Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Venom.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Weathered Champion Red Venom 12w+

Weathered Champion Red Venom 12w+ 10 months 2 weeks ago #64648

• Pedrias
  • Rule through fear of the force rather than force itself
  • Thank you received: 8
Might as well throw in my two cents on the Venom saber as well, though this time through the perspective of a sith, as it should be! :evil:

This review comes after having it for four months, as I wanted to see how well it fares with dueling (it's been through two events so far). Also will be including the usual pros and cons.

+The claws give it a very awesome aesthetic. They provide a very sith/darkside feel to it! It's practically begging to be paired with a red saber.

+ The grenade grip. I switch from one hand to two hand quite a bit, but this grip comes through in both instances. Strong enough to secure your grip on the saber, but comfortable enough to where you can't even feel the grip itself. Versatility with style!

- Might want to invest in some gloves if you like orbit/flourish. The bottom edge of the claws (close where you screw them in to the hilt) can rub off some of the skin the index finger.

- As mentioned in another review, these claws bend easily, which will be all but certain if you plan on dueling with it. Hell, they break easily if you drop it at the wrong angle, and they cannot be fixed (learned this the hard way)! If you plan on dueling with this saber, here are your options: order a backup pair of claws for display/shelf queen, remove them for dueling, or live with it as a "battle-worn" look.

Overall, this is an awesome saber, with an great look that will turn heads, with good features to boot. The cons are a bit nagging (especially if you have to unscrew the claws every time you want to duel), but I feel the pros more than compensate for this. Fine work, Saberforge!

(side note: sound board is crimson)

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, OvrcAHst, ToyKeeper

Weathered Champion Red Venom 12w+ 10 months 2 weeks ago #64741

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Thank you so much for your detailed review. I think it helps that you have had it for a couple of months before putting your thoughts out there to really get to know the saber first. Congrats on this awesome saber!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pedrias

Weathered Champion Red Venom 12w+ 10 months 2 weeks ago #64773

• Pedrias
  • Rule through fear of the force rather than force itself
  • Thank you received: 8
No problem Hot Rod, and thank you! The amount of time I've had it is the only real difference between the other Venom reviews, but I wrote this in hopes that shows those interested what they're getting with this saber in the long run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Weathered Champion Red Venom 12w+ 10 months 2 weeks ago #64860

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Nice review. Very comforting knowing that after four months you can still write up a review with positives outweighing negatives. Glad you're liking your Venom. Congrats.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Trades (1 Posts)
    • So does anybody actually like to trade than buy sabers?
    • Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • 6061 series aliminum, we drew it on AutoCad and then we had a company in China make it. Grips and...
    • Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4696
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 15