Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Guardian.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Guardian Green Warrior Edition

12W Guardian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #45356

• Aidzer0
  • Thank you received: 16
Hello Fellow Saber Fans, I have finally received my saber from SaberForge and i cannot put it down, Everything about it is brilliant.

I have a question though. I would like to find out whether the glue by the emitter can be broken so that i can install the latching to momentary board in. Further down the line a Nano Biscotte.

I have tried with brute force (Hands only, no tools), heating it up then brute force and neither worked, would I need some sort of thinner?

Thank you.
Adrian.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #45397

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Aidzer0
Well done on your Warrior Guardian. As it goes, Pictures man! or it didn't happen. Technically you haven't reviewed anything other than mentioning that you got it. Perhaps you will have more success if you Post a Topic in Saber DIY.
Am actually curious how you heated the area since you didn't use any tools.
When you do get a chance to put it down share the glory of your new Warrior for all to see.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #45928

• Aidzer0
OvrcAhst,

I shall do so as soon as I am home.

Sorry that was a different thing I did with heating it, I used a heat gun, and it worked, I left the Saber for a day, applied a bit of force and voila, it cracked the glue and i got it.

Thank for the reply.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #45967

• Aidzer0
Hello again, so i have been playing around with the saber, I have found that the silver cover is a little sharp on the edges, which didnt prove too difficult to sort out, I Used a very fine piece of sandpaper to sand it down.

It has been absolute fun tinkering with the saber, I have Dismantled it completely and rewired all the insides(there was NOTHING wrong with the wiring to begin with, I added a latching to momentary PCB board therefore needed to rewire everything.)

Here is the stock Saber with the momentary switch(Which is plastic and glued in place, very easy to change out if need be):

Then the Pictures of the momentary installed + the PCB

Hope this helps someone with further purchases of this BEAUTIFUL saber, Inbox me if anyone has any question regarding the saber.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Adan Valera, ajeekenobi

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #45985

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Hi,
Would you mind taking some more pics of it from different angles?
Thanks

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46038

• OvrcAHst
Aidzer0
Nice work. Great to read you got the situation sorted out. When you indicated about applying heat without any tools, was imagining you rubbing it between your palms in a twisting motion liking to trying to start a fire. Green for the Guardian, an obvious choice. This colour choice resulting from whatever reasoning you have is supported by many. Lots of Green Appreciators surfacing lately.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46040

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Nice job with the saber--the momentary switch is definitely an improvement! Is the latching board secured in any way, or is it light enough that you're not really worried about it?

OvrcAHst wrote:
Green for the Guardian, an obvious choice. This colour choice resulting from whatever reasoning you have is supported by many. Lots of Green Appreciators surfacing lately.
Oh, now you've done it--For Tyeth is going to show up in this thread, for certain!
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46370

• Aidzer0
Vyk, The Board is literally held by the wires. But i have "looped" it to get held by the switch:

Then As requested NeBosa:

I also made a a wooden stand for it for the time being, can hold the saber with or without the blade, cloned it form the katana stand behind:

The following user(s) said Thank You: NeBosa, OvrcAHst, ajeekenobi

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46371

• Aidzer0
OvrcAHst, HAHA, well i wanted a replica of the Qui Gon Jinn lightsaber, it has to be green, gonna be getting a red neural button when i install a NBv3 into the saber. also forgot to mention I made a stand for the saber, I cloned the katana stand in the back:

I also think that the blade plug is AWESOME and the light coming through makes an awesome pattern on the wall:

The following user(s) said Thank You: ajeekenobi

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46425

• OvrcAHst
Aidzer0
Very comprehensive amendments to your Review, Great work! There's just something so calming about a green-lit room and quite magical. I see your Katana there. Well placed and positioned with mutual occupancy. You should check out NeBosa and Master Dain (s) respective collections.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46495

• Aidzer0
OvrcAHst,
In all honesty I have seen so many reviews aboutique sabers and I just feel that there isn't enough information about the product itself, every review I have seen has all the build quality and the feel of a saber, but none cover the features and the happiness of how one felt getting the saber. I just wanted to cover an aspect that has to been covered.

Although it is impossible to tell someone how amazing it is to hold, I showed all my mates the saber and as soon as they touch it and hold it, they would light up like a kid on Christmas day.

I have checked some ofriends his posts and they are so awesome, especially the blade plugs he uses.

Thank you.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46496

• OvrcAHst
Aidzer0
I don't disagree with you. Sabers are many and increasingly so, are the Reviews that accompany them. It is really difficult to set that point of difference as there isn't an official guideline or template used and the content that is covered won't cater to absolutely everyone.
What specific features would you like to read about or see mentioned?

The point you make is valid and is extremely significant. The basic premise tends to be Text, Images or Video with the format changing dependant on the Poster.
But how do you capture that feeling and share the joy that is experienced?
I guess there is one simple rule. Lots of pictures to cater for those that appreciate your particular Saber but do not own it (yet) and remain hopeful they will.

The initial reaction of something magical is priceless and difficult to capture. Some come close with 'unboxing' videos as they record and show the Owners reaction as it happens of elation (or disappointment) as it happens in real-time. (or maybe it's scripted?)

The reference I made was directly associating your Katana. They're still Sabers (of sorts) and you can see Master Dain's Collection and NeBosa shares his collection (also impressive) within the same Thread as discussion exchanges. Thought this would be to your interest as fellow Forum Users have an alternate mutual and similar appreciation.

Wouldn't it be sensational if USPS Delivery staff wore 'GoPro's' or hidden cameras just for the purpose of capturing all that initial wonder and happiness as you accept your delivery? :lol:

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46499

• Aidzer0
OvrcAHst,

The main topics I would like highlighted in any review, the "features" or functionality of the item, I am a person that buys an item and has to take it apart and "make it better" in a sense, easier to use, like the little tab I added to the battery holder in my saber(rudimentary example).

I like to plan what i would do to the item before purchasing it, I have already drawn up schematics and wiring diagrams or the latching to momentary switch before I even ordered the saber. There for I would like things like internals, diameters and wiring of sabers in reviews so that I can plan ahead.
The point you make is valid and is extremely significant. The basic premise tends to be Text, Images or Video with the format changing dependant on the Poster.
But how do you capture that feeling and share the joy that is experienced?
I guess there is one simple rule. Lots of pictures to cater for those that appreciate your particular Saber but do not own it (yet) and remain hopeful they will.

I could not agree with you more. couldn't have said it better, the underlining fact is that one cannot capture true emotion through text or picture, with a video however accurate, still cannot display the true sentiment one has. One because(I don't know about other people but this applies to me) I did plan to record a video and post it of my reaction to getting the saber, BUT I was under so much pressure to not look like a fool and make a verbal mistake that it compromised the emotion and pure joy. That is why I posted a text\picture based review.
The reference I made was directly associating your Katana. They're still Sabers (of sorts) and you can see Master Dain's Collection and NeBosa shares his collection (also impressive) within the same Thread as discussion exchanges. Thought this would be to your interest as fellow Forum Users have an alternate mutual and similar appreciation.

Oh yes, you were right, I had a look and I need more!!
Wouldn't it be sensational if USPS Delivery staff wore 'GoPro's' or hidden cameras just for the purpose of capturing all that initial wonder and happiness as you accept your delivery? :lol:

Referring back to what i said about my thought of a video, this is a great idea, If I did not know there was a camera, I wouldn't have felt pressurized and true emotion and joy would have been captured.

Like I tell everyone who asks me "Why spend so much money on something you have as a display" or "Why waste money on something that is not real"

Well my answer is because I need a hobby to occupy myself, I am a huge Star Wars fan and I always will be, I have wanted a saber since I saw ANH which was when I was 6 years old. ALSO It is not just for display purposes, it is a prop for cosplay, and an instrument with which I don't have to worry about hurting myself with, and it looks awesome to twirl and hurl around. That is why.

To conclude my review, I have wanted one all my life basically and now that I have a saber, I want another one, I want to modify and build my one as well, There are several that I want from SF as well. This is not a toy, this is a hobby, a way of life, once you obtain your own, you will understand.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46545

• Vyk
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 24
Aidzer0 wrote:
Like I tell everyone who asks me "Why spend so much money on something you have as a display" or "Why waste money on something that is not real"
I had that mental battle with myself for literally years. How could I justify spending money, often hundreds of dollars, on something to pick up once in a while, spin a little, maybe spar a little with friends, but mostly just to sit on a shelf or hang on a wall for me to look at (and listen to)?

...and then I realized something. If you collect lightsabers, you get people asking why you spend money on "toys". If you collect swords (as I do, although it's been years since I bought any), people just go "oh, that's kind of geeky/eccentric," but accept it--not exactly as "normal", but as something some people do. But why? Swords just sit there. They don't light up or make sounds when you spin them. If you hit your friends with them, you rapidly cut down on your number of friends. :P The main reason to collect swords is to hang them on a wall or sit them on the shelf to look at, to appreciate their looks and the skill of the craftsmen who made them...

...and you do all the same things with sabers, plus you can actually do things with them. I can carry one in public (for Halloween, May the Fourth, or just because I'm a geek :) ) and not have a long chat with police. All in all, "toys" maybe, but collecting them actually makes more sense than collecting swords. And when I realized that, much of my long-standing reluctance to spend money on sabers melted away.

...much to my wife's dismay. ;)
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated will you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46546

• Aidzer0
Vyk,
I am totally using what you just mentioned, I could relate to most of that. And will bring carrying it around very often. I will most definitely buy much much more saber.

My fiancee likes knives and swords, persuading her to buy saber instead and she is warming up to the idea, she alreadyou wants the exhausted with purple 12w.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Aidzer0.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46605

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Nice pics Aidzer0! Congrats on your saber. Since you've had almost a full week with it, how is the weight of it? Is the NBV3 something you're going to attempt yourself? Let us know how it goes.
- Light em up

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46676

• Aidzer0
Andi-Jae EL, thank you, it is a very well balanced hilt with and without the blade in, if you want I can send you exact weight.
I will be installing NBv3 myself as soon as I get to the states. It is a little bit out of my price range at the moment. I will definitely post in the DIY section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46734

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
I had a Guardian once (I think my review is still here, somewhere). It's an amazing saber to duel with and to cosplay Qui-Gon. The only downside of the saber is how sharp the edges on the shrouds are. I would duel with gloves, and they would get trapped in the edges hahaha!

Awesome saber mate!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #46886

• Aidzer0
It is awesome, I have sanded the edges down and it is a pleasure to hold.

Thank you.

12W Gaurdian Green Warrior Edition 1 year 3 months ago #47054

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Absolutely love the guardian design. It looks stunning with that green!
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Swimmerres
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15