Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber?

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 1 year 3 weeks ago #14539

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
I purchased my first saber over a decade ago - a Parks Saber. (Fun Fact) I brought this saber to the midnight premiere of ROTS in 2005 and received a standing ovation when I ignited it! B) There was a proud moment for my wife (girlfriend at the time) (Fun Fact 2) It's been 10 years since ROTS!! :woohoo: where has the time gone?!

Ok so, when dealing with technology we all know that time = progression. Both sound and Blades have come a long way in a decades time... It may not be at all possible but I was wondering the following ( forgive my ignorance I know very little about sabersmithing):

1. This saber was purchased without sound. Is it possible for Saber Forge to add a sound board without compromising the original structure of the hilt... too bad?

2. The original blade is thin but durable. The tip is more like a rubber/plastic cap. I was never a fan of this blade. Is it possible for Saber Forge to install a V4 infinity?

*Note: I do not duel with this Saber

So basically I'm looking for an internal overhaul - is that possible?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!

Hmm. photos didn't attach... working on it.

"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Lord Callous.
The topic has been locked.

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 1 year 3 weeks ago #14541

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I'm not very familiar with parks sabers hardware, so this might be question better asked to SF directly, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ...

But. Soundboard install will depend on a few factors. Does the saber currently use an in-hilt LED or is if a led string blade? Is the blade removeable? What's the width of the blade if it is? If it's an in hilt LED, with a 1in removeable blade, all you need to do is purchase a v4 and it'll go in just fine. If it's not either of those more conversion work will need to be done first...

SF may be able to just take the saber and put champion tier electronics in it, I'm not sure how much that would cost you, but it might also not be compatible due to different sizes and the like.. best to shoot them an email and find that out directly. And keep us up to date with the progress if they can! If SF is unable I would suggest hitting up the custom sabers owners group on facebook and seeing if there is an independent smith willing to tackle the task for you. :)

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 1 year 3 weeks ago #14545

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Well I'm not quite sure why the pix aren't attaching... I was hoping for the visual assist.

Anyway - Thanks, I will reach out to SF directly. But to answer some of your questions:

- It is a string LED blade
- The blade is removable
- I believe the width is 1/2 inch... roughly half the diameter of my FX saber blades.

Yeah that's what I was hoping for. If they can do a Champion install that would be awesome.

If they can do it I will certainly keep the boards informed! Thanks for the feedback.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 1 year 3 weeks ago #14584

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Knytiri wrote:
I'm not very familiar with parks sabers hardware, so this might be question better asked to SF directly, at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ...

But. Soundboard install will depend on a few factors. Does the saber currently use an in-hilt LED or is if a led string blade? Is the blade removeable? What's the width of the blade if it is? If it's an in hilt LED, with a 1in removeable blade, all you need to do is purchase a v4 and it'll go in just fine. If it's not either of those more conversion work will need to be done first...

SF may be able to just take the saber and put champion tier electronics in it, I'm not sure how much that would cost you, but it might also not be compatible due to different sizes and the like.. best to shoot them an email and find that out directly. And keep us up to date with the progress if they can! If SF is unable I would suggest hitting up the custom sabers owners group on facebook and seeing if there is an independent smith willing to tackle the task for you. :)

Finally got those pics to post!

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 1 year 3 weeks ago #14585

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 760
That blade reminds me of the way they are portrayed in Star Wars: Rebels. It has kind of a Ralph McQuarrie vibe to it.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 1 year 3 weeks ago #14586

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Brax wrote:
That blade reminds me of the way they are portrayed in Star Wars: Rebels. It has kind of a Ralph McQuarrie vibe to it.

Certainly see your point. Never thought of that.

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 11 months 3 weeks ago #16338

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
That's a nice colour you have there mate!

Any idea what it would translate to in the current SF colour choices? #askingformygirlfriend

I do see your point of you not duelling with it too! The blade does not seem too resistant, I wouldn't try it.

I'm counting on only buying "combat ready" (I think SF calls them "Warrior") lightsabers, just in case I want to duel with them one day ;)
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Faethien.

Can Saber Forge over Haul my Parks Saber? 9 months 2 weeks ago #21120

• bigBear
depending on the internal build I don't see an issue adding a sound board. keep in mind battery use of sound
and possibly upgrading the battery. next question is the pommel vented for a speaker? this would add to work needed as solid pommels are usually rather thick. blade issue might have to bore the emitter larger (if possible) to hold the more durable larger blade.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • The adapter and chassis are separate parts. The adapter is for the blade socket section and the...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • Quote: The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (6 Posts)
    • I suspect that Vader's hilt will be as in high demand this holiday season as the graflex was this...
    • Where to buy Timing Shims... (31 Posts)
    • It seems that the shims are availible as a pack on www.shopsaberparts.com for $14.99 I kinda wish...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 62
  • Yesterday Answer: 85