Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Guardian.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63785

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
A revisit into Story so.. who am I kidding, this story has metamorphosed into Story so friggin' Long. After seeing a variation with where this Hilt's Design concept was born, I debated long with whether to add to my Collection this variation of it. Well surprise-surprise or no surprise, the following images and text illustrates the obvious outcome. The original design saw a Red knurled button affixed atop the AV Switch. Communicative enquiries returned zero success so I decided to take a punt on the absent Red button version and opted for the illuminated segment Red AV Switch Version.

Crystal Reveal V1 Guardian 12Watt+ Green

This is not Qui Gon's LightSaber. However the design elements and influences derivative from it are remarkably similar. This is my LightSaber. Finish or LED Colour Options weren't available for this item so similar to Fallen, it was a take it as is and love it or hate it purchase. Convenient really, as the only preferential change I would have requested was SoundFont to equal Crimson. As a Standard Finished Hilt it is difficult to imagine it in any other Finish, however with seeing some Custom Powdercoated and Shattered weathering applied, it did raise some interest. Green is an obvious choice and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Besides, with SFs Day Blade range now available, colour manipulation is easily achievable but... more on that later.

This became a Purchase via Etsy so the selection process was easy as to was proceeding to Checkout. In recent Weeks, this has become a 2nd Purchase from Etsy and the Delivery Transition from over there to over here is relatively quick which only exemplifies the new QuickShip Model that has become their primary focus. Not without incidents but more on that later..

This is where things became interesting and I shall elaborate more as the writeup continues.

First obvious observation upon removal from its insulated layer of triple-wrapped Bubble Blanket was its slim and sleek design. Before ignition was even thought of the feel in hand wasn't what I was expecting. There were positive traits and notso positive traits. With closer inspection there were also some identifiers that didn't sit well with me. Everywhere, every surface was sharp. With describing it the best I can it had a razor like edge to all the straight-edged parts particularly heightened along all the grooves of the trademark shroud. The curved hooks on either side are actually quite dangerous, consistent to the Weapon known as a Lightsaber I suppose. Noted when duelling or general handling that it becomes a preference by Owners to wear gloves. Me, I like to embrace the feel with metal on skin and call me Frank, the edges should be softened.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Green| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Viridian| Flanged polished Silver Emitter with contrast hard-coat Black anodise| polished Silver aluminium Shroud| Vented Pommel| Black Covertech2.0| Low Profile Kill Key (it's basically just the plastic nub)| shared integrated Recharge Port| Segmented Red lit AV Switch| Unscrewable Emitter (basically a detachable blade holder) with a single milled window for Crystal Reveal| Green Coloured Quartz Crystal Fragment.

Hilt Length: 28.80cm (11.388")
Hilt Diameter: 3.81cm (1.50")
Blade Socket Depth: 4cm (1.574")
Weight: 534grams (18.836Ounces/1.177Pounds)

This was an obvious identifier. Unsuccessfully execution with the drill set and tap screw that has resulted with some coarse surface blemishes exposing the raw aluminium under the anodise.

Another scuff mark at the base of the removable Emitter/Blade Holder that when closed and tightened, becomes an obvious sore point. Highlighted by the lopside installation of the AV Switch. It's like this AV Switch of a Navel can't decide whether it wants to be an inny or an outy so sitting on the blurred fence, its being both.

These are the only smooth functioning threads that opens the door to Mister Speaker.

More on this a little later. The positioning of the Recharge Port within close proximity to the Covertech is poorly chosen. Here, I have subbed out the Covertech and included socket head screw with a button head for smoother unobstructed grip and easier access to the Recharge Port. If you faintly continue the circular scoring you can see that the two share the same real estate disabling the Recharge Jack to be securely inserted without removing the Covertech first (which in turn loosens the Shroud). I don't Open carry or have a need for the Covertech so it was a no brainer to simply remove it (which I mostly do anyway). What was surprising is that the durability and density of T6061 Aluminium (granted aluminium is considered a soft metal) was so easily marked by the plastic tapered base of the Covertech, leaving the feint ring shown.

I would have liked to see the single milled Reveal window duplicated to feature two 180 degrees from each other. Having a single window means that the Reveal function is isolated to open on the underside of the Hilt between the top window of the shroud. This isn't my first Crystal Hilt (yup, am a bit of a Crystal Groupie) and when wielding my Saber(s) during activation it makes sense (for me) to have the revealed glowing chamber facing upwards so you can be all warm and fuzzy with its majestic glow.

The Crystal Chamber features 3 Support Rods spaced 120 degrees apart. Because of this design (from the limiting reveal function mentioned above to the Hilts underside) when opting for an upwards reveal, the line of sight is obstructed by a support rod. I would have liked to see perhaps a 4 Support Rod design like Monarch and if a dual window reveal was incorporated would enable crystal reveal shine through on the topside and underside simultaneously without obstruction.

It's worth noting that whilst these imperfections exist and my observations may appear as harsh criticisms, I don't dislike this Hilt. It is because of my heightened interest that I have analysed it to the detail that I have. There is an open dialogue with SFCS as I complete this as I explore practical options to resolve it. My investigations are continuing with the possibility of sending the Hilt back for repair. I have acknowledged their response as too have they mine and I have remained adamant that I will not be entertaining a Refund because I would like this seen through. Am entertaining the possibility with allowing a repair to occur by the Manufacturer or reserving the choice to clean it up myself as a project Hilt. Updates will inevitably follow as this writeup concludes.

**there's still some more to come. Surely this comes as no surprise as I have consistently overloaded text and Spam'd pictures before.. :P
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, =Ottomatix=

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63788

• Brady329
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 67
I would honestly suggest touching it up yourself. That is unless they have an actual regular installer do the repairs. I'm not sure if the RMA repair techs are trainees or what but everytime I sent my hilt in for an RMA I would recieve it back with more problems and/or missing components. On my 3rd RMA they had the installation manager do the repairs and he did a FANTASTIC job! It's just dissapointing that it took sending it in 3 times to recieve a quality product back to me. But this was just my personal experience and I'm not trying to bash the company as a whole at all. Just want to give you a heads up!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63790

• OvrcAHst
Here are some closer views of the 3Support Rod Chamber design. With observations made so far, too say I was a little pissed would be putting it conservatively. But you know, took a break, went for a walk (pace) made a cuppa Tea and smoked a few cigarettes and made peace with it. What I had hoped was the worst of it came the physical unscrewing of the Emitter/Blade Holder.

It wasn't smooth and actually rather coarse and gritty almost like crunching on a mouthful of sand. No I don't do this often but I hope you get what I mean. The set screws/holes that secure the chamber housing has interrupted the threading and hasn't been finished effectively leaving aluminium shavings and metal filings and dust compromising the threads. It doesn't sound pleasant unscrewing it nor does it sound pleasant tightening it. This elevated to become a primary concern as I fear over time it will eventually wear down and disable tightening at all. Perhaps my decision has been made with that comment to send it back for repair rather any alternative measure. A possible design shortcut. I noticed that the Opposing Chamber housings aren't identical. The lower one has the support rods space further apart at the base and when aligned to the different opposed one at the top that has a smaller circumference, the Rods don't sit completely straight or level and appear to slightly taper inwards.

The 12Watt+ Green is very bright. The LED and use of Optics is consistent with SFs builds. They are generous during a brightly lit room and it becomes significantly more so when confined inside a completely darkened room. No complaints here. Brightness has always been consistent (even with Thin Necks) and it's a notable quality that holds merit.

These start with the included Blade/Emitter Plug secured by retention screw. It is the Standard Elite style that has an outer lip (IIRC, 1.1"OD) against the 1" OD polycarb. IMO, it doesn't sit well for obvious reasons and appears messy and unfinished. A FREE lazerforge Series Blade Plug was included so I took to a Pipe Cutter to score the surface reducing it by 12mm and then took to the belt sander to take it to the line. The result after a few seconds (okay maybe minutes) was a flush to the flange appearance which I believe to look much neater. I don't care much for the actual design of this Plug but it can be overlooked as long as the general aesthetic has been satisfied. Plus looking square at the Emitter doesn't blind me.

Warning: The follow scene contains Nudity.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Some aesthetics Comparisons between my US Consular. I appreciate the extra detailing with design elements contracted into SFs Guardian more than the other. Whilst it is smaller by comparison, the genuine feeling aside, the comfort is greater (besides the sharp edges) too. Credit to SF with employing the Designer of Guardian regardless whether it's the Non-Crystal or Crystal version. It eliminates the whole torch tube with a an outer metal sleeve look and feel to it.

US Consular weighs: 582grams (20.529Ounces/1.283Pounds)
Hilt Length: 30cm (11.811")
Blade Socket Depth: 7cm (2.755") The generosity of this was surprising as the result with an equal singular blade retention screw meant a firmer hold of the blade.
Emitter width comparison: US=50mm (1.968") / SF 44mm (1.732")

Sharp edges aside, the extra detail to the shroud underside ensures greater wielding grip where I had reported in Part I, US Consular was a slippery sucker.

Do you recall when I mentioned that I shaved 12mm of the new Plug to sit flush. Well.. looks like I went a smidgen beyond that.. :oops: And please excuse the visible fluff. It is quite possible that a Wookie may have been hurt during this Photography.

Messing around with the brilliance of the Standard Infinity V4 and the Green Day Blade.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63793

• OvrcAHst
An interesting experiment that has returned some new favourite colours. 12Watt+ Green LED with Day Blade Blue, Red & Amber. The use of the Day Blades gives a generous coring effect and dependent on the colour, creates a silhouetted aura around the blade. Kind of like old school animation that's been remastered with higher definition.

Blue produces a Dark Mint Green which arguably may be better than the actual Mint Green.
Red is my favourite right now. A Red silhouette with a Green Core that floods a Lime Green Brilliance.
Amber is probably second to Red. There is an orange silhouette that harnesses a vibrant Yellow core and blade illumination, very vivid, very effective.

Well That's it for now. Only thing to follow will be updates from SFCS and the path taken. Thanks for checking in.

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63799

• OvrcAHst
Brady329 wrote:
I would honestly suggest touching it up yourself. That is unless they have an actual regular installer do the repairs. I'm not sure if the RMA repair techs are trainees or what but everytime I sent my hilt in for an RMA I would recieve it back with more problems and/or missing components. On my 3rd RMA they had the installation manager do the repairs and he did a FANTASTIC job! It's just dissapointing that it took sending it in 3 times to recieve a quality product back to me. But this was just my personal experience and I'm not trying to bash the company as a whole at all. Just want to give you a heads up!
Thanks for the heads-up Mate, it is appreciated. I have been following your unfortunate RMA Story and whilst it became 3rd time lucky what did work in your favour (by comparison) is your (presumed) geographical location.

My biggest apprehension going into this Hobby is this very occurrence. Logistics aren't exactly like ducking down to the local shops when sending stuff from there to hear and actually becomes much worse when sending stuff from here back to there.

Research has shown (and I communicated this) that an in-built Li-Ion Battery is classed as dangerous Goods. There are strict Declarations and Forms that must be compliant before the package even leaves this Country. The other problem that arises is whilst the repairs have been acknowledged to be performed, let's say the package enters USA. Because of the declaration and classed category, it will be irradiated, rendering all inoperable. If the screw threads and collapsed button and surface scarring is sorted and included only on the RMA List, a non functioning battery inside on the return trip is kinda pointless.

Will have to wait and see how the message exchanges pan-out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63801

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
After looking at your pictures of the crystal chamber, the part closest to the switch looks a bit like ASP blade plug 5.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63847

• OvrcAHst
Jaden Korr wrote:
After looking at your pictures of the crystal chamber, the part closest to the switch looks a bit like ASP blade plug 5.
Nice observation Jaden. I actually share that wonder as well and whether the Plug Top was actually used perhaps as a makeshift Part? :huh: Ordinarily I'd check and measure up the differences/similarities but it's out of my hands now. Handed it over to Postman Pat earlier today.

After exchanging another message with SFCS and completing the RMA Form, the imperfections amounted to something greater than I would have liked to see. So with a return trip into the hands of someone (hopefully) with a better understanding than I to correct it. It did lead to Two New Discoveries though. Mister Speaker wasn't centred or seated behind his Office door and Subway released a Guardian Footlong, so a packed lunch is being delivered to Oregon City. :P

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63848

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Thanks for the detailed write-up as usual.

It's a very nice hilt, probably the finest looking Guardian I have seen irrespective of the issues. With the crystal chamber, it adds a touch of bespoke unlike any "normal" Guardians if I may put it that way.

I can see advantages and disadvantages with sending it back. I find that communication on email with SF, whether for warranty work, customization or query, we literally need to be as concise and as succinct as we can; for if there is any doubt that a sentence may be read in a different unintended way, then write it out clearer. They are busy folks and want to read the instructions correctly and maybe only once, and that's it. Otherwise it just takes more time and effort for both sides.

Nice to see you have picked up the Day Blades too! How heavy is one blade compared with the 37" V4 Infinity? Thickness? Plastic wrapping inside?

Love that new style blade plug too!

Hang in there mate! The hobby will require repairs every now and then. Congratz again on a beautiful saber!
"I am the Senate"

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63852

• OvrcAHst
Thanks Ex66. Agreed that there were advantages and disadvantages with the debate however I came to the conclusion that more disadvantages were present and became evident if I held onto it as it was rather send it back, which I ultimately did.
Nice to see you have picked up the Day Blades too! How heavy is one blade compared with the 37" V4 Infinity? Thickness? Plastic wrapping inside?
Unlikely that they're all like this so the observations are limited to the set I have in my possession. As for the heaviness, 6 versus half a dozen really. They're all 32" and it has become the desirable blade length of choice, sometimes opting for a 26" and seldom for the 37" (opposite to your preference of 37"). As for the individual weights, they're barely noticeable as a difference but the measurements follow if you are/were interested:

Infinity V4: 246grams (8.677Ounces)
Day Red: 243grams (8.571Ounces)
Day Green: 246grams (8.677Ounces)
Day Amber: 242grams (8.536Ounces)
Day Blue: 244grams (8.606Ounces)
Day Yellow: 242grams (8.536Ounces)
Day Purple: N/A (Brother's got it)

For Wall Thickness, they all sit spot on at 3mm. The fluctuations in weight may be contributed by the actual polycarb compound itself because the differences are marginal. It may be the layers of the diffusion film rolled within them but the weight differences don't seem to suggest that.

From what I can gather, the outer-most (or inner) layer of the film that presses directly against the inside of the blade wall is lightly glued rather than the known blob/goop ring at the base of the blade. These are mostly for Thin necks to enable cross compatible usage however I have a couple of standard Thin Necks that have the gloop.

There are multiple layers rolled and fed into the tube (much like a roll of wrapping paper) and I haven't quite reached the stage of destruction yet to autopsy the film with seeing how wide an unravelled film completely unrolled is. Because of the single layer of adhesion, the additional layers of rolls inside aren't secure so it shifts forwards and backwards resulting in a layered effect. The base-end of the rolled film isn't evenly cut. Unsure how the following images will represent what I describe. With the shifting it doesn't affect blade illumination but a tiny spot inconsistency sometimes occurs around the tip.

V4 is basically an opaque/trans white finish where the respective coloured Days are trans-*insert colour here*.
The hobby will require repairs every now and then.
Noted. A little different though when repairs are immediate out of the Box.

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63860

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Noted. A little different though when repairs are immediate out of the Box.

Thanks again. Agree with your last sentence entirely.

Forgot to ask about the weight of your new Guardian. Maybe as a reference comparison with say the Reborn, is it lighter or heavier? I understand the Guardian might be on a plane right now, so a description is more than adequate.
"I am the Senate"

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63891

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Beautiful Guardian OvrcAHst. Even with the imperfections. Hopefully you can get everything worked out to your satisfaction.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63900

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
Thanks again. Agree with your last sentence entirely.
Forgot to ask about the weight of your new Guardian. Maybe as a reference comparison with say the Reborn, is it lighter or heavier? I understand the Guardian might be on a plane right now, so a description is more than adequate.
The following was buried in on the Starting Post under the Specs and Measurements I often use. :lol:
Hilt Length: 28.80cm (11.388")
Blade Socket Depth: 4cm (1.574")
Weight: 534grams (18.836Ounces/1.177Pounds)
As for comparison to Reborn, that Hilt=427grams (15.062Ounces). Last time I checked the Guardian Footlong is still on domestic Soil. ;)

Greysider wrote:
Beautiful Guardian OvrcAHst. Even with the imperfections. Hopefully you can get everything worked out to your satisfaction.
Thanks Greysider. Agreed that it is a beautiful Hilt, very design effective and aesthetically pleasing. The Green has such a remarkable illumination and to top it all off, a sniper of Crystal goodness. I too share that last sentiment driven with hope and that Guardian Reborn will be a promising one. Darth Maul was resurrected after being cut in half so who's to say... just from a little impalement...? :whistle:

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #63931

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
As for comparison to Reborn, that Hilt=427grams (15.062Ounces). Last time I checked the Guardian Footlong is still on domestic Soil. ;)

Thanks. My advice is use FedEx priority (i.e. fastest possible). It will take only four days maximum door to door, and for a valuable item like our hilts, it's worth it.
"I am the Senate"

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #63943

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
Thanks. My advice is use FedEx priority (i.e. fastest possible). It will take only four days maximum door to door, and for a valuable item like our hilts, it's worth it.
Thanks Ex, there are 5 Australia Post Outlets within 7kms (4.35Miles for the other folk :P ) to where I live which makes it more accessible than FedEx which is more sparsely located. Just checked Tracking, as of 1.56PM yesterday it's already made it to the Mail Distribution Centre in LA, which is pretty great considering I dropped the Footlong off at 1.50PM Friday afternoon. ;) I went International Express which was the fastest available and agreed, Hilts are worth it and are considered Valuable. If there was any faster Service available I would have likely taken it since Shipping expenditure is covered by SFCS and technically there wasn't a cap on it. I remain hopeful that completion won't be long and return transit equally so. :)

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #63944

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
"more on this later." hmmm, it's a bit like that with sf sometimes, isn't it? some of the issues you've described i've had with the asp katana: the sharp edges & the shoddy retention screw holes. being a multiple repeat customer, they should send you a new hilt really, with better workmanship.

good review, frank and honest.

cheers.

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #63950

• OvrcAHst
Gnost-Dural wrote:
"more on this later." hmmm, it's a bit like that with sf sometimes, isn't it? some of the issues you've described i've had with the asp katana: the sharp edges & the shoddy retention screw holes. being a multiple repeat customer, they should send you a new hilt really, with better workmanship.
good review, frank and honest. cheers.
*sigh* It's a Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda Threesome. Whether you're a potential Buyer enquiring first, a One-time Buyer or a repeat Buyer: May The Forge Be With You. :dry:
The sad truth is, there's no recognition for repeat business regardless of how much has been spent. Names of Buyers are many and with Business, the attention applied goes to Order Number and Valid Credit Card Number. No criticism be cast though. An appealing Range is created, Offered and what sways from Wants then become Must-Haves and we will continue to Line-up to realise that Ownership. IDK what happened to this particular one and with still wearing the My Name is Frank Badge, am too tired to wonder. What comes back and how and if it's an entirely New One, only time will tell.

It's been an interesting experiment. Jan 21 Order: Is somewhere between their door and mine. The delay? New Crystal Chamber. July 20 Etsy Order: Received July 29. The very same New Crystal Chamber. July 29: RMA Sent. Also July 29: Etsy Order Placed. Wanna take a punt to see which of the two July 29s get received in-hand first? and just for kicks, take a punt for the trifecta with including Jan 21 too. :lol:

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #63989

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Agh, OvrcAHst...I have such mixed feelings here. You've got this beautiful hilt, and yet you've got sharp edges and imperfections. I LOVE the segmented AV Switch. That green is fantastic with this hilt as well. The hilt has a great balance of silver and black. I'm SO sorry about the scuffs, how the recharge port is located (despite your removing the Covertech knob), and the rods on the crystal chamber. Sounds like you've gone through a few different emotional cycles with this one, but are coming out swinging and will end up on top! Still a great write up and beautiful hilt!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64002

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Agh, OvrcAHst...I have such mixed feelings here. You've got this beautiful hilt, and yet you've got sharp edges and imperfections. I LOVE the segmented AV Switch. That green is fantastic with this hilt as well. The hilt has a great balance of silver and black.
I do not disagree with anything you have written here mate. It is quite the flurry of mixed feelings.
The segmented AV is a nice addition (new to SF) but not new to Sabers. Yep, Green is stunningly good and there is effective use of Black & Silver. If it were simply isolated to the Covertech and Shroud edges I would have held onto it and corrected these myself. As these were secondary concerns, the primary ones specific to the threads, speaker and chamber installation and inny/outy ~ it became a packed lunch.

(Yep, it's still Frank here) It's been acknowledged (and accepted) that the Covertech/Recharge Port Time-share won't be corrected as it's a design element. It's just going to be removed on return anyway so no dispute. Future builds seeing a shift to the right by a few millimetres hardly seems like a great effort since a hole still needs to be drilled and it'd use a smidgen more (possibly) of wire. But it ain't my build or design so it is what it is.
I'm SO sorry about the scuffs, how the recharge port is located (despite your removing the Covertech knob), and the rods on the crystal chamber.
So it's you again being responsible for this!? Just like it was you that had Fallen supplied with Viridian over Crimson Font? :lol: All good mate. Nothing for you to be sorry about but I get where you're coming from.
Sounds like you've gone through a few different emotional cycles with this one, but are coming out swinging and will end up on top! Still a great write up and beautiful hilt!
Yes. Am swinging but it's getting tiring and as to ending up on top? it's more likely the bottom. Thank you for the optimism and Thank you for your comments. :)

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64004

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Oh man, this seriously sucks, and I can't help feeling a little responsible for encouraging this purchase :dry:

I fully expected the recharge port placement to be a problem for a lot of people, as it is hard to remove without tweezers or pliers. (Although if anyone is looking at this saber I will mention, if you only push the tiny kill key into the hole far enough that it stays in, but not as far as it can go, it pops out with relatively little pulling, but sits securely enough that it doesn't come out during use)

I also knew that the sharpness would be pretty variable, its the nature of a shrouded product like this, I was lucky with mine that only the curved points near the button were sharp, but as you have said, that is not the biggest deal ever.

However, while those issues may be ignorable and fixable, the others were not, but here's hoping everything gets sorted out for you, because when it comes without defects, its a bloody gorgeous saber.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by TheGrandAdmiral. Reason: Clarification

CR Guardian SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64007

• OvrcAHst
Thanks TGA. Don't feel responsible at all my friend. No doubt that discussions had with you with yours did assist with my decision process but the decision to proceed with the Purchase was still mine alone and unless you moonlight on the Production Team (which you don't) it hardly implicates you. ;)

The kill-key stub isn't as bad as it would suggest either completely depressed or (as you write) partially. It can be easily removed without assistance of tweezers or pliers with a shallow finger nail between your thumb and index finger. The problem that exists however is the shared real estate and that the Recharge jack cannot be completely inserted without removing the Covertech first.

Shroud edge sharpness amongst other ridged edges is almost expectant that it's so common. This, agreed, can be easily resolved. Thank you for the wishes and I too hope the Welcome Home Party is a good one. No challenges there. It is definitely an awesome Hilt. A Crying shame that it was so rough-handled. :) Perhaps the difference with Dine-In Table service versus Drive-Thru Fast Food? :dry:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5270
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15