Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Monarch.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67704

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
The Monarch is an awesome hilt and I really don't know if I can put into words my love for it. I ordered 6/2 and received it 9/14 and it was money and time well spent. This thing is gorgeous. The contrast of the flawless Graflex-esque shroud with the weathering is perfection. As always the Crimson soundboard is magnificent-loud and crisp with a slight crackle to imply the dark side influence. I was expecting this hilt to be uncomfortable but it turned out to be not as bad as I had feared. And as of yet I have not found a sharp edge-not even on the control box. The corners seem to have been slightly rounded. I requested brass cover tech and blade plug finishes and was not disappointed. And then there's that 12W+ Deep Red. Wow. Love it. In a dark room it'll make your walls look like they're dripping blood. My name may be Greysider, but this beauty has made my fall to the dark side complete. But since this is a "review" I must also mention the negatives of my Monarch-the cover tech knob was loose upon receipt. Big deal. 10/10.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Greysider.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67705

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
More pics.

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67706

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
12W+ Deep Red with SF red day blade

12W+ Deep Red with SF V4 blade

Tried to get pic of slightly rounded control box corners

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67708

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
:woohoo:

Congratz on a successful buy! The Monarch in my opinion is the best Starkiller inspired saber out there.

Love the photos. 11/10!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67718

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
Execute66 wrote:
:woohoo:

Congratz on a successful buy! The Monarch in my opinion is the best Starkiller inspired saber out there.

I agree Execute66. It's awesome. I can't put it down. :)

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67723

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Nice to see (finally) delivery of your Monarch Greysider! :lol: You've always been known to be a solid Member of the Emerald Knights and your Green sticks of light. Embracing a different side? :P Never tire from seeing a Monarch in its glory and works really well with the Deep Red too. C'mon over to the Darkside. It's always toasty. :)

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67727

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Awesome saber for sure! Good to hear you only had the one tiny problem of the covertech knob - had been hearing horror stories about the grips coming off or crystal being broken, so great to see that there's only a small chance of that happening.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67758

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Nice to see (finally) delivery of your Monarch Greysider! :lol: You've always been known to be a solid Member of the Emerald Knights and your Green sticks of light. Embracing a different side? :P Never tire from seeing a Monarch in its glory and works really well with the Deep Red too. C'mon over to the Darkside. It's always toasty. :)

Thanks OvrcAHst. The dark side influence is definitely strong with this hilt. I believe I will achieve balance once I get my Exile back from Mr. Moll. Need to get my green saber back so I can once again represent the EK.

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67759

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Awesome saber for sure! Good to hear you only had the one tiny problem of the covertech knob - had been hearing horror stories about the grips coming off or crystal being broken, so great to see that there's only a small chance of that happening.

Thanks CrimsonJax88. Yeah I was relieved myself when I realized that was the only issue with my Monarch. I had seen a couple of other reviews that didn't go so well. I can honestly say SF has sent me nothing but awesome products to date. :)

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67762

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Greysider wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:

Thanks CrimsonJax88. Yeah I was relieved myself when I realized that was the only issue with my Monarch. I had seen a couple of other reviews that didn't go so well. I can honestly say SF has sent me nothing but awesome products to date. :)
Great to hear! I really like how balanced this forum is when it comes to talking about SF; everybody just does their best to stay objective and give a well-rounded review of the items, with both praise and points of improvement being mentioned - unlike other parts of the internet where even the slightest of mistakes condemns SF to a swindler company.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67766

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
Thanks OvrcAHst. The dark side influence is definitely strong with this hilt. I believe I will achieve balance once I get my Exile back from Mr. Moll.
:woohoo: What Gorgeous'ising Treatment are you having done?
Need to get my green saber back so I can once again represent the EK.
So I guess there's a 'Be Back Soon' Sign hanging on your Representative Door for now. It wouldn't be quite the same even if I lent you my V3 Exile rocking a Lime Green as a temporary surrogate. :P

Monarch V2 Champion 12W Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67776

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Greysider wrote:
Thanks OvrcAHst. The dark side influence is definitely strong with this hilt. I believe I will achieve balance once I get my Exile back from Mr. Moll.
:woohoo: What Gorgeous'ising Treatment are you having done?
Need to get my green saber back so I can once again represent the EK.
So I guess there's a 'Be Back Soon' Sign hanging on your Representative Door for now. It wouldn't be quite the same even if I lent you my V3 Exile rocking a Lime Green as a temporary surrogate. :P

Nothing fancy. Just upgrading the electronics a bit(NBv3, high bass speaker, upgraded wiring). Can't wait to get it back! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67888

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I freakin' love this saber. Still my favorite in my collection. Congrats, Greysider! I hope you really enjoy it. I agree it is not as uncomfortable as it looks. I did remove the rails and that made it more comfortable. Either way, just an incredibly sweet saber! :woohoo:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 3 weeks ago #67948

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
HotRod wrote:
I freakin' love this saber. Still my favorite in my collection. Congrats, Greysider! I hope you really enjoy it. I agree it is not as uncomfortable as it looks. I did remove the rails and that made it more comfortable. Either way, just an incredibly sweet saber! :woohoo:
Thanks HotRod. I freakin' love it as well. I only have four sabers in my "collection" so far but this one is tops. So glad I finally bought one. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 2 weeks ago #68079

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
320 views in a week? Wow. There must really be some Monarch fans out there. Cool. B) :)

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 2 weeks ago #68081

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
320 views in a week? Wow. There must really be some Monarch fans out there. Cool. B) :)
:lol: There are a minority (or maybe more than there is known) of crazies out there (yeah.. I refer to myself :blush: ) that are fascinated to the degree with wanting 2, 3 and even 4 of the awesome Starkiller Saber, with or without a Crystal Chamber. :P Paired with your chosen Deep Red certainly bumps the view count too. ;)

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 2 weeks ago #68134

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I'm definitely one of those crazies. I have more than one of these I like them so much! My ONLY wish is that the ring at the emitter was not simulated so you could see light shining above and below it at the emitter like a normal graflex. It is, however, one less part to break though. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 2 weeks ago #68154

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
My ONLY wish is that the ring at the emitter was not simulated so you could see light shining above and below it at the emitter like a normal graflex. It is, however, one less part to break though. :-)
:lol: Thunk-it, tried-it, drilled-it, somewhat achieved-it, shared-it. Remains unbroken and as strong as it was... for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 8 months 2 weeks ago #68250

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
Got a Graflex blade plug from KR Sabers. Unfortunately I ordered it too short and had to add .5" of V4 blade to get the length I desired(2.5"). :P I wanted the brass pin to stick out a little.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Monarch V2 Champion 12W+ Deep Red 4 months 6 days ago #72866

• Blade
  • Thank you received: 25
Stunning lightsaber! Great review. Looking forward to getting one soon. Deciding on color.
Best looking crystal saber out there!!
Enjoy!!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Trades (3 Posts)
    • I get that, like I just figure to say something cuz I wouldn't mind it but most people wanna build...
    • Custom Saber Build: Self (3 Posts)
    • Yes, I am trying to go through and fix these images now. One way or another, my posts will be fixed...
    • Custom Saber Build: Self (3 Posts)
    • Looks cool in the model viewer (as well as the other two you posted). If all of those dead links...
    • hitoren? (42 Posts)
    • Haven't gotten mine yet, though they just sent out another Kickstarter update the other day....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (746 Posts)
    • I just ordered an Initiate tier Acolyte hilt from the Etsy shop. It will be interesting to see how...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5273
  • Latest Member: JessyJeare
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4699
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 10