Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Guardian.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 6W Amber Guardian Champion Edition

6W Amber Guardian Champion Edition 1 year 1 week ago #60129

• Trevor266
Alright, so...first off the buying experience, it was estimated at a 6-8 week lead time, it ended up being 12 and took 15 weeks total once it hit the production queue, so that kinda sucked but oh well. The saber itself is mostly fine but there are a few pretty significant things I noticed...

First off, the activation switch when it arrived a few hours ago worked fine, it lit up nice and bright and all was well. I fell asleep and forgot to put the kill key in and so when I woke up the light was flickering; thinking maybe the thing was low on battery though doubtful because the main LED shined incredibly bright still, I charged it. It's been 2 hours of charging and the flicking and dimness is still just as bad as it was previously so I'm assuming it had faulty wiring; keep in mind I did not drop this, hit it against anything, or anything else that would have knocked something loose, I literally just did a few orbits and swung it around.

My second big complaint is the shroud, on the product page for the main website it says very clearly the following:

"The Guardian features a precision machined low profile grip, and a nickel plated shroud."

That's great, except for one problem...what I got was sort of this powdered metal shroud that looks more like the thing didn't get a finish at all and so it looks very cheap, granted I got a weathered hilt but it didn't say that weathered hilts get a different shroud and infact in the video on saberforges youtube it shows a weathered version with the nickel plated shroud; picture here:

You can also see that the activation switch isn't even illuminating in this photo, and yes the saber was on in the photo. All in all the experience wasn't very great...I love the saber, but I'm incredibly disappointed that after waiting double the time I was told initially I got a saber with wrong parts and a faulty activation switch, so now I'll have to send it in to get it fixed and who knows how long that will take. Overall satisfaction before the saber was messed up: 8/10, after: 4/10
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: link embed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6W Amber Guardian Champion Edition 1 year 1 week ago #60131

• Trevor266
I did send Saberforge a request for the correct shroud as well as it's something you can easily just pop on, so if they do send me that and charging the saber fixes the flickering, I would put the saber at an 8/10 easily, it's sound is great and the LED is brighter than expected so no complaints there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5270
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15