Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Jade Fire.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69587

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Crystal Reveal Jade Fire 12Watt+ Deep Red

Mara Jade.

It’s a Crystal Saber.
A recent(ish) Purchase i.e. delivery receipt from several Months ago, this was Ordered as a V2 that fell a little short aesthetically so it was benched until a decision could be determined with how to customise it further through personal appeal that also became a secondary measure to correct the anomaly.

As V2 Finishes go (weathered), it remains accepted that the Hilt is anodised black before it undergoes a partial stripping process. The anomalies that were strikingly evident and detracted from the appearance was a mixture of stripped blue shades with stripped black shades that presented too stark a contrast. The fascination with a greeblie-heavy design around the emitter also proved to be a little challenging to accommodate the intended complete stripping of the weathering. Once the shortened sectional T-grips were successfully removed it provided an unobstructed surface to begin that results in the completed finish that is seen now, faint handled weathering with a rubbed polished finish.

A pleasantly petite Hilt that handles magnificently and in hand, holds like Apprentice Sabers. Grip high, grip mid or grip low, equally as comfortable and yes even with the greeblies around the emitter. Unlike my recent writeups (SK, SP & Archon) where I was expecting something smaller but got something bigger, with Jade, I was expecting something bigger that turned out much smaller but better for it.

Through association by recognition, this Saber sees a Purple blade and whilst it’s an appreciated colour true to the character it is influenced from, I had a different imagining.

The Emperors Hand.

Similarities in design as a static Crystal chamber like Princess, Monarch, Gladiator to name some, positioned low on the switch section maximises on visual effectiveness without removing from handling comfort. Two oval milled cut-outs provide dual peep-through of a large quartz crystal encased within two brass support rods.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Deep Red| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font

Hilt Length: 260mm (10.2362 inches)
Blade Socket Depth: 55mm (2.1654 inches)
Emitter Length (to choke): 57mm (2.2441 inches)
Switch Length: 97mm (3.8189 inches)
Grip Length: 106mm (4.1732 inches)

Emitter Diameter (with greeblies): 49.27mm (1.9398 inches)
Emitter Diameter (w/out greeblies): 34.67mm (1.3649 inches)
Switch Diameter: 31.57mm (1.2429 inches)
Body Diameter: 37.60mm (1.4803 inches)

Weight: 453 grams

The four sides focused on the Emitter.
Painted some greeblies red to compliment the colour of the Deep Red blade I opted for. After successfully softening and loosening the glue that secured the larger thumbscrew and T-grips, edge softening and sanding was carried out to optimise handling comfort. The T-grips were treated to a dual toned finish and whilst removing it as one piece was easy enough, clipping it back on after cleaning the surface wasn’t the case. It was dissected into 3 parts and reglued.

A single blade retention sockethead thumbscrew on far right closest to emitter and the two remaining serve as aesthetic value only.
The pencil sharpener-looking faux switch box serves nice aesthetic value and remains comfortable after the edges were smoothed over. With handling preference though, it remains removed leaving the curved housing plate only.

Three buttonhead screws surround the upper switch part. One primarily secures the curved housing plate (with switch box) but also, in addition to the other two, act as the LED retention screws.

The black Red-lit Av switch (black by default as it was originally ordered as a V2) sits centred to the greeblies with the charge port/kill key positioned 90 degrees on the left.

This is pictured on a full battery charge.
The marvellous Crystal Chamber. The Deep Red blade remains uncompromised and what I agree with is from certain angles and lighting conditions, the Deep Red isn’t accurately mirrored in the Crystal when lit rather demonstrates being red and sometimes orange. Maybe it’s supposed to be like this, maybe it’s not, how it remains is liked and very acceptable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69588

• OvrcAHst

Twenty-four buttonhead screws adorn the grip section spanning two groups of 12. The weathering was mostly removed but hints of it were intentionally left behind for desired effect. Could have meticulously removed all 24 buttonheads but chose not to with adding to the now dual toned finish, accenting with the vertically recessed lines.

All the accessories: screws, plates and box are easily removed. As a sucker for shine throughs, the two milled windows revealing the crystal chamber weren’t enough so a vertical incision was also made bridging the two tapped holes.

When screws are removed, it boasts a teasing of light bleed and since the threads were left intact, when screws are tightened, the shine through effect is still evident only more subtle.

With a VV Purple Day blade, SF Infinity V4, SF Red Day, VV Red Day & a SM Red Day.

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69589

• OvrcAHst

Jade is a spectacular Saber, with or without the Crystal.
To hold position amongst the ranks of other Crystals in my Collection, I obviously went With. On the smaller side of Hilts both in length and diameter, handles remarkably and its appearance does not falter. Have always been fascinated with the emitter and as an assembled package, solid.

Lady Skywalker.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69592

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 501
Nice conversion, I particularly like the button screws on the body where you can see good hints of the previous weathering. It seems you have converted your preference of late quite significantly to high shiny. :woohoo:
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69597

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1062
Man, you even make a Jade Fire look appealing to me! That says something, because believe me when I say that it is far from my favorite model.

Great job!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69600

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 55
You beat me to it. I I thought I was going to be the first jade fire review but I got stuck in rma limbo for a bit. Now I'm waiting to get it back from jm.

Looks great. Love the shine thru on the emmitter.

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69603

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Hadn't really given the Jade Fire any thought, but your reviews always seem to bring out the best in these sabers.
Especially lying next to the Prodigal Son (is that a springloaded Crystal Reveal?) it fits right in and seems like they should be companion pieces (just like their owners, still hoping Mara Jade gets a canon appearance in the future).
Awesome hilt, but man - I know I've said it before but; you sure you're not George Lucas in disguise using his 4 billion to move to Australia and just spend it all on Lightsabers :lol: :whistle:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Last Edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by CrimsonJax88.

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 4 weeks ago #69615

• OvrcAHst
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments.

Execute66 wrote:
Nice conversion, I particularly like the button screws on the body where you can see good hints of the previous weathering. It seems you have converted your preference of late quite significantly to high shiny. :woohoo:
Granted I lean preference to dirty/weathered hilts but I've never dismissed the appreciation to shiny ones. However yes, of late, returning success with achieving a hands-on shine has proven to be more rewarding than the random effects of a default V2 from factory. Standard DT with the brushed Silver is too flat for me and I'll still lean to a V2 (where applicable) for the difference in contrast of the accents only to just sand the primary sections off and clean it, catering to my appeal. With others still to be shared am kinda off the fence with wrapped hilts too now. ;)

Brax wrote:
Man, you even make a Jade Fire look appealing to me! That says something, because believe me when I say that it is far from my favorite model.
Great job!
Favourite models can be many and what wasn't once may well become a must under different visual circumstances. :P

Burns3558 wrote:
You beat me to it. I I thought I was going to be the first jade fire review but I got stuck in rma limbo for a bit. Now I'm waiting to get it back from jm.
Looks great. Love the shine thru on the emmitter.
Thank you. As it happened with our recent Badaxx inclusions I guess it only be right to return the gesture of Welcome to the Family. :lol: Looking forward to seeing what Moll'd treatment you'll have done to yours.

CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Hadn't really given the Jade Fire any thought, but your reviews always seem to bring out the best in these sabers.
Especially lying next to the Prodigal Son (is that a springloaded Crystal Reveal?) it fits right in and seems like they should be companion pieces (just like their owners, still hoping Mara Jade gets a canon appearance in the future).
Awesome hilt, but man - I know I've said it before but; you sure you're not George Lucas in disguise using his 4 billion to move to Australia and just spend it all on Lightsabers :lol: :whistle:
Reckless expenditure, Guilty! The last image features the CR V2 PS (you're correct, the springloaded crystal-type) however the one previous-to is a MKVI-e. B)

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 3 weeks ago #69663

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 297
Very nice JF OvrcAHst! I'm not a JF man per se, but this one is quite nice. Your hilts always make me go and re-visit hilts that previously did not appeal to me. Well done sir! :)
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

CR Jade Fire SF|Story..... Pt III 6 months 3 weeks ago #69706

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
Very nice JF OvrcAHst! I'm not a JF man per se, but this one is quite nice. Your hilts always make me go and re-visit hilts that previously did not appeal to me. Well done sir! :)
Thanks Greysider. :) Brace yourself for some more revisiting of some overlooked and notso overlooked Hilts. ;)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (10 Posts)
    • This was the one character I really didn't want to see a "prequel" for. Han Solo is iconic as played...
    • Dang, that sucks. I wonder if this development is going to delay the film. The 1 Star Wars movie a...
    • In further developments, Joe Johnston, and Ron Howard are being touted as the front runners to take...
    • Nolaan's ASP 12w+ Lime Gr... (10 Posts)
    • Hi Nolaan, CJ88 ^^ described it perfectly! I was trying to think of a way to say what he did. Your...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5250
  • Latest Member: RobertJog
  • Total Posts: 56k
  • Total Topics: 4681
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 22