Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 3 days ago #88305

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Look wut I ordered
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 3 days ago #88308

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 529
The speaker that's currently in it is SF's "high bass" speaker. The other one is thin and flat, and has a black diaphragm instead of silver. The one SF uses simply is a different brand than what you have on the NBv4 saber.

I do hope you ordered two of those SE speakers from TCSS... becuase you're going to want to put one in your NBv4 saber too. ;)

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 2 days ago #88313

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Well I'm very happy with the sound of the NBv4 so unless it is a whole lot louder than that speaker I probably won't switch that one. I just hope it gives off the deep sounds I'm looking for.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 19 hours ago #88405

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So whats a good way to get that black goop off so i can remove the speaker.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 17 hours ago #88411

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
There will be an attemption to remove the power equalizer

upload a pic on the internet

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 16 hours ago #88413

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
The solderer has been turned on

picture hosting sites free

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 16 hours ago #88414

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
The wire to be detached

picture hosting sites free

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 16 hours ago #88416

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Separation of both wires successful!

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 15 hours ago #88423

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Well I damage the speaker in the process of removing it it turns out using a heat gun isn't a good idea but what is a better idea is getting up an exacto knife which will allow you to slice through the portion just underneath the speaker that adheres to the battery so that's what I ended up doing after I melted the speaker a little but I have no intention of using it anyway and now the sticky residue remains on the bottom of the battery which I may be able to heat up to adhere to the new speaker.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 15 hours ago #88424

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So as you can see based on what is written on the back it is the low profile speaker and not the high bass speaker which is 4 Watt and 4 ohm. It's interesting since the low profile picture depicted on the website looks entirely different however it does State the low profile speaker is 2 Watt and 8 ohm.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 15 hours ago #88426

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So here it is after I sliced through the goop

I must say I am rather irritated that they installed the $2 speaker for the amount they charge for the installation service you would think they would install the far better $6 speaker

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 15 hours ago #88427

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
hmmmmmmmmm I have having a question here... I noticed that the one I ordered from the custom saber shop says it's 4 ohm and 2 watt and the high bass speaker from saberforge is 4 watt and 4 ohm so does that mean the 6 dollar speaker from saberforge is better and louder than the 14 dollar speaker from TCSS that is only 2 watts? The speaker from saberforge has 2 more watts for less than half the cost yet the one I ordered seems to be praised so much as the best speaker you can get. What's going on there? Or is it that the lower watts produce a better speaker? I thought the more watts you have = the loudness.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 13 hours ago #88439

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 342
In regards to the speaker looking different, companies like SF bulk order smaller components like speakers to save money. There are a few different syles of the “basic” 28mm speakers out there. Which one you get is probably dependent on what they order and have on hand. I’ve got both styles of basic speakers, the one pictured on the site and the one you got and there’s no noticeable difference in sound quality to me.

Now for your question. Wattage is a measure of power draw, nothing else. That number on a speaker is letting you know the max power the speaker can take. It doesn’t indicate loudness any more than it does LED brightness. Most sound boards used in sabers only output to 2W anyway, so they don’t blow out 2W speakers. What the speaker does with that power is what matters. Decibel level is what determines loudness, and we would need to know the levels on both speakers to know which is louder. The write up on the $15 speaker at TCSS does caution against using max volume to avoid a blowout, I’ve never seen that warning on the 28mm bass speakers of the type that SF sells and uses. With bass speakers, other things like levels of bass and other things will make a difference. A common misconception is that a bass speaker will be louder than a non bass one. This isn’t true, in fact the opposite is true. A regular speaker with the same power draw will be louder. The bass gives you a more rich sound, as opposed to the “flat” audio you get from a regular speaker. There’s a reason that speaker is $15. It obviously does something the other speakers don’t, because TCSS sells the other ones too, for $6.50.

Now, if you had 4W of sound pumped into that other speaker, it may be louder, but the quality may not be as good as the 2W speaker.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 13 hours ago by scifidude79.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 13 hours ago #88440

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
I think you have to be hearing impaired to not hear a huge difference between that 8ohm, 2watt speaker that was installed and the high bass speaker that is 4watt, 4ohm. The difference is night at day. If they just use whatever speaker they have on hand then that is not a good thing for customers at all. While some are getting a good rich sound, others get something that sounds like a toy in caparison. Something needs to be done there or at least have a message about requesting what speaker to install. I do believe what you said about that though since I have seen youtube videos of ASP sabers and other sabers that they installed and the sounds were very loud sounding so I suppose sometimes you get the good speaker and sometimes you don't. Why do I have to be so unlucky with my orders? First I get an emitter that was scratched up and on my other order I get the low quality speaker but at least no scratches and dings on that hilt. Although customer service is being lenient with me to return the emitter to make it right, they require me to first send it in before they even start production on another emitter which can take 8 weeks which means I'll be out a saber for months likely when I just received it after waiting 3 months. I don't know why they can't start production first and when they are ready to ship it out I send back the emitter that way they can send it out right away and I only have to be without a saber for a couple days.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 12 hours ago #88442

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 342
If I’m hearing impaired, (which I am slightly because I’m an Army veteran) then you need to learn how to read. I said there’s more than one type of “basic” 28mm speaker. A high bass speaker isn’t a basic speaker. Basic 28mm speakers are the little flat ones. Some look like fan blades, some look like what you pulled out of your saber.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 12 hours ago #88443

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
ohhhh so whyyyyyyyyyyyyy wouoldn't they say so! what an important feature it is to have a good sound! I would think they would offer a speaker upgrade option.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 2 weeks 2 hours ago #88463

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1751
There is a tinge of disrespect sneaking into this conversation, which I believe to be wholly unnecessary.

Danielbs80, if you have pointed questions about specific parts known to be used in a sabers from Saber Forge, these knowledgeable people can (and have) done their best to answer them.

If, however, you want to know why Saber Forge uses particular parts, or why they do anything a certain way, I suggest you contact Customer Service. That is the only avenue to get any real insight into specific business practices. You will find no such satisfaction here in the forum. All that can be accomplished is antagonism, and that isn’t tolerated.

This has been a public service announcement from your friendly forum admin. B) :)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 hours ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhyno, DarthRevan17

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 5 days ago #88672

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
SABERFORGERS UNITE! WHERES THE JEDIS AND SITHS IN VIRGINA?

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 5 days ago #88683

• alongwargame
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 55
Thank you for this post! i will be reviewing the sabercore 3.0 very soon on my youtube channel. having the some pre-knowledge like this about the speaker is good!

again thank you!
cheers rebelchumps
youtube.com/rebelchumps
Check out my lightsaber review youtube channel:
youtube.com/rebelchumps

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88720

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Just got the new speaker today so I will be installing it soon

anonymous pictures website
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Danielbs80.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• All by Oneself.. (13 Posts)
    • What they should do, honestly, is make a movie about the most bestest character in all of Star...
    • AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 & ... (69 Posts)
    • D7are you going to enter them? “Do it!”
    • 3D printing parts (66 Posts)
    • Quote: How much did this cost you to make and produce? I may be interested in trying one out at some point....
    • 3D printing parts (66 Posts)
    • How much did this cost you to make and produce? I may be interested in trying one out at some point....
    • All by Oneself.. (13 Posts)
    • If I do go to see the premiere, I'll prpbably wear the Rebel Alliance shirt that I got for Christmas...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6824
  • Latest Member: HeXeK
  • Total Posts: 68.6k
  • Total Topics: 5784
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 45