Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12w+

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18931

• Cghinds
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm interested in getting more info on the 12w+ LED's. Will a Neutrino Board run them? What is the main difference other than they are brigter?
The topic has been locked.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18933

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
No. Neutrino can't even run 12w.

If you read the FAQ, or any of the other topics on this (of which there are several), the 12W+ is a tighter cluster of LED die which result in a more focused beam of light down the blade. Far more even illumination and reduced base flare, while being slightly more energy efficient.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18947

• Cghinds
So the 12w LED modules Ive been using in the neutrino build will mess the board up or the LED?

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18949

• Cghinds
If that is the case I need to change the sound card out to a newer card that will run them with out damage to either piece.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18950

• ThylacineWings
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm actually glad this was posted. I'd read the FAQs but honestly a lot of the information kind of slid out of my brainmeats.

Scored a used saber and I was going to drop in a 12w system until this thread nudged my brain enough to realize that's not possible with the current board.

I am slightly disappointed but at least I'm not needlessly out the cost of parts!
Flammability warnings are a challenge rather than a deterrent.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18956

• Cghinds
Ya it has me thinking that I may need to be looking for a 12w board. I thought it was ok since the neutrino board was lighting the 12 modules that I bought off the etsy site.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18963

• Knytiri
  • Banned
It'll run them but not to their full potential. You're also running the risk of burning the board up, as they're not meant to push that much power to the LED, so it begins to draw too much... poof! Burned board. :(

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18968

• ThylacineWings
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm still a total newbie and life's a bit crazy. Sometimes it's a good thing when other newbies ask the questions you don't think to. :D
Flammability warnings are a challenge rather than a deterrent.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18969

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
And that is why I finally decided to just buy one that someone who knew what they were doing had wired up, rather than trying to do this crap myself.

I do not have a good history of keeping the magic smoke contained. :cheer:
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18970

• Knytiri
  • Banned
True. The first question was a new one, hadn't seen that one asked before. The second one, I was just pointing out had been answered before. In a few places, lol. It's no biggee. Just a little reminder that sometimes instead of having to post and wait for someone to respond, the information is already there if you look through a couple things. :)

From what I've learned and understand about the Neutrino is that it's a very solid little board, very simple, and stable, but it's older tech. And with all things that are older tech, it has some limitations because of that. One being that it just doesn't have the power draw and push that newer boards do. Even newer boards like the NBv2 (Nano Biscotte, for newbies) requires the use of a PEX (power extender) to fully power a SF 12W LED without risking damage to the board itself. So, there's natural drawbacks.

I imagine if you're getting it to work, you have yourself a pretty hardy little board, and you've been lucky that the LED hasn't drawn too much to fry the board yet. It's a risk everytime you turn it on, but if it's working for ya.... well. I'm impressed, lol.

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #18976

• Cghinds
I don't want to damage anything. So I am going to start looking for a newer board. I installed the original LED module since it is a quick disconnect. You have frightened me away from using 12W modules now. :( Maybe its time for a new build. I want an epoch,

12w+ 10 months 1 week ago #19087

• Cghinds
Is it possible to purchase the sound board that SF uses and install it myself? I see on the etsy site the option for the "upgrade only" but not the board.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (3 Posts)
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 72