Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Thoughts on Consular saber

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21837

• Immortal Android
  • Own:Hasbro luke ep. 4 and 6 Disciple 12w blue Want: Dissident Vengeance Mauler Silver Knight Archon
  • Thank you received: 3
One of the blade designs i am going to get will be the Consular, but im not sure what finish to get it in, im going with a blue/green led so i think the standard would make more sense as a jedi hilt, but i really like the look of the weathering on it. any thoughts or experience with this hilt? Thanks :side:
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

User 1991
The topic has been locked.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21838

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
It has a reputation for being an excellent shoto/one handed/kids hilt due to it's comfort and relatively short hilt length. I hear it's also a good spinner. It's also one of those sabers that look good in a standard or weathered finish. The review section for it is well populated with a number of different builds so you can see what I'm talking about. I have one on order right now in indigo.
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by h2soy.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21839

• Immortal Android
  • Own:Hasbro luke ep. 4 and 6 Disciple 12w blue Want: Dissident Vengeance Mauler Silver Knight Archon
Awesome, thanks for the info. Make a post when it arrives

User 1991

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21842

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
Greetings IA. Just got my Consular today w32"blade. this lenght is good for balance. Finish is up to you. Maybe inquire about grey weathering. Yes, grey check out review section etsy limited release. search for grey Archon . Also pics of a Gladius hilt somewhere. Anyway possible third option to chew on. Check with Justin This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to see if it is offered on apprentice hilts. The Consular is small, but it does have a great feel. Or even some powder-coating accents. will take more time and money but maybe worth it to put your own style to a popular factory hilt. Check out my pics of Consular w/Cyan 12w+ led. Good luck.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21843

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I had a weathered one with blood orange and it looked fantastic - I suspect that green or a deep blue would also look good with that finish. It's very, very comfortable to use one handed and it's great for spinning or fencing style work.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21845

• Immortal Android
How does it feel with a standard blade? im 6'4" so the smaller blades look funny without a regular saber in my other hand.

User 1991

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21847

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
I'm 6' tall and I don't know how the 37" blade feels but the 32" is the right balance for this hilt.
Doesn't have a stumpy look with the 32" blade.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21877

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I used a 37" with mine a few times - it's not bad but it does get a bit blade heavy, especially if you're doing parries or lunges. I would say that given your size it's probably a good fit, though, and you'll just need to keep that in mind.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21881

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
I believe you can make any size blade work with any saber. It is just a matter of arm strength/endurance, and balance. Obviously, the smaller designs balance better with the shorter blades, but there are no hard and fast rules about what you can use. It all comes down to personal preference, and the aforementioned strength/endurance.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21883

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
The Consular has always been one of my favourites in the Apprentice line up since its release as far as my opinion goes.

For a more sword and balance reference.

The average katana has roughly a 12" handle and a 30" blade.
With the 32" blade i find the balance point is roughly 1-2" past the emitter and on to the blade pending hilt design.
Then with roughly 2" of the blade going into the emitter to be secured, you end up with a 30" blade. Just like a katana… well in blade length anyways. The tang of the katana runs nearly the entire length down inside the handle.

Pic added for a cool reference. One of these things is not like the other…

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21913

• PunsofDamage
  • Thank you received: 11
Of all of the apprentice sabers, the Arbiter is probably my favorite as it was my first but each of them is a wonderful

But after trying them all out... I don't know if any are better than the other:

Consular is super easy to use, the lightest and shortest of the four- it works with a 32" great but if you ever try it with a 27" you might be like me and never go back.

Consular grip:
One handed is very comfortable just below the windowed emitter, spins well and swings fast
Two-handed is great with the covertech knob off a bit tight otherwise

Blade length:
32 is a bit blade heavy but swings very well and spins great
27 is perfect balance with the hilt and my favorite
37 is very blade heavy BUT works just fine

Balance:
the hilt balances more to the battery pack than any other apprentice hilt (Arbiter is more to the emitter and the Acolyte/Disciple are balanced in the center)

Since you don't hold it by the windows don't worry about them being sharp.

Overall: I'm super sad that I have to sell mine :( because it works SUPER well for dueling.

Sorry for the long post!
"In a world world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big."

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21970

• galade120
  • Thank you received: 6
I LOVE my consular! The balance with the 32" is perfect imo. I use mine for spins and small throws on a practically daily basis. I have a standard finish warrior btw.
:cheer:
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

Want: custom disciple, archon, bane, exalted
User 425

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21971

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi all. Would someone please share in inches how deep the blade fits into the emitter. Also can the Consular fit QD ? Thanks.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21972

• galade120
The blade sits 2 inches into the emmiter and yes qds are possible.
:cheer:
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

User 425

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21988

• Immortal Android
Thanks for all the replies, really helpful. the only question i have left for the apprentice hilts is, what happens if i drop it? or any saber? I want to carry my saber on my belt, but the last time i did, i dropped it on brick and fudged up the emitter.

User 1991

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21990

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Well my advice would be and I quote. . . "Try not to drop it, that weapon is your life!" LOL

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21993

• galade120
Nothing SHOULD happen to it but I still wouldn't drop it if I were you. I just recently got to the point where I'm confident enough to throw mine and even then I'm still super careful. :)

User 425

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21996

• Immortal Android
As far as cosmetic damage? this is aluminum, i dropped a thin graflex clone. has anyone seen what happens to a thin neck?

User 1991

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #22000

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
As far as cosmetic damage, this could be useful (pictures of a gladius which apparently was dropped on asphalt.

As far as thin-necks go, I don't really think anything terrible would happen, but I don't know about the metal thickness in the thin-necks.

Best advice: try not to drop it :)

EDIT: Also, most of the sharp edges in that gladius could probably be sanded smooth and would be very hard to notice.
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Dark Jedi Zero.

Thoughts on Consular saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #22016

• Immortal Android
Ok, so just dont drop it. I will protect it from gravity with my life :side:

User 1991
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72