Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's Begun!

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39609

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
Official word about the launch of the ASP shop!
Thank you all so much for your patience and your support, we could not have done it without you, after some unexpected delays to upgrade our facility to be compliant with OSHA safety standards we are fully operational and ASP sabers are rolling off the assembly line.

Below are pictures of the first batch of ASP hilts. Production will ramp up very quickly over the next few weeks and we plan to have all of our Kickstarter orders shipped out this month.

For those of you who would like to purchase additional ASP sabers we will start selling ASP sabers and parts after all of our backer orders have gone out.

MAY THE FORGE BE WITH YOU ALL!

So, the Kickstarter backers orders are being assembled and shipped, which would imply when that backlog is cleared, regular orders for ASP parts should become available.

Not long now folks!

*Disclaimer - I am not an official spokesman, or representative of SaberForge. Only Knytiri, and his customer service staff have that distinction. I am only sharing what I, as a Kickstarter contributor, learned about the state of things via e-mail.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Brax.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Afadir, Borommakot, Arsen Hauer, Kheragryn, DarthTtocs

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39610

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
*fans self* Aw lawdy..

I'm an IGG backer, rather than a KS backer, so I still have a bit to wait, but I am SO jazzed to hear they're finally getting rolling! (Literally, goosebumps.)
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39612

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
So freaking stoked for this. Can't wait to get my hands on the Retribution!

(I decided to name my saber design...because why not.)

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39613

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20
Definitely awesome, just wish I still wasn't waiting on an email response. It kind of dulls my excitement a tad.

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39614

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Darth Intefector wrote:

Ha, dude.. you're not the only one. See my signature.

(Granted, it's named after a saber hilt design from Star Wars Galaxies, but it's a name!)
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Intefector

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39616

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
Afadir wrote:
Darth Intefector wrote:

Ha, dude.. you're not the only one. See my signature.

(Granted, it's named after a saber hilt design from Star Wars Galaxies, but it's a name!)

Nice!!

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39617

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
Awesome to hear! Thanks for the good news, Brax!

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39618

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
Dang it! C'mon, paycheck, why can't you earn yourself?

"That's called 'interest' John."

Yeah. You're right, Intelligence.

"I aim to serve."

Guess I'll have to wait longer than I thought for the Acolyte. Emerald Fury, here I come! (Least, as soon as I fix that little PS body issue...)

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39626

• Kjarr
  • Thank you received: 7
Will Saberforge be unveiling a new website to go along with the release of the ASP program? I will be buying a saber for myself and my son as well as a few 12w+ LED bulbs. I can't wait!!!

check out my saber design below:

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.111.1.0-3.109.1.0-2.75.1.0-1.12.1.0-7.152.15.0-6.145.3.0-8.154.0.0

Tell me what ya think!!
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Kjarr. Reason: mispelling

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39634

• DarthTtocs
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
nice
The wounded Jedi looks up at the massive man wielding a 6' long light saber! The last words the Jedi hears is "Yes, I am Sith, and oh, so much more"

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39636

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hmm, where exactly do the IndieGoGo preorders fit into this? In your post above it only cites the "backers" specifically being built and shipped now before going live, whereas on the facebook site it says :

"For everyone who was not able to pre order through Kickstarter and Indiegogo ASP will be available to the general public as soon as all of our pre orders ship out."

So, do indies go out when the system goes live for everyone? Or are indies included in the shipments going out to "backers" BEFORE the system goes live launch?

I'm uniquely positioned here. I got in on the indiegogo preorders right at the end, but also my wife and daughter are both waiting for the ASP system to go live so that they can each order a saber that they can design themselves. Also when they do that, I want to design myself a "redeemer" basically except for i'm going to use a graflex pommel (because the next saber I get will be the graflex pieces and the graflex pommel works perfectly on both the redeemer AND the prodigal son which I plan to get further down the line)

I'm so damn excited for this! Not only for my indiegogo preorder to arrive but also for the live launch so that we can all order new sets of saber pieces to make more! Aside from all that, i'm currently on 5 and a half weeks into my order of an Epoch Champion from the main site. I've seen lately people getting build queue notices at around 9 weeks and then it taking 10 business days after that to get the saber, so my Epoch might be coming around right after the ASP saber, or right before, depending on when Indiegogo orders go out. Either way its a very sabery future for me ahead!

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39638

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
Eddlyss64 wrote:

"I aim to serve."

Guess I'll have to wait longer than I thought for the Acolyte. Emerald Fury, here I come! (Least, as soon as I fix that little PS body issue...)

Hey man, do you have a credit card? If so...commence shopping spree!

Then when the tax refund comes back...pay that sucker off!

Thats what my wife and I have done for the past few years. Its a funny cycle we go through. We always splurge right around christmas and right after and then just pay it back down afterwards with the tax refund.

But of course much of this depends on having excellent credit which lets me have high limits and low interest rates. It took a hell of alot of work to get to a good credit rating, but damn its worth it!

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39640

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
jbeem wrote:
Hmm, where exactly do the IndieGoGo preorders fit into this? In your post above it only cites the "backers" specifically being built and shipped now before going live, whereas on the facebook site it says :

"For everyone who was not able to pre order through Kickstarter and Indiegogo ASP will be available to the general public as soon as all of our pre orders ship out."

So, do indies go out when the system goes live for everyone? Or are indies included in the shipments going out to "backers" BEFORE the system goes live launch?

If I had to guess, the verbiage would indicate that Indigogo contributors orders are being handled with the KickStarter orders, and the regular orders would begin after both have been shipped out, but only an official rep could verify that.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39641

• MusicallyInspired
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
It wouldn't make sense to withhold Indiegogo backers while Kickstarter backers get first dibs. There would be no point in backing via Indiegogo. I think it's safe to assume it's talking about both Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers.

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39643

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
Kickstarter was first and finished surveys before indigogo even went up. I would hope and expect that all KS rewards will be shipped before they start on iGG. Then all IGG orders will be filled. Then any other crowdfunding sites they did then any new ASP orders.

I would be really pissed if they filled any IGG orders before KS orders.

I hope the IGG backers realize the KS was originally estimated to be fully shipped before the IGG was even a thing. KS ran from June 1st, 2015 to July 11, 2015 and IGG ran from November to January.

I would think that once they make it through the KS rewards and start on the preorders they would open up orders to the public so they can start lining up their production queue so they don't hit down time.. Unless of course they want a week or two of downtime to celebrate and give their employees a rest.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Artair.

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39644

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
jbeem wrote:
Eddlyss64 wrote:

"I aim to serve."

Hey man, do you have a credit card? If so...commence shopping spree!

Then when the tax refund comes back...pay that sucker off!

Thats what my wife and I have done for the past few years. Its a funny cycle we go through. We always splurge right around christmas and right after and then just pay it back down afterwards with the tax refund.

But of course much of this depends on having excellent credit which lets me have high limits and low interest rates. It took a hell of alot of work to get to a good credit rating, but damn its worth it!

*Wishes he had a credit card but knows how bad of a temptation that would be.*

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39647

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
MusicallyInspired wrote:
It wouldn't make sense to withhold Indiegogo backers while Kickstarter backers get first dibs. There would be no point in backing via Indiegogo. I think it's safe to assume it's talking about both Kickstarter and Indiegogo backers.

I think it makes perfect sense. The kickstarter backers did so from the start, earlier last year. The indiegogo thing was set up as a "preorder" after the kickstarter had been completed and far over fulfilled. I would completely expect KS backers to get first dibs above anyone else and only after all of them are fulfilled...we who ordered from indie as "preorders" would get ours. I was just wondering if indie preorders would come before or after live launch to the public. Thats the only thing that wasn't fully spelled out as of yet.

On another note...does anyone know if indiegogo preorders qualify for those few extra 'rewards" that came with certain tiers? For instance, I bought the $350 tier which gives one ASP saber with champion sound. I think it said something about coming with a saber stand and some other stuff but now I can't remember. If we are getting those "extras" do we get a choice of which saber stand we want? I would want the imperial if I had a choice. Or is it some other new kind of stand that goes out that isn't one of their current designs?

Any info on this and/or what if any are the other rewards at the $350 tier would be greatly appreciated thanks guys

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39650

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
[/quote]

*Wishes he had a credit card but knows how bad of a temptation that would be.*[/quote]

I know how you feel. I was terrified of getting a credit card until I was about 27 or 28. Around then I fixed up my credit and got myself a good card and in the years since I've just learned never to either "live" on the credit card or use the credit card to pay for stuff that I wouldn't normally be able to pay for straight out. I just use if for convenience to get something perhaps before a certain payday arrives or something.

The way i'm using it now is the exception. We always spend a bit around now because we already know our tax refund is coming and will easily pay the balance off to zero with much more to spare.

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39653

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
I am very excited to hear the good news but I'm trying to stay realistic and not get my hopes up too much. We (KS backers) have heard shipping soon updates a few times already months ago. The pictures help to sell it but I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

It's Begun! 5 months 2 weeks ago #39655

• Kheragryn
  • second star to the right
  • Thank you received: 16
@______@ YEEEEEESSS

SOOOOOOON

EQUINOX: the Last Light
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore sound menu manu... (4 Posts)
    • If you have a latching switch instead of a momentary switch, things could get weird. If that were...
    • Sabercore sound menu manu... (4 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know if there's an actual manual anywhere, but it's pretty straightforward. To enter config...
    • Recently Responded to Ema... (6 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Quote: It sounds like your question about crystal window styles didn't get answered. :lol: All I...
    • ASP "Interceptor&quo... (52 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Thank You. The threaded part is good to know. Much like unscrewing the jar of jam for my...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (141 Posts)
    • Dear Diary: It's me again.. still here.. it's been 26Weeks.. :unsure:...[image]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 28
  • Yesterday Answer: 72