Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Prodigal Son - Weathered Version

Prodigal Son - Weathered Version 8 months 4 days ago #22881

• JediBeerBoy
  • Thank you received: 2

I know the website and etsy doesn't show the weathered version of the Prodigal son which is why I am posting it here. There are some differences apparently for which finish you choose.

The detail on the side of the Power Box doesn't exist.
There is no copper weathered color on the thin neck or on the power box housing.

I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for the Prodigal Son but in a weathered version. Just wanted to let other people know in case they were expecting the same thing. I know the last one is not the same saber but there is a weathered "copper" on the Exhauted.

Last Edit: 8 months 6 minutes ago by JediBeerBoy.
The topic has been locked.

Weathered Version 8 months 3 days ago #22882

• Drej
  • Thank you received: 7
That's odd they wouldn't put the buttons or the green and red arrows on the side of the switch...
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."

Weathered Version 8 months 3 days ago #22884

• yeek
  • Thank you received: 4
Maybe they forgot to add them...

Weathered Version 8 months 3 days ago #22934

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Can't turn the box on a lathe to do weathering effects, but it should have the arrows on the side... that's an oops from the new shipping QC guy. Send me an email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) and we'll get that tended to for you.

Weathered Version 8 months 3 days ago #22962

• JediBeerBoy
KNYTIRI - I have already submitted a email a few days go, I think it was the same day I made this post. I understand that you can't do weathering affects on the lathe for the power box and I might have been unclear about what was missing on my saber I received. I will attach another photo to hopefully help on the original post.
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by JediBeerBoy.

Weathered Version 7 months 4 weeks ago #23211

• JediBeerBoy
Apparently, and this was news to me as well, but that is standard, they come blank like that on the weathered finish. I though they still had the detail on them, but apparently I was mistaken by this. I checked with both our production manager and three different members of the team, and all confirmed that this is the case.

Sorry about that.

May the Forge be with you!

Joshua S..

So its official that differences in sabers was on purpose, see the quote above from CSR rep Josh. I am sad that Saberforge did not state anything about different sabers depending on finish on their shop or etsy site.

That being said check before you buy. I love my saber regardless and Saberforge was on top of it with all my questions. Can't wait for my next one!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• recharge port vs warrior ... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: Ok so I orderd a reliant initiate for a build that I am paying someone to do and requested no glue...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (35 Posts)
    • Ok so I orderd a reliant initiate for a build that I am paying someone to do and requested no glue...
    • Custom Fury (8 Posts)
    • Looks really good, shiny sabers are always a nice sight. On another note, I really hope this isnt...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 88