Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saberforge New Apprentice Additions

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 3 weeks ago #73928

• Yo-sh
I'm liking the renegade. Kind of looks like a comfortable dueling graflex. Nicely done!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 3 weeks ago #73958

• Dewstroyer
  • Thank you received: 1
Definitely an Aeon for me! I've always liked the look of the Epoch... time to dual wield!
Green Consular Black Finish

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 3 weeks ago #74024

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 213
THEY'RE HERE! :woohoo:

https://saberforge.com/collections/new-releases

Edit: Just ordered an empty standard finish Aeon!
Yay for the Reward Points basically giving me 50% off. :silly:
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 3 weeks ago #74088

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
Black Prodigy on order for me to tailor the weathering to my own taste. Seems I'll have to paint the bunny ears first though.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 3 weeks ago #74098

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
YOHOHOHOHOHO, look at those pretty sabers I'll never have the money for!

But seriously, I actually have money now. Perhaps one might come home to me...finally. :dry:

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 2 weeks ago #74161

• justanartist
  • Thank you received: 9
N00b Questions

1. I know that most (all?) Apprentice sabers say they are not ASP compatible, but I'm certain I've seen alternate pommels on some Apprentice saber photos. Can you use ASP pommels on Apprentice sabers?

2. SF lets you tell them if you don't want glued switches and/or threading on empty (Initiate) Apprentice hilts. I can understand not gluing switches, but would keeping separate pieces unglued help with an install? Can Apprentice sabers be installed "easily" if they're already threaded and glued?
I have a bad feeling about this.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 2 weeks ago #74165

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 213
justanartist wrote:
1. I know that most (all?) Apprentice sabers say they are not ASP compatible, but I'm certain I've seen alternate pommels on some Apprentice saber photos. Can you use ASP pommels on Apprentice sabers?

Yes, and no. The threads are compatible, however, the size of some ASP pommels may end up too wide, as one of my earlier posts today demonstrated with the ASP Couplers. Some of the narrower pommels, such as Venom or Gladius may fit well, but I don't know for sure since I haven't tried. Most other pommels with the design area wider than the threads will be wider than the Apprentice body section that it's going on to.

justanartist wrote:
2. SF lets you tell them if you don't want glued switches and/or threading on empty (Initiate) Apprentice hilts. I can understand not gluing switches, but would keeping separate pieces unglued help with an install? Can Apprentice sabers be installed "easily" if they're already threaded and glued?

There are no threaded sections on an Apprentice hilt except for the pommel, and that is never glued (for obvious reasons). The Apprentice hilts are all a one-piece body + pommel. Likely that bit is just copy+pasted onto all of the Initiate pages. The only thing that would be un-glued on an Apprentice hilt would be the switch covers.

Since I don't do my own wiring I can't tell you how easy or hard it is compared to hilts that come apart, but I can't imagine it's that much more difficult since there's plenty of people that install them without complaint.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
The following user(s) said Thank You: justanartist

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 2 weeks ago #74171

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 259
The thin neck apprentice sabers have emitter crowns that unscrew, so those can be requested unscrewed as well.

From an install perspective, the apprentice sabers all require some level of Cram-Fu. The thin necks are the hardest to install on due to the limited space inside. They are a little tougher than an ASP saber. ASP sabers are nice and easy one you get them aligned, since all the main pieces unscrew.

That being said, I'm a big fan of the apprentice line sabers.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 2 weeks ago #74176

• justanartist
To KelbornX & Jas-Ot, thank you for your replies & info. Kelborn, you're comment about the couplers made me think to ask this question (especially the power coupling on the negative axis that has polarized and needs to be replaced). :P

I thought that might be the situation with the pommels; or at least I hoped so, just in case I like an ASP pommel better. I don't think I'd be too concerned if the pommel was a little wider than the hilt.

I've also read that the Apprentice sabers were all one piece. But some of these new additions (like the "shroud" on the Renegade) look more complex, so I wanted to check.

My obvious reason for asking is because I might have to buy a saber in steps, based on cash flow. Plus, there's a small part of me that thinks it would be fun to "assemble" the saber, despite my weak Cram-Fu, even if it's just putting together deans connectors and tightening retention screws.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 2 weeks ago #74177

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 259
FYI - some of the apprentice hilts are short on space to the point that you will find it near impossible to do deans connectors.

So you will likely need to hard wire everything.

My advice would be to go with either a pico crumble or Nano Biscotte for your first build. Unlit switch, and LEDs not on the red spectrum ( so you won't need resistors), Tri-cree for the LED star. Or really simple would be a single XP-E2 1up star.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 2 months 2 weeks ago #74179

• justanartist
:blink: Doh! That's not exactly in my wheelhouse; at least I've never tried that. I didn't realize some of the Apprentice hilts were quite that slim. Hmmm... great to know. I guess I'll need to save a bit more $$.

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 1 month 3 weeks ago #74979

• Neesh Kedoo
  • Thank you received: 14
justanartist wrote:

I didn't noticed the glued dummy switches issue till I received the empty hilts with glued switches...
And of course I want to install the electronics.
Is there any simple way to unglue it without damaging the hilt?

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 1 month 3 weeks ago #74980

• Neesh Kedoo
  • Thank you received: 14
Just found the post explaining it
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/saber-hilt-diy/1886-how-to-remove-the-switch-hole-covers

Sorry guys

Saberforge New Apprentice Additions 1 month 2 weeks ago #75079

• Prowl
  • Thank you received: 43
Ordered a weathered Talon, it's going to make a great Sith hilt.

Loving the look of the Prodigy as well.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Best adhesive for switch ... (5 Posts)
    • E6000 is quite easy to scrap off metal, a bit harder on some plastics. I also use either that or...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1084 Posts)
    • I feel like Bossk would approve of that one! And dayum is Takamatsu's custume LEGIT. With some...
    • PS-Luke V2 WIP (20 Posts)
    • Will be later in the summer but anxious to start Brax's PS V2 conversion and my SH V2. Might end up...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5238
  • Latest Member: Shirleyhor
  • Total Posts: 56k
  • Total Topics: 4670
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 16
  • Yesterday Answer: 7