Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Covertech placement on flipped bodies

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30879

• Ackerman
i recently preordered an ASP saber using the Juggernaut body. My intended appearance calls for flipping the body section. I'm wondering, since there are likely quite a few who have designs incorporating a flipped body, if it is possible to request that the Covertech knob be installed at the opposite end of the body to accommodate this preference. This is an issue I didn't even consider until after I'd gotten a confirmation email from Saberforge stating that my order had been received. I sent an email that same day, Dec 30th, asking about this, but I have yet to receive a reply. Is there anybody out there with a similar concern that may have already gotten an answer to their inquiry?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30881

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
I had a similar issue with my saber though I did receive a bit of an answer on mine. (From the forum, not directly from SF). For some reason my pommel had the pre-drilled hole for the knob that most bodies had instead. Looking at images of the base saber my body came from (The Dissident) I could tell it would more than likely be put on the body.

What does concern me is your email wait though...I had a couple specific questions regarding my ASP pre-order hilt that I sent after I'd gotten my confirmation/ASP part order form. I replied with my questions and that was over two days ago.

A bit worrisome to hear you've been waiting since the 30th.

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30882

• Ackerman
It's concerning me a bit, too lol. They were super fast on replying to my order form email to let me know they got it.

I notice you have the Sinister Prophecy pommel, which I also chose. That gives me a bit of hope that the Covertech knob will be on the pommel, which would solve my problem.

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30883

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
It's definitely one of the quirks I guess you could say about the ASP program. With so many possibilities and ideas, things like the Covertech knobs may end up being one of the main problem areas.

It turns what is meant to mostly be a pick X parts out of the bins and simply ship them out, into custom (albeit small, it's just drilling a hole) work for each saber.

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30885

• Ackerman
I've accepted the possibility that I may have to make due with the body not being flipped. It doesn't look terrible, but the wrap for my Juggernaut body is black leather and my Epoch switch section is in a black finish. With the body flipped the silver strip at the bottom moves to the center of the saber breaking up the black. It just looks better that way, in my opinion.

Still, I have to wonder how the Covertech placement dilemma wasn't thought of in the planning stages. I'm fairly certain it wasn't considered or they would have asked that we stipulate flipped or not on the body entry of the order form.
Last Edit: 6 months 1 day ago by Ackerman.

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30887

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
I'd be interested in seeing your saber. I can't tell if you wanted the silver stripe between the body and switch section or not or if you played around with your body being black.

To get back mostly onto topic here's a link to a response on another thread about the email situation by For Tyeth.
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/open-topics/4471-no-answer-from-saberforge-email

Probably one the best and most concise descriptions of what's going on over at SF HQ.

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30972

• Ackerman
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.137.1.0-3.96.1.27-2.57.4.0-1.18.1.0-7.152.13.0-6.149.3.0-5.143.0.0-8.154.0.0

Covertech placement on flipped bodies 6 months 1 day ago #30976

• Ackerman
Silver stripe should be in the center to break up the black and add a bit of symmetry.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 4 legged SW fans (3 Posts)
    • That dog would be in the lead or eating something. lol
    • Saberforge Day Blades (52 Posts)
    • Made a much better comparison video with the flicker off and no lights. ...
    • Saber Forge Katana Champi... (17 Posts)
    • I also posted a review of the V4 Infinity Edge Blades. I'm not sure where to put this, so, I figured...
    • Something.... NEW! (760 Posts)
    • This is not a Wait Begins. I am convinced it is Something New. Today marks a very special...
    • Custom Fury (6 Posts)
    • MaceWindex, that is exceptional work you have done and in downtime and when bored also. Can you...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3153
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 88