Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Dead saber

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #17948

• DesertZaku
  • Thank you received: 1
so, i wasn't sure where else to post this, but here it goes, the Reliant i just got second hand is currently incapacitated, had a sparring accident tonight and now when i pull the kill key nothing happens! I'm not sure what to do! any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #17949

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
As per forum rules...
3. Don't post vendor inquires in the forum, any questions about warranty coverage or claims, lead time, ect, should be emailed to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Basically, if you have no idea what to do to even begin to diagnose what's going on, email SF. :)

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #17950

• DesertZaku
fair enough, thanks! i figured since it wasn't bought "new" that i'd see if it was something i could maybe fix myself, i'll send them an email

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #17951

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Maybe, if you know how to do saber repairs. If you're not well versed/have no experience in it, I would highly suggest at least contacting them first. They'll be able to at least help determine what may be wrong with you, and give you a clear idea of where to go from there.

Sorry about the saber, btw. Happens, but it sucks when it does :(

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #17952

• DesertZaku
Thankfully it's not the only saber i've got right now, so it's not too much of a broken heart, but it is my favorite, but i'm sure it'll work out, thanks for the help Knytiri!

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #18138

• DesertZaku
My buddy and I got a chance to take it apart, it looks like some of the previous solder work on it was pretty crappy, it seems on impact during sparring the wires connecting to the recharge port broke, when we removed the LED quick connect you could see loose cables inside the unit.

This is now going to become our first real solder project, tonight all the cables are gunna be replaced and re-soldered, anyone happen to have a diagram of soldering layouts?

Dead saber 10 months 2 weeks ago #18158

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
I'd contact Darth Mario about the soldering layout. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that he has one... XD
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Rogue One Trailer (7 Posts)
    • I'm watching the ABC feature; not sure there is a new trailer; they just showed the video that's...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (120 Posts)
    • Well my wait began and ended and began again. 2 of my 3 sabers had issues and I talked to CS and so...
    • DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 42