Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venom.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Venom yellow 12w+ champion

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 3 days ago #63555

• Logan.lynskey13
  • Thank you received: 8
Okay so quick backstory:

I ordered this saber on april 30th and it came about a week ago. Several customer service emails and a bunch of other junk that changed (all my fault) but it finally arrived! Saberforge had a great response time, amazing customer service and i will always reccomend them based on this exeperience. Now, on to the saber.

First of all it is insanely bright. The color is an amazing golden yellow in person, on camera its not as brilliant. The thing is loud as can be and im very impressed with all the electronics. The blade is very sturdy and holds well in the long emitter. The grip on the hilt is comfortable in all places, until you get to the claws of course. The grenade body is what i love most though. Its not sharp at all, and its extremely easy to hold on to. The only problem is that the claws are INCREDIBLY easy to bend, as well as easy to scratch. A decent hit from another saber can bend them out of shape. Of course this means that they're easy to get back in to shape, but again, easily bent. Otherwise, this saber is complete perfection.

Pros:
- Bright
- Great sound
- good color and perfect distribution
- comfortable hilt with a good length

Cons:
- claws are easy to bend when hit
- claws can also be scratched easily

Overall, im extremely happy to have this as my first saber, and im very excited to order another to make a saber staff (pics will be uploaded of that as soon as its in)

Last Edit: 11 months 3 days ago by Brax. Reason: Inserted photos
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, OvrcAHst

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 3 days ago #63558

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Great looking saber! Yellow is a nice color, it looks like Lime Green in the photos.

The claws do look delicate but awesome, giving it an instant identification from a distance that it's the Venom.

Have fun!
"I am the Senate"

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 3 days ago #63560

• Logan.lynskey13
Execute66 wrote:
Great looking saber! Yellow is a nice color, it looks like Lime Green in the photos.

The claws do look delicate but awesome, giving it an instant identification from a distance that it's the Venom.

Have fun!
the lime green maybe due to the brown walls in the photos, but i agree it does look kind of green

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 3 days ago #63562

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Totally agree on the grenade grip; I love the look and feel of it on my ASP hilt.

I've found with my yellow saber that the green hue is actually more noticeable in the dark than in daylight.

Plus since the green die in the LED has a higher foreword voltage than the 3 amber ones, it will be slightly brighter on a full battery than a more drained one, but for the majority of the battery life the LED will be a very nice shade of yellow. I was really happy when I found SF's yellow LEDs, since I really didn't like any of the alternatives out there (like a white LED with a color filter).

I would recommend removing the claws when dueling. Plus most organized saber combat organizations require claws and blades to be removed from emitters anyway, so they don't scratch you opponent.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 3 days ago #63581

• Logan.lynskey13
Jaden Korr wrote:
Totally agree on the grenade grip; I love the look and feel of it on my ASP hilt.

I've found with my yellow saber that the green hue is actually more noticeable in the dark than in daylight.

Plus since the green die in the LED has a higher foreword voltage than the 3 amber ones, it will be slightly brighter on a full battery than a more drained one, but for the majority of the battery life the LED will be a very nice shade of yellow. I was really happy when I found SF's yellow LEDs, since I really didn't like any of the alternatives out there (like a white LED with a color filter).

I would recommend removing the claws when dueling. Plus most organized saber combat organizations require claws and blades to be removed from emitters anyway, so they don't scratch you opponent.
yeah the claws are better for aesthetic rather for battle. But they do make for the best aesthetic

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 2 days ago #63614

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
Love the venom in yellow! I can't agree more with your assessment of the saber. In my opinion the claws add a psychological terror in battle cause they look so mean hahaha
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logan.lynskey13

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 2 days ago #63618

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Beautiful Venom. Nice choice with the yellow-don't see it too often with most siding with amber over the yellow. Looks awesome. Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logan.lynskey13

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 1 day ago #63675

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Great review! I think Yellow is a bold color choice and really fits the aesthetic of your saber! Great choice!

Question on the claws. Are you saying they bend at the point where they attach to the hilt or are they just so thin they are pliable anywhere on the claw? Sorry to hear they scratch easily, but man do they look good! :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 23 hours ago #63724

• hugomontoya
Congrats on the purchase and the review with pics. I never thought of that particular hilt with a yellow would look so nice! Out of curiosity, is that a 32' blade? How does the yellow look on at the tail end of the blade? Slightly dimmer or remain vibrant in color?

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 11 months 7 hours ago #63789

• mikeystar78
Question... since it's recommended that the claws should be removed if dueling, is it possible to swap out the emitter if I buy an alternate emitter (such as the Fury emitter) from ASP? I'm just not sure if the Venom's emitter is permanently attached to the hilt, or if it can be unscrewed and put in a different emitter to make it similar to the Venomous Fury saber?

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 10 months 3 weeks ago #64328

• Logan.lynskey13
HotRod wrote:
Great review! I think Yellow is a bold color choice and really fits the aesthetic of your saber! Great choice!

Question on the claws. Are you saying they bend at the point where they attach to the hilt or are they just so thin they are pliable anywhere on the claw? Sorry to hear they scratch easily, but man do they look good! :-)
the claws bend more at the middle where that big hole is, as well as left and right due to some hits
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 10 months 3 weeks ago #64329

• Logan.lynskey13
hugomontoya wrote:
Congrats on the purchase and the review with pics. I never thought of that particular hilt with a yellow would look so nice! Out of curiosity, is that a 32' blade? How does the yellow look on at the tail end of the blade? Slightly dimmer or remain vibrant in color?
i did a 37" blade due to the 4" lost to the emitter and it feels like a 32" easy. The yellow when fully charged is even throughout

Venom yellow 12w+ champion 10 months 3 weeks ago #64330

• Logan.lynskey13
mikeystar78 wrote:
Question... since it's recommended that the claws should be removed if dueling, is it possible to swap out the emitter if I buy an alternate emitter (such as the Fury emitter) from ASP? I'm just not sure if the Venom's emitter is permanently attached to the hilt, or if it can be unscrewed and put in a different emitter to make it similar to the Venomous Fury saber?
if you do the asp option, you can unscrew the emitter and change it out easily. Otherwise you could hust unscrew the claws to spar
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2