Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Staff Design

New Staff Design 3 months 3 weeks ago #73429

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
Wow Squidious! Love your take on the juggernaut staff, It looks great in black and the crystal chamber works really well. I gotta say the dagger end of the pike is probably my favorite touch, really creative use of the pommel end. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Staff Design 3 months 3 weeks ago #73472

• Darth Squidious
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
I really like it too, especially with the vented 07 emitter. A full blade on both ends would make something in the realm of 8-9 feet long...not exactly good for close quarters (I've already broken one light fixture around here).

Btw. I went with a Veridium in the pommel and Crimson in the Jugg, the two different sounds make an awesome effect when you spin the thing. Don't know what your plan is for sound so I'm throwing that out there.
If there is only one hot chick in the galaxy... And she's your sister.

You might be a redneck.

New Staff Design 3 months 3 weeks ago #73473

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
I love playing around with the number 7 emitter in the builder but this is honestly the best use of it I've seen. Oh I have a 32 inch blade in the juggernaut end and a 26 in the stinger and at almost 7 feet it's long for me :lol:

I was gonna do crimson on both but I'll have to play around with that idea cause that sounds awesome.

P.S. I refinished the blade retention screws with that rub in buff stuff and it is everything that it says, the finish came out awesome can't even tell that it was scratched ever. Totally recommend it. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

New Staff Design 3 months 2 weeks ago #73549

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
Rub n Buff is pretty cool it took a few coats to get as even a coat as I wanted but the difference is impressive.

Before:

After:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Squidious

New Staff Design 3 months 2 weeks ago #73582

• Darth Squidious
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Do light coats and allow to dry between. I've noticed that you run into issues with heavy coats, you end up rubbing the stuff off as you work.
If there is only one hot chick in the galaxy... And she's your sister.

You might be a redneck.

New Staff Design 3 months 2 weeks ago #73593

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
Yeah as usual slow and steady is the way to go. But I'm definitely happy with the final product and it's a lot simpler than a spray can

New Staff Design 3 months 2 weeks ago #73750

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
So I'm on spring break so I've taken the opportunity to begin wiring stuff and by the time I'm done installing the soundboard will be as easy as plugging it in. So far I've wired the battery into its sled, wired the speaker, and recharge ports. Tomorrow I'm gonna do the switch and I am waiting on some thermal grease so i can do the LED unit. It's coming together!

New Staff Design 3 months 1 week ago #73845

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
Doing some star wiring

Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by SadiraOrphesu.

New Staff Design - LET THERE BE LIGHT 3 months 1 week ago #73862

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
So I made a female to female connector to go from the power connector of the recharge port to the led connector and now the recharge ports acts as a switch for a pretty awesome stunt staff. The deep red LEDs are unbelievable, the color is exactly everything that i wanted to be, the red is perfect and super color accurate. One of my switches got damaged so I am gonna have to replace it but when I get the sound boards and that switch these babies will be complete!

Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by SadiraOrphesu.

New Staff Design 1 month 3 weeks ago #75327

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
It's time for my final post on this thread, I've finally ordered the final pieces to this magnificent puzzle. Special blade plugs on their way, and the final electronics are too. Unfortunately I have to focus on moving my house and self these next few weeks so it'll probably be early June when I get to it. I'm so excited to share the final product with you guys, see you then. :lol: :lol:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (7 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you, but this was done right, all I've ever seen before we're just too big,...
    • Wasn't a fan of that style of hilt before, but the finish on that one is fantastic! I'll have to add...
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5281
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5