Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Couplers & Bastion

Couplers & Bastion 2 months 2 days ago #85296

• Projekt
Looking to make a double bladed Bastion. Have a couple questions if y’all don’t mind:

Do I need to specify that I plan to make it double bladed so SF doesn’t glue the pommels in?

Should I order both Bastions with sound? Or just one? Will both cause it to sound “muddy”?

Do all the couplers allow sound to travel freely? It appears some have no “vents” so it seems they’ll muffle the sound. I would like to get 2 or 4 but there’s no venting.

I’ve noticed the Bastions are about 10 inches. That’s 20 without the coupler. What’s the “average” length of a saber staff? I plan to opt for the 26 in blades. So there’s already 72 inches without a coupler.

Thank you in advance!!!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by Projekt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Couplers & Bastion 2 months 2 days ago #85297

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 511
Pommels are never glued. Being an Apprentice hilt, the only things that will come glued on the Bastion are dummy switch covers if you order it empty (Initiate).

Sound on both for sure. I don't have any actual staff builds yet, but I do have a coupler that I play around with from time to time... lol.

The ASP couplers (1, 2, 3, 4) are not vented or really meant for staff setups. They're meant for spacing parts and hilt extensions, etc... though people have cut out the slots in Coupler 4 as DIY to vent sound.

The actual "staff couplers" (long, short, very short) are what you want, especially for an Apprentice hilt. The ASP couplers are the size of the Elite hilts and will be too wide for the Bastion body and give a noticeable (and annoying) lip/edge between the two parts.

Overall length is largely personal preference, but consider that a bo staff is about 71 inches on average.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Projekt

Couplers & Bastion 2 months 2 days ago #85298

• Projekt
Awesome. Exactly what I needed. Thank you man!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering: Why It's Not ... (36 Posts)
    • I like the idea of starting clean with a lightsaber and having it weather over time through use...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Just IMAGINE the possibility of a curved saberstaff. No, I would wait for the next sales and the...
    • Saber Selfies (300 Posts)
    • That’s the blood orange I ordered And the first time I had seen it with a blade.
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (29 Posts)
    • I ordered an Exhalted few weeks ago and find myself logging in every day to check. I was keen to...
    • To order or not to order,... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm waiting for the new builder with the new parts before compiling an ASP lightsaber. I have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6796
  • Latest Member: JustinHiree
  • Total Posts: 67.8k
  • Total Topics: 5730
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 50
  • Yesterday Answer: 112