Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber?

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28267

• savageshark
I'm working on saving up some cash to get my custom made lightsaber. I've been playing around on the Saber Parts 3D interface from the Indigogo site. I saw the delivery date is estimated for February.

I'm just wondering if there is some kind of deadline to select my perk on the sight?

Thanks

I had this design in mind for my own:

Adaptive Saber Parts
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.128.1.0-3.88.1.32-2.75.1.0-1.19.1.0-7.152.11.0-6.149.3.0-5.143.0.0-8.153.0.0

Parts
ASP . Graflex Pommel . Standard
ASP . Dissident Body . Standard . Dark Blue Leather
ASP . Venom Switch . Standard
ASP . Gladius Emitter . Standard
ASP . Led 12W+ . Deep Blue
ASP . Blade Plug 4 . Silver
ASP . Blade 32'' . null
ASP . Sound Crimson . null
Last Edit: 7 months 3 days ago by savageshark.
The topic has been locked.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28271

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
1 - posted in the wrong category. These are ASP sabers, not customs from our custom shop.

2 - indiegogo ends in a day or two. ASP system will launch and go live soon.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28272

• savageshark
Oh sorry, i'm still new on the site I wasn't sure where I could post this? I assumed it was under here since the topic was on custom sabers.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28279

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 344
I assumed it was under here since the topic was on custom sabers.
"custom" sabers are sabers which have been modified from their base SF build, what you're asking about are ASP sabers which, while customizable, aren't considered to be "custom" per se.

Yes, it's kinda po-tay-toe poh-tah-toe.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28286

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Knytiri are you saying that we only have 1 or 2 more days before we will no longer be able to do the pledge to get one of the first ASP sabers when they release? If that is the case I may jump in and buy one.

If its true that the ability to pledge for an asp saber will shut down in a day or two...how long will it be before we will be able to buy one normally?

This is all very sudden and a bit confusing to me. I ordered a regular built saber through the site the other day but i've been looking at the ASP stuff and I realized that any future saber I buy should be one of those due to the mix and matching and plug and play electronics. If my opportunity to buy an ASP saber is about to be cut off i'd like some confirmation and also any estimated time frame before I would be able to buy it again after release. Any info would be greatly appreciated before this locks down as I may buy one tomorrow if its going to be a LONG time before you can get an ASP without being part of the first pledges.

Thank you

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28289

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 436
jbeem wrote:
Knytiri are you saying that we only have 1 or 2 more days before we will no longer be able to do the pledge to get one of the first ASP sabers when they release? If that is the case I may jump in and buy one.

If its true that the ability to pledge for an asp saber will shut down in a day or two...how long will it be before we will be able to buy one normally?

This is all very sudden and a bit confusing to me. I ordered a regular built saber through the site the other day but i've been looking at the ASP stuff and I realized that any future saber I buy should be one of those due to the mix and matching and plug and play electronics. If my opportunity to buy an ASP saber is about to be cut off i'd like some confirmation and also any estimated time frame before I would be able to buy it again after release. Any info would be greatly appreciated before this locks down as I may buy one tomorrow if its going to be a LONG time before you can get an ASP without being part of the first pledges.

Thank you

Heya, I'm not an official source, but the news I got is the same thing Kyntiri said; the ASP pre-orders through Indiegogo will end with the New Year, so if you're interested in being part of the first wave, or looking to get the extra goodies, now's the time. But I haven't heard anything about when full ASP availability/post-launch orders can be placed.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28299

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
Thanks Borommakot.

One other question I thought of that is of key importance. I was thinking of doing the $350 pledge to get a champion level ASP saber. If I DONT do the pledge and wait for the full release...will prices be higher for equivalent features? As in, are these pledge prices a significant discount for what you get compared to what the actual cost for the exact same thing will be once in full release?

This is a big factor for me. I just coughed up 400+ bucks for an epoch champion saber through the main site. I fully intended to buy another saber in the future sometime and have it be from the ASP system. For me to dump the extra money now after having just bought my first saber, it has to be A. a good opportunity timewise that will not be available for a significant amount of time if not gotten before the pledges stop (i.e. getting an ASP saber in the live rollout won't be possible until months after the pledges get the first round) and B. getting in early with a pledge is a great deal compared with what it will cost to wait until the system is live. (i.e. a reward small discount for early adopters)

Any info to help me in this decision is greatly appreciated. Or if anyone knows whether the company has addressed any of these questions already? I read the FAQs section for ASP but it hasn't been updated since July.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28300

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
That's definitely a problem for me. The Ultrasabers that my foolhardy brother bought for he and I will be arriving soon, and unless they break (which is very likely), I won't be buying sabers from here until next year. Oh, well.

Hopefully if and when ASP becomes more of a 'build on order' system like the current SF system, I'll be able to snag my custom blade.

I agree with Jbeem, as well. The prices should be a bit higher for custom sabers, but not overly so, or I'll be sorely disappointed.

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28304

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I read the FAQs section for ASP but it hasn't been updated since July.
Info dried up towards the end of the Kickstarter so I stopped updating. *shrugs*
If I DONT do the pledge and wait for the full release...will prices be higher for equivalent features? As in, are these pledge prices a significant discount for what you get compared to what the actual cost for the exact same thing will be once in full release?
This close to the official rollout I'd suggest waiting and seeing what the price points will be. There was some banter from official sources about ASP prices being lower than the base saber builds but they're hasn't been any chatter about this for almost five months.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 3 days ago #28307

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
Thanks h2soy, the "wait and see' approach is often wise but in this case its a bit of a problem considering the fact that I only have 1 day or so to jump in on a pre order! I wish we could get some offical info on any of this before they shut down the preorders.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28566

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
So only about a day or so left and i"m really wanting to just buy the $350 pledge before its too late. I was really hoping someone chimes in with more info but time is almost up!

Hah, first world problems are kind of funny. I'm stressed about buying my SECOND saber haha

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28571

• savageshark
I'd also liek to know if there is a deadline or something about the preorders. I'm working on saving up some funds to get my first custom saber

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28573

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Whoever runs the Saberforge page on Facebook (Phil, I'm assuming) just posted something confirming: Dec 31 is the last day for ASP pre-order.

Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28577

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
Damn. Does that mean we won't be able to order ASP sabers after tomorrow at all?

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28582

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Damn. Does that mean we won't be able to order ASP sabers after tomorrow at all?
Nah, this just means that ASP will be incorporated into the main website soon. A while ago the original plan was to integrate the ASP builder into the website so you could purchase parts directly instead of through the KS or IGG. I hope this move is a harbinger of them relaunching and redoing their website which is something that's been talked about happening the same time as ASP going live.

So ASP ordering might take a brief hiatus or might be back in a huge way on 1/1/16.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28583

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
As h2soy said, tomorrow is just the last day for PRE-order.

Which means being able to regular order ASP parts probably isn't very far off. :woohoo:
Champion Fury 6W Green

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28584

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Got it. I hope that with their site overhaul they add all of the new Etsy sabers, like the Silver Knight and the Relic. It'd also be sick to have the three prong Relic emitter in the ASP software.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28586

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
Oh god.. they put a Templar emitter in the ASP, I'm gonna order one so hard they'll hear me slapping the "Place Order" button in Siberia.

Though, I've been kind of wondering how crossguard emitters would work with ASP. Setting aside the fact that you'd also need to order at least two other LED modules (assuming you already had an ASP saber you were converting), how would you hook them up? Best I can figure is some kind of four ended Y connector to hook all three LEDs into the switch.

But yeah, if they make an ASP crossguard emitter... definitely adding that and an other set of LEDs to my ASP toolbox.
Champion Fury 6W Green
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28629

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
Just to let you know, I saw in the ASP faqs that the relic crossguard design is coming to the ASP system as part of the expansion pack. It was confirmed.

Is there a deadline for ordering a custom saber? 7 months 2 days ago #28660

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Expansions mentioned as being in development over the past several months: graflex, curved, crossguard, Regal, & Windu. "In development" can mean any number of things so until it shows up in the ASP builder it's still up in the air.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (11 Posts)
    • I have that RbCW in my Phoenix ;) He picks some winners. The Amber Red-Orange White is in my...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (3 Posts)
    • Oooh interesting! It looks like they don't have the D-Ring at the emitter though, which is too bad....
    • Master Replica Force FX C... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: It's a constant current LED driver - imagine a 1200mA buck puck (the exact may be 1280mA). Any...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (11 Posts)
    • First off I'd like to thank you all for the warm comments. To answer some of the questions.. - I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 53
  • Yesterday Answer: 85