilt is too thick for a female medium sized hands? I have a Venom and use with no problems. :)

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9969

• habilis
  • The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart.
Looks sick congrats bro

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 2 months ago #9970

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
Dauntless7: I think you should be fine, I am a pretty short guy and fits perfect into my grip. I think your hands will fit it well. The saber itself is smaller.. And built for a smaller grip with the claws as a guard, the claws add height but not very much weight, it's well balanced for someone on the shorter side.. And yes that is the basic green 12 w LED
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Luno-Jay.

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10657

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
just finished some work on the Sorcerer,
mainly as you can tell, she is now claw-less.
a more simple design, and the screw holes make for cool emitter windows i think..
what do you think?

don't know how much you can tell from the pictures, but also took down some of the sharper edges to the saber.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FailedJedi

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10659

• Aproximo
  • Premium Member
  • Whatever you're gonna do, do it fast.
  • Thank you received: 12
I think I like it.

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10661

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Iunno why, but every time someone takes the claws off a claw saber (venom, viper, sorc...) all I see is a poor old shaved bald guy that misses his hair when I look at it. lol

That being said, this actually doesn't look too bad. I like the little accent windows the screw holes create as well. How does taking the claws off affect the balance? Does it feel a little more pommel-heavy without them, or is barely noticeable?

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10667

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
Knytiri wrote:
Iunno why, but every time someone takes the claws off a claw saber (venom, viper, sorc...) all I see is a poor old shaved bald guy that misses his hair when I look at it. lol

That being said, this actually doesn't look too bad. I like the little accent windows the screw holes create as well. How does taking the claws off affect the balance? Does it feel a little more pommel-heavy without them, or is barely noticeable?

haha! to be fair, i have taken them off ten times over, tried every combination of claws on her, and there are some really great looks this saber can do ( 3 claws instead of 6, or different positioning)

taking the claws off effects my handling most, i was used to using the claws for flourishes as a guard, so getting used to just wielding it from the neck is fun.. the weight is SLIGHTLY off, really only because i know the difference from handling her so much, but its minimal at best. most of the balance is still in the center of the saber, or when the blade is in, toward the emitter.

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10672

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Nice.. I thought taking the claws off might make it too backwards heavy to spin/etc effectively. Good to know it doesn't effect the saber too much. I thought about experimenting, taking the claws off my Descent, but decided I love the claws far too much. haha

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10758

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Yeah I like that look a lot. The emitter looks great that way with the light shining out those little screw holes for the claws. Nice work taking down the edges a bit more they look well worn now really great look either way but I think I like this a bit more.

Thanks for posting all the photos!

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10765

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
FailedJedi wrote:
Yeah I like that look a lot. The emitter looks great that way with the light shining out those little screw holes for the claws. Nice work taking down the edges a bit more they look well worn now really great look either way but I think I like this a bit more.

Thanks for posting all the photos!

thanks man! glad someone is enjoying them lol
finally settled on 4 of the claws overall.. check it out!

The following user(s) said Thank You: FailedJedi

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10767

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Wow. That looks REALLY good. The claws/screw hole lights are a great combo and a plus is that the saber profile gives off an infernal vibe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luno-Jay

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10769

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Oh very nice!! 4 claws is my favorite on this as well. Gives it a really nice "gripping" look while taking away from the slight overwhelming feel of all 6 claws.. now I want a sorc to do this with...

The Sorcerer Champion ( 12w Green) 2 years 1 month ago #10771

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Looks good man.
If you're set on leaving it with 4 claws. A possibility could be to use those existing threaded holes as pilot holes and you can drill em out slightly larger and then they'll also be smooth inside and not threaded.
it would make it obviously useless to use claws in those sections again tho.
You gonna stray from the Weathered with Green on your next saber?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119