Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: 12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23435

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Alright, this is it! My first saber! Its official, I'm officially one of you!

First off, I'd like to thank Justin Polachek for this work of art, so Justin if you're out there: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

The inspiration I got for the customizations came from ANOTHER custom Phoenix review that is somewhere around the forum. I think THAT Phoenix belongs to Jordan Moll, so dude, sorry if I copied you. BTW they are SIMILAR not the same.
I ordered this saber from the custom shop and I got it in a week, count myself lucky.
The phoenix has always been on my "have-to-have" list since it came out, so I picked one up before they ran out, which they did. I think I have 96 out of 100.
I love the concept for this saber: awhole buncg of other saber designs clustered into one; the Ka'tano as the base of the entire saber, the emitter of the consular, grip section of the silver knight, the piece right above the pommel looks like is belongs to the redeemer, and the pommel of the black lotus. Whoever thought of this desgn, Kudos to you. Because this design is a mash up of ideas and parts, I dubb my phoenix: the Chimera.
When I ordered it, I knew I wanted a FEW things done to it:
1. High silver polished finish on the shroud. The silver powdered coating had to go, in my opinion, the powder coating silver makes the saber look toyish, kinda like something Hasbro or MR will do. (no offense to SF, that's just my opinion sorry if it sucks)
2. Custom milled and dual toned pommel. the original pommel looked plain or lacking of something, maybe more flare.
3. Brass covertech knob and kill key, makes it look sexy.
4. By the looks of it, I think its also chrome plated, I don't know.
There weren't any sharp edges and this design is easy to wield. Many people were saying that the knob at the top digs into their hands making it hard for a two-handed grip. I have no idea what they're talking about, I can effortlessly grip the saber in that grip and it feels super comfortable; I did some spins with it and NOPE no discomfort. I would actually say this is a good dueler. IM GUESSING that it depends on your hand size, my hands aren't that big. I'm 18 so I have an adult figure so far. Also, this saber is great for a backhanded grip, just like starkiller or Ahsoka.
Another thing people were saying is the emitter moves around when you put a blade in, again, no idea what they're talking about, my emitter is pretty snug with shroud. I think that happened to them because they were using the knob at the top as a retention screw, guys: thats not a retention screw, it binds the shroud to emitter. But I'm starting to think THAT specific problem happened to earlier Phoenix's because I think SF heard us out and fixed that bit, who knows?
Anyway, I got it in a 12w+ Cyan LED, and its a HELLA bright. Damn, its awesome.

Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by greyjediDude.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro2044

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23436

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 274
No pics?

That was my custom Phoenix you referred to actually :). I recently sold it Jordan as he kept hounding me for how beautiful it was and how much he wanted it. He loved all my ideas for it and what I had Justin do so he kept poking me asking if I'd sell or if I ever thought to sell it to go to him first.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23437

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
I'tm trying to figure out the pics. Its not letting me insert pictures. Ugh, I think they're too big. I have to individually post pic by pic

Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23438

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Pics often have size constraints. I usually reduce the size prior to attaching them which helps.

Looks good tho! Cyan is still a fave of mine so far.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23439

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member

Its pretty annoying, this is unnecessarily frustrating

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23440

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Now,
if I may recommend. You should order a Photon blade from Vaders Vault. You can keep the Cyan led in it and just by a change of the blade you can go from the cyan to a crazy green which will be even brighter than the cyan if you can believe that!
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by NeBosa.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23442

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
NeBosa wrote:
Now,
if I may recommend. You should order a Photon blade from Vaders Vault. You can keep the Cyan led in it and just by a change of the blade you can go from the cyan to a crazy green which will be even brighter than the cyan if you can believe that!
Sounds awesome, but bro I'm freaking broke, especially after this, I'm 18 senior still in High school, three weeks of work was put into this saber.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23444

• Dav Yeager
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 50
That looks great I want red for my next saber but my 3rd will be cyan for sure
The light shall burn away the darkness
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Dav Yeager. Reason: I can't spell

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23446

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 204
Congratz! Beautiful saber. This is making me wait in pain for mine. I ordered the same customization as Jordan Moll's too, except with blue illuminated silver switch (Jordan Moll's is a black switch).
"I am the Senate"

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23453

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 449
Seem that saber should come standard with that finish.! Wonder why it doesn't.?

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23455

• Darth Malik
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
That is a beautiful saber, I'm jealous!

Also, just a tip guys, if you want to upload higher resolution pictures, just upload them all to imgur and post the link to the album here. Then we can see these awesome sabers in all their high resolution glory :)

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23473

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 179
Damn fine saber there. Enjoy.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23480

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 344
Seem that saber should come standard with that finish.! Wonder why it doesn't.?
Anodization (the silvery finish) forms a protective coating over the aluminum so frequently you'll see hilts w/a great deal of aluminum "body" showing SF will use the anodized coating. Also, evidently, their fabricator discontinued some sort of service so some hilts which used to have a standard finish (Guardian, Silver Knight) now have an anodized finish. The particulars about that are in one of the threads on the forum buuuuuuut I don't feel like chasing it down. ~(˘▾˘~)

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23482

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Darth Malik wrote:
That is a beautiful saber, I'm jealous!

Also, just a tip guys, if you want to upload higher resolution pictures, just upload them all to imgur and post the link to the album here. Then we can see these awesome sabers in all their high resolution glory :)
Thanks, will do that eventually because the pictures are actually higher quality than this.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23483

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Oh?
The SK also?
I believe the thread was part of my custom guardian. I mentioned the nugget of helpful info regarding the shroud on the new Guardians which was my main reason for searching out a slightly older one and it turned into a minor discussion on that gallery.
Last Edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by NeBosa.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23485

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 344
The SK also?
Yup. That's one of the reasons I ended up using the custom shop for my SK. Getting a 220 grit finish done.

At some point in the future I want to send my Phoenix back to get it shined up just like yours greyjediDude. I'm torn whether or not to get the pommel done the same way or leave it alone so it can be a sister for my Ka'Tano. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23488

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Regarding the pommel.
I'd suggest to at least get it milled down if not dual tone. It's WAY better. It's pretty much the pommel for the Black Lotus.

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23489

• JebidiahJee
  • Premium Member
  • Yub nub, eee chop yub nub.
  • Thank you received: 8
NeBosa wrote:
Regarding the pommel.
I'd suggest to at least get it milled down if not dual tone.

Totally agree. I'd leave it silver, the dual tone is too much for me, personally.
Hello, World
Everyday I'm Saberin', Saberin'

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 8 months 2 weeks ago #23635

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
I think I made a mistake while making this review and put it in the open topics category. Can someone help out and move this thing to the Phoenix review section?

12w+ Cyan custom Phoenix aka Chimera 7 months 4 weeks ago #24896

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Can someone help me figure out how to move my review from Open topics to Reviews, y'know where it belongs? I seem to not be able to figure it out.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • The adapter and chassis are separate parts. The adapter is for the blade socket section and the...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • Quote: The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (6 Posts)
    • I suspect that Vader's hilt will be as in high demand this holiday season as the graflex was this...
    • Where to buy Timing Shims... (30 Posts)
    • It seems that the shims are availible as a pack on www.shopsaberparts.com for $14.99 I kinda wish...
    • Master Replica Force FX C... (16 Posts)
    • The Crees usually win out, mainly because the individual diodes are larger/brighter and are designed...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 61
  • Yesterday Answer: 85