Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Battlefront II Reveal

Battlefront II Reveal 1 month 3 weeks ago #74638

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 546

Since it wouldn't let me start the video at a specific point, might as well put this in the game category.

Now is it just me, or did they put some sort of windows on Maul's saber at around 1:36?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Battlefront II Reveal 1 month 3 weeks ago #74639

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 798
Hi Borommakot,

Yeah I think because the video has a Parental Warning "sticker" that might override the specific start time feature.

Nice share otherwise, fantastic looking graphics, thanks man!

kind regards,

For Tyeth

P.S. I couldn't see any windows sorry! Just Yoda's saber skidding across the floor.

Battlefront II Reveal 1 month 3 weeks ago #74640

• Darth Ceadus
  • Thank you received: 15
I couldn't see any windows, but if there were any they probably just cut out the black parts vertical windows on the emitter.

Also, what do y'all think about it? I'm excited for the Battle of Endor and whatever Clone Wars shenanigans isn't in the Battlefront 2 game released back in 2005.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Star Wars: Aftermath 1 month 3 weeks ago #74642

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 546
I liked what they showed and what they've said so far.
  • *I think the return to a class based system is a smart move.
  • *There's talk (from the producers) that there won't be a season pass this time.
  • *They seem to be revisiting favorite locations.
  • *The AotC Jedi starfighter was teased as playable.
  • *The B1 droid on the website looks fantastic.
  • *The campaign story sounds phenomenal. The Imperial perspective, the introduction of Inferno Squad, canonizing that Imperial corvette (Raider?), and I've always had a soft spot for those mini-probe droids, so I hope that features significantly.

There are some potential cons:
  • *People are still talking about ground-to-space battles, and I don't think that will happen. It looks to me like they've pretty firmly separated ground and space. Not something I personally was adamant about, because I don't think it's very believable.
  • *They've already announced pre-order bonuses, and they aren't just cosmetic.
  • *Ground battles are still 40 player. Again, not something that bothered me in the original.

They're advertising the offline splitscreen on the site, which hopefully means it's more substantial than the chewed up bone they threw in the first one. It's even implied that you can earn multiplayer upgrades through offline play.

Looking forward to hearing more about it, for sure.
Last Edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Borommakot.

Battlefront II Reveal 1 month 3 weeks ago #74651

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 70
Single player looks amazing and as long as there is a more thorough offline experience (aka Skirmish with more modes, or at the very least all the maps in the game available in Supremacy/Blast) I'll be happy.
I would love to see ground-to-space battles just for realism and the reintroduction of the Galactic Conquest mode, but I'm not holding my breath.

That being said... Right now I'm wary about buying it, seeing as it's only been 1,5 year since BF1 (2 once this one comes out) and it feels that if they haven't added that much to the original BF experience - at least... whatever they have added now (besides the Single Player campaign which is first to be seen how long it will be) seems to be stuff that I feel they could've added with more DLC/patches, but that they just didn't feel like doing it.
Of course, seeing more eras from Star Wars - including the new movies - and releasing it around the time of Episode VIII seems like a smart idea for maximum profit, but I do hope that they will at least have learned from all the mistakes of 1 and will use 2 as a base to build on, instead of making a few improvements, only to make a BF3 in another 1,5-2 years.
That to me would feel that it would become too much like other franchises where every year a new one is released, but it doesn't make any difference for the gameplay.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Need help (2 Posts)
    • Are you sure it's not Yellow? Amber is 4x Amber LEDs, no green in them. SF Yellow is 3 Amber, 1...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (8 Posts)
    • OK, I'll play. 1. TFA Graflex 2. Ep. II Anakin 3. Mace Windu 4. Monarch (Hero since I constantly...
    • Themed Sabers (803 Posts)
    • Hi Everybody, Just a quick post to Bump this thread up before it disappears. I was wondering if...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Looking back, I would probably buy the parts I wanted as soon as they were available because the...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (8 Posts)
    • In a random order: 1. Mace Windu ep.1 2. Maul's staff 3. Corran Horn (Genesis) 4. My ASP - already...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5194
  • Latest Member: Shadowdragon
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4637
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 23