Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SaberForge Questions

SaberForge Questions 2 years 2 days ago #1468

• Starkiller
  • The Force Will Be With You......Always
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello everyone (apologies if this thread is in the wrong place) I'm looking to place my first order with SaberForge.

I've got a few hilts in mind to choose for my first Saber but I'm looking for some extra info on them before I contemplate which hilt to choose.

Epoch
Redeemer
The Prodigal Son
Venom
Monarch

Above are the hilts I'm considering (not all at once though haha) , anyway how are the "Thin Necked" hilts for duelling ? And the crystal Monarch ? Is it recommended to duel with crystal sabers or are they better on display as opposed to duelling ?

Thank you for any answers given : )
"A Lightsaber Is A Part Of Who You Are Without It Your Incomplete"

Last Edit: 2 years 2 days ago by Starkiller.
The topic has been locked.

SaberForge Questions 2 years 2 days ago #1471

• Silabus
  • I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side. Walk your own path.
  • Thank you received: 23
Hey Starkiller, welcome to SF, and I expect you'll be happy with your saber, regardless of which one you end up with =)

While I am not overly familiar with thin neck sabers, I do currently own a Epoch I have enjoyed and trying to sell. Take in mind thoug, the epoch is a bit pointy above the ignition button, but that may just be me. The Epoch, Venom, and Monarch I know are all fantastic and solid sabers They can really take a beating, and are easy to spin and duel with.They have an excellent weight to them all, and feel like they fit safely in your hands while you take them out for a... spin. hah. I'm not familiar with the think necked sabers, or crystal chamber, so I'll let someone else answer about them when they get the chance.

SaberForge Questions 2 years 2 days ago #1473

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Hi Starkiller! I like to think of myself as this forum's resident thin neck guru, I have all three thin neck sabers and I'm a HUGE fan of SaberForge's thin neck design. All three of the thin neck sabers (Redeemer, Prodigal Son, and Exhalted) are built for full speed, full contact dueling, just like every other Elite saber. I have dueled with all three of my thin necks, and they all hold up extremely well in heavy dueling. I haven't had any issues (as a note, the Crystal Reveal versions of the Redeemer, Prodigal Son, and Exhalted are NOT warrantied for dueling and should not be dueled with).

One thing to consider is that the activation box on the Redeemer and Prodigal Son can get in the way depending on your style of dueling. If you're going to do a lot of spins and twirls, it can be difficult with the activation box. That's why I personally love the Exhalted, it's my go to dueling saber. It retains the beautiful design aesthetic of the thin neck, while having a clean body with an excellent grip and no activation box. Furthermore, if you're set on either the Redeemer or Prodigal Son hilt, you can always order them without the activation box! The holes for the activation box are predrilled into the body of the hilt, but you can always cover those up with two 8-32 button head screws.

If you're interested in seeing a stress test of the thin neck saber, you can check out my youtube review here. The durability test begins around 3:30. I use my Redeemer and smash the blade several times onto a metal chair in my garage :)

Regarding dueling with other crystal sabers like the Monarch, here's what Phil Isherwood the owner of SaberForge said just earlier today on a Facebook group comment:

"You can duel with the gladiator, descent, and monarch, those are warrantied for blade on blade full contact dueling. The spring loaded reveals are highly detailed with a lot of moving parts and should never be dueled with."

Hope all of this helps! Like Silabus said, even if you get the ugliest and most basic hilt SaberForge offers, you'll be extremely pleased and satisfied with your purchase :) Good luck making a choice! They're all so gorgeous!
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

SaberForge Questions 2 years 2 days ago #1481

• Starkiller
Thanks for all the input and answers guys and for the video DarthMario your video was a great!!! Help seeing as I'm going to be doing a lot of dueling so that's great to know : )

My Saber choice is going to be the prodigal son in either purple or green can't wait to get my hands on it : D

Last Edit: 2 years 2 days ago by Starkiller.

SaberForge Questions 2 years 2 days ago #1488

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
I HIGHLY recommend getting the prodigal son in green. I originally wanted to get my first redeemer in yellow, because I really wanted a yellow saber and the Obi RotS was my favorite hilt, so I thought it would be perfect to put them together...but I had this nagging feeling and at the last minute I emailed SaberForge and had him switch to a medium blue to match the movie. And I'm so glad I did that.

The prodigal son is such a gorgeous RotJ Luke replica, it just makes sense to me to get a screen accurate blade to go along with the gorgeous hilt. But at the end of the day it's totally up to you. Just my two cents :)

SaberForge Questions 2 years 2 days ago #1489

• Starkiller
I was going to go for blue initially since the early posters and trailers for revenge/return of the jedi featured Luke with another blue lightsaber so I thought I may pay a little homage to it :)

But since my future redeemer Lightsaber is going to be blue I changed to to purple instead however I am rather indecisive and green has crept into my selection choices I may save a little extra and go for a hero edition with both green and purple : )

Decisions decisions : P

SaberForge Questions 2 years 1 day ago #1490

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Ah, yeah several people have gotten a weathered Prodigal Son in blue as an homage to the original posters.

If you're going to do a hero saber, I highly recommend getting two colors that will look really nice together when combined in 12W. I don't think green and purple will create a very bright or flattering color.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JediDShack

SaberForge Questions 2 years 1 day ago #1495

• Starkiller
Good call probably won't make the greatest of colours will it Ah well I've got plenty of time to decide im gonna place my order around January time as to avoid the Christmas post gives me some more time to save some cash as well I can buy 2 then : )

The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthMario95

SaberForge Questions 2 years 21 hours ago #1512

• Starkiller
One thing I forgot to ask is does the prodigal son come with a D-ring or covertec wheel ? : )

SaberForge Questions 2 years 20 hours ago #1513

• GreenLightning
  • Thank you received: 13
You can choose ether a tri ring or a covertec knob when you order your ps. It's a bit extra money, but worth it.
All ways in black or white. Why not grey

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1530

• Starkiller
Thanks GreenLightning : )

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the weathered edition prodigal son ?

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1533

• DarthDfresh
  • Thank you received: 6
Check out saberforge on EtSy. I think he has a few weathered versions on there. Hope that helps.

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1537

• Starkiller
checked out etsy all I could find is the regular edition

I looked on Google images an found the image below is that how it looks more or less ?

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1538

• GreenLightning
That looks about right B)

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1546

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Keep in mind that weathered sabers will always look a little different due to the fact that SaberForge weathers each one individually by hand. I've seen sabers that are just baaaaaaaarely weathered with most of it black and only a little scratched away to reveal the aluminum underneath, ranging to weathered sabers that have just specks of black here and there and most of it silver.

I believe you can always make a request as to how weathered you want it. They cover the saber in black and then rub away at it. The more weathered it is, the more black will be rubbed away, and the more silver will be showing underneath. So for example on the Prodigal Son that is pictured, the grenade section is lightly weathered while the emitter is more heavily weathered.

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1552

• Starkiller
Thanks for the replies Guys perhaps I can email that photo to whoever will be making the Saber as a reference as that weathering looks awesome : )

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1554

• GreenLightning
It might cost a bit more, but if you wanted the hilt black or maybe like a powder coat color you can always ask sales before you buy and if it's a go you just put it in the comments once you do purchase!

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1555

• DarthDfresh
  • Thank you received: 6
Yeah , I just ordered a Exhalted HERO and asked to have the entire hilt "blacked out" except the brass parts left alone, shiny and new. Little twist to an already awesome looking hilt, just wanted one of a kind feel to it. I wrote to SF via email about it , they said it shouldn't be a problem. So they seem just as interested in making sure your hilt is exactly what you want
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthMario95

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1558

• Starkiller
That's good to know : )

SaberForge Questions 1 year 11 months ago #1565

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
It's actually cheaper for them to black it out rather than weather it, because the first step of weathering is blacking it out :) So you're saving them an extra step by just asking for it black. Lol.

Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP "Deep Ocean"... (3 Posts)
    • Looks like a beauty. Craving some better photos though. We live for the photos. :P
    • My Lotus arrived as well (6 Posts)
    • Can't go wrong with a Black Lotus. Beautiful saber and awesome colors. Love that green wrap with the...
    • My Lotus arrived as well (6 Posts)
    • Quote: [image][image] Great to finally see some pics of your Black Lotus. I see it too is appropriately attired to your...
    • Solo's Hold Ahsoka Shien ... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: How long was your wait after you paid Customs? I know a thousand factors will come into play. Cannot...
    • Solo's Hold Ahsoka Shien ... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: Yup. I had originally requested it to be nickel plated, but went with this option. Polish + Clear...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4491
  • Latest Member: SkyGuy327
  • Total Posts: 49.8k
  • Total Topics: 3781
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 26