Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Weathered or Standard Consular Staff?

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9121

• Tyler
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm about to order two Consulars, one warrior and one champion, both 12w yellow. I'm quite fond of the weathered consulars and acolytes but i'm more partial to the yellow blade on the standard. I was just wondering how some of you felt about the weathering and which you would prefer.

Sabers:
-Prodigal Son (Champ 12w Green)
-Consular Staff (12w Yellow {Ordering Soon})
-Sorcerer Staff (12w Deep Blue During Standard-Release)
The topic has been locked.

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9123

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
I prefer the weathered personally, i got mine (both of them) with Amber LED and the weathered suits it really well. To me, the darker weathering suits a warmer colour like the orange or yellow. But thats my personal opinion :)
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9129

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 722
I don't dislike weathering, but I am more of a fan of either the standard finish, or completely reversing it, and making what was polished aluminum anodized black, and vice versa. Predominantly black with just a hint of silver, but like everyone else says on these kinds of posts, that's just my preference. I could not presume to suggest to you how to do yours.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9132

• Boba Scott
  • Thank you received: 1
IMHO I feel exactly as Brax stated. There are a few models that the weathering does look awesome, but just not something I would picture hanging from my belt.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9143

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I have a weathered Consular and love it - but I think it depends on the blade color you want, too. Blood orange and weathering was a perfect combo for me, but if I was going with a lighter shade, particularly in green or the arctic blues, a standard finish would fit that a lot better.

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9151

• Tyler
  • Thank you received: 7
I think I'm gonna go with weathered blood orange. Daniel from SF posted a picture of his two together on instagram a while ago and they look perfect as a staff, thanks for everyones opinions and feedback!
Sabers:
-Prodigal Son (Champ 12w Green)
-Consular Staff (12w Yellow {Ordering Soon})
-Sorcerer Staff (12w Deep Blue During Standard-Release)

Weathered or Standard Consular Staff? 1 year 3 months ago #9155

• Cyran Azor
  • Kill the boy and let the man be born
  • Thank you received: 11
Until today I had no idea that there is an option for grey weathering. And to be honest I think I like it more than the normal weathered finish. I think that would look great with the 12w yellow!
~The force shall set me free~
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• recharge port vs warrior ... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: Ok so I orderd a reliant initiate for a build that I am paying someone to do and requested no glue...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (35 Posts)
    • Ok so I orderd a reliant initiate for a build that I am paying someone to do and requested no glue...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • Looks really good, shiny sabers are always a nice sight. On another note, I really hope this isnt...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 88