Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Examples of Acid Weathering?

Examples of Acid Weathering? 5 months 5 days ago #73414

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 79
Was wondering whether or not anybody has yet tried out the custom finishes that SaberForge offers - more precisely the acid weathering option - and might have any photos to show how it looks?

With the Flash sale hitting us today, I really want to get in on it and right now I'm torn a bit.
Unfortunately the Thin Neck Adapter 02 still isn't back in stock, so my ASP design will have to wait before I can finish that (on that note btw, has anybody else noticed that the TNA 02 doesn't even show up anymore on the main site? It used to at t least say 'out of stock', but now I can't even find it anymore on the site).

Both the Archon and the Fallen have been on my wish-list for a while, but of the two, the Archon is my most wanted. The only issue is that I really want a customized one; polished and clear coated with gold accents to give it that extra regal look (that and a special soundfont and pommel 07 as OvrcAHst knows :P ).
As such, the Archon would need a commission from either customs or a sabersmith and right now my funds aren't quite there to pay for the entire endeavour.

As expected, my eyes are set on the Fallen; I already own a weathered Indigo Reborn, so naturally I would love to get the 'other' Revan saber, a Blood Orange Fallen.
Now I think the dual tone with the brass accent on the neck fits better than a weathered look, but I do feel that a Sith Lord like Revan should have some battle damage.

Long story short; my question is whether or not Acid Weathering gives a battle damages/weathered look, without the hilt losing the brass accent on the neck and the dual tone look?

If it doesn't, then I'll go for the Fallen and complete my Revan set, but if it does affect the look of the hilt in a way that doesn't suit me (that's why I'm asking for photos), I might rather keep my eye fixed on the Archon and for instance order an empty hilt that's polished and clear coated ($75,- is still a good discount after all ;)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me :cheer:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Examples of Acid Weathering? 5 months 5 days ago #73416

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 286
For the Fallen,

I would recommend more a shattered weathering with some scarring as well.

The acid bath would give it a look that wouldn't quite be right for a Revan saber IMO.

I have a Fallen I built that is shattered and scarred (I have a build thread on here), and I am working on another one right now that has similar weathering.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Boston Comic Con (15 Posts)
    • Some astromechs [attachment] Meet Master Luke and his newest Padawan [attachment] And a Dark Jedi...
    • Boston Comic Con (15 Posts)
    • Escaped the cell block thru the garbage shut. [attachment] Kidnapped an imperial officer that...
    • blade size (1 Posts)
    • I like the look of the Acolyte shoto. With a 32 inch blade, dose anyone know if it's off balance...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5467
  • Latest Member: UnipokerKew
  • Total Posts: 57.6k
  • Total Topics: 4810
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 26