Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASP Site Is Live!

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63622

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
Gnost-Dural wrote:
not sure if the founder code was meant to be public, but, hey, it's out there... :blink:

What was initially thought to be received by exclusive email is not the case. The IGG Site has the announcement made Publicly to everyone and anyone.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnost-Dural

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63632

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Purchasable sabercore sound cards?? Huzzah!!!! :woohoo:

I wonder if you can install auxiliary led using the card.. only time will tell.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63652

• SnowDog
  • Thank you received: 25
Nice to see real life pics of all of the parts in their various finishes. Too bad there are already parts listed as "Sold Out" (e.g., Dual Tone Sinister Prophecy pommel)...

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63677

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1355
They are supposed to be added to the ASP line-up very soon, along with cross-guard emitters.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63682

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
I wonder if there will be ever a plug and play hero board :P

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63694

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
ukyavuz wrote:
I wonder if there will be ever a plug and play hero board :P

I could be wrong here, but I think part of the issue is that the recharge ports are required for the Hero boards and there would be an additional switch. I don't think this would be impossible, but they would have some hurdles to cross and it would depend on your blade color / application.

For example, in some instances, you might only needs 3 leads for the LED (Positive lead, and then one negative for each channel for your two blade colors if you want a 6w/6w/12w config) or you'd need 5 leads if you went with RGBA / RGBW (one color per channel plus the positive lead).

I'm just trying to think how they could set it up so it could meet all applications.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63696

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
I think the biggest hurdle would be all the extra quick connects you'd need for a Hero application would take up a lot more space and make the installation much more difficult (if not impossible, depending on the hilt design) for the layman, especially since they can't have all the wires be custom lengths for every hilt configuration.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63699

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
I think the biggest hurdle would be all the extra quick connects you'd need for a Hero application would take up a lot more space and make the installation much more difficult (if not impossible, depending on the hilt design) for the layman, especially since they can't have all the wires be custom lengths for every hilt configuration.

I agree. I've got a short ASP saber I've been dying to review, but I packed it with Quick Connects and I'm on my 3rd attempt getting the hilt together. The wiring was the easy part. It's tough on a short hilt.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63709

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
By the way, has anyone noticed that with the Sabercore soundboards on the ASP site, a new spelling of their light font has been thrown into the mix? There it's called "Veridium". This is in addition to the main site, where it's called "Viridium" and the board itself, which says "Viridian".
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63710

• Khang
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Ordered a few parts when shopsaberparts went live. I'm expecting a delivery tomorrow. Pretty quick turnaround.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63712

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
RyanRising wrote:
By the way, has anyone noticed that with the Sabercore soundboards on the ASP site, a new spelling of their light font has been thrown into the mix? There it's called "Veridium". This is in addition to the main site, where it's called "Viridium" and the board itself, which says "Viridian".

Good catch! I love this! I think they should just keep spelling it differently every time. It's sort of like Exhalted and Exalted. I think next it should be Exhaulted. :silly: Keeps us on our toes.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63713

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
There's another emitter, the Vigilant, that's missing. I've asked CS but haven't heard back. Hopefully this will be added as well.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Gnost-Dural.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63715

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
The Crimson boards also have Viridian printed on it (makes sense; produce one board and just install the different soundfont).

I think I might use my $120 in SF gift certificates ($20 of which was free) on a Spark Color 2 board from the ASP site instead of waiting for Spark 2s to go back in stock at Naigon(I just missed the last batch from the 20th) It is a bit more expensive than direct from Naigon, but with the extra $20 and the Founder coupon it ends up a bit cheaper.

The only thing about that is I'll have to figure out a solution for the second switch, since I don't want to drill another hole in the hilt but at the same time I'd also prefer to not have an internal recharge port.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63717

• spyrl
  • Thank you received: 3
I was thinking about using gift certificate too, I'm assuming it works the same way as on the normal Saberforge.com site with the gift certificate and password part?

Also, I'd love to see a recharge port option on the ASPs, even if it's only in the DIY section because it has no quick connects and requires soldering. I know that I could solder just fine if I had the wire order/diagram and if someone doesn't feel comfortable/able to do it themselves, most electronics repair shops should be able to do it as well, if you gave them the wiring diagram.
"He was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe.
Which was going to be hard, because there wasn't one." Terry Pratchett

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63855

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
OvrcAHst wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:
not sure if the founder code was meant to be public, but, hey, it's out there... :blink:

What was initially thought to be received by exclusive email is not the case. The IGG Site has the announcement made Publicly to everyone and anyone.

Which is particularly interesting since the Kickstarter one is for backers only. I still suspect this was meant only for backers and they either mistakenly made the IGG one public or IGG doesn't have a way to show only to backers. Either way as someone who contributed it seems like a kick in the pants to see it not be exclusive. I was also pretty perturbed that it has such a narrow window for use, if you didn't already have money set aside for this you might have trouble using it. Oh well...
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Broll.

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63868

• Solinbeb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
Damn, the Founder coupon's only good until 8/7?

No time to save for the parts...

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63869

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
Solinbeb wrote:
Damn, the Founder coupon's only good until 8/7?

No time to save for the parts...

Yup same here, if it had come out two weeks earlier I was sitting on tons of birthday money that is now gone. :sick:

I think I'm going to get:
1. Extra battery so I can always have one in my ASP and 1 fully charged waiting to be swapped out
2. Dissident body to get a longer grip than the Juggernaut body on my current ASP.
3. 4 metal parts for a new saber, but no electronics.
4. Probably a second stand.

I originally had hoped to buy a second full saber with electronics with my coupon but with the short notice and money it doesn't make sense right now. Also with them including a DIY recharge port on the site and possibility of them someday adding recharge ports to ASP holding off on electronics may be a blessing. Worst comes to worst if they never add recharge ports to ASP I may use this second saber as a guinea pig for DIY recharge port before messing with my primary.
Sabers owned:
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63887

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1355
If you were looking for the Vigilant emitter, it is now listed on the ASP website!

Enjoy!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, Gnost-Dural

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63893

• Broll
  • Premium Member
Does anyone know if it's possible to split a payment on shopsaberparts.com? I have a $100 visa prepaid card I got as a birthday present, but that isn't enough to cover my whole purchase. Does anyone know if I can use that card then supplement the rest with a regular card?
Sabers owned:
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

ASP Site Is Live! 1 year 3 months ago #63895

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
Broll wrote:
Does anyone know if it's possible to split a payment on shopsaberparts.com? I have a $100 visa prepaid card I got as a birthday present, but that isn't enough to cover my whole purchase. Does anyone know if I can use that card then supplement the rest with a regular card?
The Payment Details Menu at Checkout only enables entry of one Card Type for Payment and requires the Buyer to have sufficient Funds available on Card used to process the transaction. So the answer to Split-Payments is No. Are you able to transfer the available Funds either from the PrePaid VISA into regular CC or vice versa?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 24