ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63533

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 113
Gnost-Dural wrote:
Borommakot wrote:
So is IGG still taking orders?

I've got the same question.

Well perhaps if you had checked the IGG page, you would see the answer right there. However, here is a quote for anyone who hasn't thought of doing so: "Please do not place a new order for a perk here on indiegogo it will be refunded, use the www.ShopSaberParts.com website"

As for the remaining 19 Legacy saber perks, I couldn't tell you if those are still available or not.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63535

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 535
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:
Borommakot wrote:

Well perhaps if you had checked the IGG page, you would see the answer right there. However, here is a quote for anyone who hasn't thought of doing so: "Please do not place a new order for a perk here on indiegogo it will be refunded, use the www.ShopSaberParts.com website"

As for the remaining 19 Legacy saber perks, I couldn't tell you if those are still available or not.

When I checked the page, after the asp site launched, there was no such notification.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Borommakot.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63537

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Borommakot wrote:
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:
Borommakot wrote:

When I checked the page, after the asp site launched, there was no such notification.

That is fair enough. I realise the comment I made sounded very confrontational, but it was not intended to be so.

In response to the annoyance/anger to the price changes, it is likely making harder to make parts, or those in less demand, more expensive.

To Darth Khloros, the redeemer emitter was $50 PLUS shipping on IGG, and on the new site is $59.99 plus shipping. A $9.99 price hike isn't really that high.

To jbeem, to put together a redeemer may cost more through asp, but this is with the added bonus of the threading and modular qualities of ASP. It makes sense for it to cost more. In terms of the graflex main parts costing $50 each before, the price hike is likely due to the parts being harder to produce, or in less demand.

Its not some big insult, the IGG pre-release was to gauge how the business practice works, and SF would have been data gathering the entire time to see how to modify the business model, which had not been fully optomised.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63538

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 535
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
That is fair enough. I realise the comment I made sounded very confrontational, but it was not intended to be so.

Thanks for clarifying.

Personally, I'm really glad to see the site live, but I wouldn't have minded the opportunity to snag some last minute savings through IGG. As fate would have it, the two hilts we got from the initial IGG preorder campaigin would've both been less than $150, and discounting the current cost of the LazerForge stands, we paid less thant $150 for them. The one hilt I got from the IGG open orders would have been 185 before shipping, and I got for $170 after shipping. So up until now I've been on the good side of the deals. The last two hilts I want are going to be a bit more costly, though. Fortunately, I don't need them for a while, so I've got time to save.

Edit: Also, the dual tone and weathered ASP plugs are amazing! For me, those right now are the epitome of saber plug designs.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Borommakot.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63539

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
ukyavuz wrote:
I am really clumsy with these kind of things there is also issue of fixing parts to fit look good not to mention I have fat thumbs and fingers which makes it even harder to work with what you said lastly electronics available for plug and play are basic things while I prefer rgb led for customizable blade color along with hero level sound card. I also hate IKEA approach in electronic devices if it was a modeling kit it would be different story but this is something I prefer someone knows what they are doing and can warranty their work to do
Fair enough if you're wanting a Hero for the multicolour manipulation. IKEA :lol:. Yes, that's what I got from it. Disoriented in a maze-like store armed with an allen key and a bag of trail-mix-cam bolts and grub screws with finding the exit. :lol:

TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
To Darth Khloros, the redeemer emitter was $50 PLUS shipping on IGG, and on the new site is $59.99 plus shipping.
Actually, Redeemer Emitter ($59.99) on shopsaberparts is just for the Blade holder to Thin Neck only with male threads. Minimally, you will still need an Adapter from $15.99 (then plus Shipping). The characteristic of Redeemer is the Grenade foregrip so using this specific Adapter would add $24.99.
A $9.99 price hike isn't really that high.
Whilst it may appear like a price increase (only when compared to KS/IGG pricing) it may just be the originally intended price point set for the Parts. It isn't uncommon when KS/IGG Campaigns bundle prices to be more cost effective to the early backers and when the Campaign successfully gets funded and the platform realised, moving forward equals different pricing parameters. Think of prices now as RRP and to gain support during the Campaign, it was a discount (plus additionals) from the RRP.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63541

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
Fair enough Ovrc, thanks for the corrections. Still, my point stands about price increases, I stand by my point of them being logical and, in my eyes, expected.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63542

• OvrcAHst
TheGrandAdmiral wrote:
Fair enough Ovrc, thanks for the corrections. Still, my point stands about price increases, I stand by my point of them being logical and, in my eyes, expected.
:lol: I don't disagree with you. Personally, I don't see it as a price increase. Depending on perception and interpretation, as I wrote, noted there is a difference with pricing structure but the parameters being compared are with a KS/IGG Campaign. The live platform/Outlet which is shopsaberparts is brand new and the pricing structure is first time shown. By my definitions, it would only become an increase if the shopsaberparts prices went up. Hey, I could be wrong, but in due course with inflation and CPI, increases will be inevitable.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63547

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 434
Execute66 wrote:
Wonderful. I deliberately held back on the Etsy Day Blades because Etsy shipping was not calibrated in a cost effective way. While I haven't yet checked, I bet it will be much more cost effective here at shopsaberparts.com similar to the main site.

Quoting myself, I am pleased to confirm that shipping cost is calibrated much more cost effectively at www.shopsaberparts.com as far as the Day Blades are concerned than Etsy shipping.
"I am the Senate"

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63548

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Good news for Indiegogo backers as follows. I received an email and this is also posted at Indiegogo.

Thank you all for the dedication and support that helped us create the worlds largest and most dynamic modular saber parts system. As special thank you to all of our backers we are sending out this backer only update with a discount code on you next ASP purchase.

The code "Founder" gives you 15% off any order from www.ShopSaberParts.com

"Founder" discount code valid 7/24-8/7

Thank you and may the Forge be with you all!
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63550

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 510
Interesting. A coupon code is most convenient for us, but now anybody can use it. Unless they cross-reference it with the KS and IGG order information.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63552

• Bellex
  • Thank you received: 1
Brax wrote:
Here is a little more good news. According to Phil, Black Lotus and Cross Guard emitters are coming soon!

Will this mean cross guard blades will become available to us separate from the emitter?

So excited no matter the answer. Thank you all for the work you have done for us all.
There is Balance in all things, even in the Force.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63553

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Interesting. A coupon code is most convenient for us, but now anybody can use it. Unless they cross-reference it with the KS and IGG order information.

I confirm the "Founder" coupon worked for me, 15% was taken off the total. Please note that my registration email address at www.shopsaberparts.com is identical to the email address where I registered to back Indiegogo ASP. I'm not 100% sure whether there is cross-reference or not, in any case, I am a genuine founder because I did purchase Indiegogo ASP (which was why I received the email in the first place).

I ordered all the six Day Blades, one color each and a mix of standard and thin neck versions. After applying the 15% discount, almost one Day Blade is effectively free. So I picked up six for the price of five. Will shoot some youtube videos when I get them. :lol:
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63564

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
This thing about the code is interesting. Maybe I should make an order to test if it works for non-founders. For science. :P

I mainly have two reactions to all of this: Yay! Nearly everything I need is here! and Holy [expletive] thin neck emitters are expensive. $84.99 for a complete Redeemer Emitter, is that right? Wow.

EDIY: No, that's completely wrong. $84.98 is the answer.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by RyanRising.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63568

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I think emitters need a blade plug length suggestion in addition to their size. We are using metric here so the imperial sizes are already giving me a headache but i can't really figure out the blade plug length fitting for lets say a viper or venom emitter

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63570

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 510
ukyavuz wrote:
I think emitters need a blade plug length suggestion in addition to their size. We are using metric here so the imperial sizes are already giving me a headache but i can't really figure out the blade plug length fitting for lets say a viper or venom emitter

The emitters with windows (emitter 1, Epoch, Venom/Viper) should need the 3 or 3.25 inch ones.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some of the blade plugs have a slightly wider (1.1" vs. 1" OD) top part, so they'll sit on top the emitter instead of sliding all the way in.

I know on the main site the listing for the a la carte blade plugs says you can mention what emitter you want it for, and SF will make sure the blade plug is the proper length for it.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63572

• OvrcAHst
ukyavuz wrote:
I think emitters need a blade plug length suggestion in addition to their size. But I can't really figure out the blade plug length fitting for lets say a viper or venom emitter
I like this suggestion. Certainly eliminates the trial and error exercise when purchasing Blade Plugs independent or simultaneous to Hilt Purchases. Eliminates the task to 'modify-to-fit' when it doesn't.
We are using metric here so the imperial sizes are already giving me a headache

Jaden Korr wrote:
The emitters with windows (emitter 1, Epoch, Venom/Viper) should need the 3 or 3.25 inch ones.
Another thing to keep in mind is that some of the blade plugs have a slightly wider (1.1" vs. 1" OD) top part, so they'll sit on top the emitter instead of sliding all the way in.
I know on the main site the listing for the a la carte blade plugs says you can mention what emitter you want it for, and SF will make sure the blade plug is the proper length for it.
Jaden, is that because of the non-fixed and open for interpretation tightening of the LED retention screw and how high or low it sits against the Heatsink?
All ASP Blade Plugs 'appear' to have the wider Cap (1.1" OD) consistent to the former/current Elite Blade Plugs. All Lazerforge Blade Plugs are 1.0" OD and won't have the end-obstruction against the Blade Socket.
It seems like extra work that has potential high probability of error if Plug length match to 'what' Emitter is relied upon in Order Notes. :unsure:

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63573

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
ASP Indiegogo blade plugs came perfectly fitted, which meant a SF technician actually cut the plug to fit the ASP emitter you ordered.
"I am the Senate"

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63574

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
ASP Indiegogo blade plugs came perfectly fitted, which meant a SF technician actually cut the plug to fit the ASP emitter you ordered.
Is this with specific reference to your ASP BP5 that came with Snoke Apprentice? With curiosity, what is the Plug length (just forward skipped your Tutorial Video to the Measurements and it wasn't mentioned)? Just trying to determine if it follows the rounded measurements of say .25", .50" , .75".

I have another random thought (likely best left in isolation too), perhaps Electronic proficient DIY-ers could chime in also: With my basic understanding, Warrior/Champion driving 4 dies as a dedicated single colour will result in the 4 dies used. On shopsaberparts when selecting a LED with specific die ratio, I noticed RGBA/RGBW listed. For multicolour, this is restricted to use with the Hero Board. If 'one' purchases an LED of either RGBA/RGBW in an attempt to DIY the Electronics but buys with Champion/Warrior, will the resulting output just equal White? The immediate reaction would be 'where are the colours?', right? Seems like a slippery slope similar to why Initiate Tiers were removed from Etsy.

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63576

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
My ASP Snoke Apprentice Plug measures 1.5 inches. It is the exact length such that it meets the retention screw just right.
"I am the Senate"

ASP Site Is Live! 7 months 3 weeks ago #63605

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
not sure if the founder code was meant to be public, but, hey, it's out there... :blink:

on another note, now that the asp site is live, i wonder what the wait times will be on the main site?

having both pre-built and custom options is awesome! my wife is going to kill me.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Payment types? (5 Posts)
    • I don't know about SF's reasons, but I know that another vendor doesn't use PayPal anymore due to...
    • The bottom of the site says they accept American express, Visa, discover, Mastercard, JCB and there...
    • well..........that sucks.
    • Apparently they don't accept Paypal I asked CS a while ago which payment options they accepted. They...
    • New and Upcoming from Phi... (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Guess I need to clear my schedule then.... :P :lol: You mean it's not already cleared for the 4...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4710
  • Latest Member: TARoberth2C1e
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4311
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 41