Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saberforge Day Blades

Saberforge Day Blades 4 months 2 days ago #61517

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 96
Now they have these Enhanced day day blades that don't dim and actually get slightly brighter. They are failed photon blade results (which makes the blue led a green, way brighter than possible with LEDs). They explained that their Blue enhanced blade worked with all blues. Red works with red and blood orange. Yellow/gold, with yellow and orange... I'd imagine that SFs day blades work with colors the same way, but dimmer, though they are all Thick walled so?? I have the enhanced VV Red and Yellow/gold and they rock. I's imagine SFs Standard Day blades work as well as VV STANDARD day blades. But with regular day blades you do lose some of the brightness. Good to see SF making them
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saberforge Day Blades 4 months 2 days ago #61519

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1395
Otto,

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Saberforge Day Blades 4 months 2 days ago #61520

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
Advantages for companies blades and disadvantaged. All Dueling Blades are the same price 35$

US.. Most variety of normal blades, Now Have threaded tips! Film gets messed up when messing around. No day Blades. Have 40 inch blades easily available

VV. Standard blade is only 34 inch. Blade tips glued on and tend to pop off when dueling. Likely the ugliest blade when turned off. They have 7/8 inch blades (thank god). Most variety of kinds of blades. The Photon Blade is unreal. The Enhanced day blade are gorgeous, the red and yellow blade are beautiful on and off. They are brighter than standard day blades, but will be very subjective on appeal to differing people. As the colors just aren't canon or old EU. Their diffusion method is the best for a full blade effect. As SF threaded tips are the best, VVs film doesn't wrinkle as easily (or ever for me).

Sf.. Made for dueling. heaviest poly carb blade on the market. Which makes their variety very limited. Depending on taste, it appears to be hated or loved when turned on. When turned off, easily the nicest looking when turned off. Their threaded tips are obviously more dependable. Personally, if the weight is ok to you and you duel SF wins easily. They have the most colors available, they will dim the LED, but having a purple day blade is awesome!

This is all observation and opinion, if you see something I miss please elucidate
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Saberforge Day Blades 4 months 2 days ago #61521

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Wish they had rounded tips available, would save having to sand down tips for TSL and such.

TCSS also has blades ;)

Saberforge Day Blades 4 months 2 days ago #61522

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
Try to get hold of one of the guys who went to the tournament (TSL)... There is a way
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Saberforge Day Blades 4 months 2 days ago #61525

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 152
Oh they're not terrible to sand, I talk to a bunch of tourney goers :P Just be nice to have it come that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 4 weeks ago #61716

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 237
Couldn't resist any longer. Snagged 3-32". Red,Green,Blue. :P
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 4 weeks ago #61718

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 60
Just got my 32" green day blade! Really slick but unfortunately I haven't got my saber back from the last RMA yet. Will be sure to post pics and videos once I do after the holiday weekend.

Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Brady329.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, jonnys95s10, DarthSauron

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 4 weeks ago #61719

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 106
Brady329 wrote:
Just got my 32" green day blade! Really slick but unfortunately I haven't got my saber back from the last RMA yet. Will be sure to post pics and videos once I do after the holiday weekend.

Now I'm really wanting to pick one of these up for mine!

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 3 weeks ago #62298

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
Finally got my Exhalted back from the 2nd RMA! The loose LED was fixed but now the speaker rattles from where the c-clamp wasn't installed correctly and I'm completely missing my Mylar film for the thin neck! Needless to say I won't be sending it back to them again.
Anywho, quickly put together a video comparing the green day blade to the regular V4. Sorry for the shakiness!

After fully charging in a much darker room.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Brady329.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, jonnys95s10

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 3 weeks ago #62317

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
Received my day blades Tuesday. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but right out the box they look great! They remind me of cellophane candy wrappers. Deep color with a sort of jeweled/shiny texture.

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 3 weeks ago #62512

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
Made a much better comparison video with the flicker off and no lights.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, jonnys95s10

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #62516

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
Day blade on the left.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, OvrcAHst, jonnys95s10

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #62538

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
32" Green day blade with 12W+ Green LED

32" Blue day blade with 12W+ Deep Blue LED

They are slightly dimmer than the regular V4 blades. But what you lose in brightness, you gain in intense color.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Greysider.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, jonnys95s10

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #62764

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
Outside in full daylight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, OvrcAHst

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #62780

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 464
Brady329 good job with these videos. The thin neck struggles to illuminate the blade in full sun but the main purpose is definitely achieved,(DayBlade). I'm glad you FINALLY got your saber back. I was honestly angry to hear about the first failed attempt of warranty repair, and the problems you had right off the bat. Things happen, but damn it suck when it does. It'd seem all is well in your Star Wars Universe now.MTFBWY!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady329

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #62783

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
Thanks! Yeah, the two RMA's were very frustrating to say the least! There really isn't that much brightness loss with the 12w+ thin neck, it's just more noticeable because when my saber was sent back from the last RMA it was missing the reflective Mylar that really gives it that extra boost. They are sending me some replacement Mylar currently but I am done with RMA's.
Have a Sabersmith lined up to do a Spark 2 install with a mint green led for a green main blade with white FoC and a bass speaker! Can't wait for the better swing sensitivity and sounds!

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #62789

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 84
DarthSauron wrote:
BoostinIX wrote:
Photon indeed turns blue to green. Or blue to whatever enhanced day blade they have now
I think enhanced day blades dont turn blue into something, they should be used like normal day blades, using the red blade with red LED for example. I saw a guy using Red EDB with a blue led on youtube, the blade had a blue core and a pinkish orange aura
Day blades, enhanced day blades, and photon blades. Not in that order.

The photon blades use a "remote phosphor" system. Normally, a white LED is actually a blue emitter with a phosphor layer directly on top which excites via blue light and then emits white light. The phosphor doesn't have to be directly on the emitter die though. For example, the Philips L-Prize bulb had blue bare emitters at the center and a yellow phosphor layer coating the inner surface of the bulb's shell. So, it looked yellow while off but emitted white light while on. The overall result was record-breaking for efficiency and tint at the time (hence why it won the L Prize).

It seems that photon blades use the same trick, except instead of a truly bare emitter it's using a deep blue, and instead of a yellow layer to produce white, it's a different kind of phosphor which looks green -- coating the entire inside of the blade. So if I understand correctly, the entire photon blade is basically a light bulb. However, much like glow-in-the-dark items, the photon blade's phosphors can be activated by sunlight too, making it a bit brighter during the day. And if Cree ever starts selling uncoated emitters, it might increase the brightness of photon-style blades even further.

Regular day blades are mostly like plain blades, only tinted. And generally less opaque, so they look thinner while on. So, match the blade color to the emitter color for best results.

Enhanced day blades are an attempt to use remote phosphor tricks to make different colors. It sounds like the results haven't been as good as the green one yet, but still interesting enough to sell. The VV ones still use blue as the emitter color, regardless of what color the enhanced day blade is. I've heard this can produce sort of a multicolor blade effect with a blue core and other color on the outside.
This is not the post you're looking for.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by ToyKeeper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 2 weeks ago #63040

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Brady329 good job with these videos. The thin neck struggles to illuminate the blade in full sun but the main purpose is definitely achieved,(DayBlade). I'm glad you FINALLY got your saber back. I was honestly angry to hear about the first failed attempt of warranty repair, and the problems you had right off the bat. Things happen, but damn it suck when it does. It'd seem all is well in your Star Wars Universe now.MTFBWY!
Finally got my Mylar strip for the thin-neck from SaberForge in the mail today. I really didn't realize just how much brighter that reflective film makes it! Makes me love my day blade even more! Will post night videos later, but here's one in direct sunlight on a very sunny day here in Ohio. MTFBWY!

Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Brady329.

Saberforge Day Blades 3 months 1 week ago #63190

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
Got an updated photo comparison of the day blade (left) and the regular V4 Infinity after getting the Mylar back for my thin-neck.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Unleashediv
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SD Card Configuration for... (18 Posts)
    • Side Question: Any news on when the Plug-and-Play Hero Sound Kits will be back in stock? I think...
    • Really? They're charging extra for the SD card thats supposed to be on the board? Not sure how I...
    • It must be some sort of collective community "brain fart" when it comes to shipping soundboards...
    • Have any of you gotten any Fix from SF about all the missing SD cards? Or has it become SOP to ship...
    • Anybody Know When ASP Cry... (8 Posts)
    • I can understand the standpoint, but on the other side of the coin, leaving people in the dark can...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4643
  • Latest Member: Judsonkar
  • Total Posts: 49k
  • Total Topics: 3667
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 11