Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88723

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1751
I look forward to hearing about the results. Sound can be such a subjective experience, but if you have specific expectations, it is always best to know how to get exactly what you seek. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88727

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
I just wanted to sound as good as the speaker from my Nano biscotti build which is the high bass speaker so supposedly I ordered an even better one from the custom saber shop so I'm hoping it would even be louder and more crispy but anything at the same level that my high bass speaker I ordered from saberforge produces would make me very satisfied

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88728

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1751
Danielbs80 wrote:
I just wanted to sound as good as the speaker from my Nano biscotti build which is the high bass speaker so supposedly I ordered an even better one from the custom saber shop so I'm hoping it would even be louder and more crispy but anything at the same level that my high bass speaker I ordered from saberforge produces would make me very satisfied

At very least, it will be a process of elimination to see exactly what component (if any) accounts for the variation. However, please be sure to go into the Saber Forge config utility, and adjust the volume control to make sure you are getting the most out of the card before determining that SC3 is just not as loud as the Plecter.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88729

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
As I have mentioned before, I have a suspicion it's the speaker and has nothing to do with the hardware (being the soundboards) especially now that I know the stock speaker was a weaker one than the other one. And the vol is definitely all the way up on all banks. I think what should be done is a firmware should be updated to give more volume and/or even an adjustment for bass.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88731

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88732

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88737

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So before I get to the speaker I'm going to see if this d ring will install. I didn't mind only having the option of using the cover text system and I don't even know if I ever want to use it since you need a specially-designed clippy thing to hold it so I got this and I think they should be able to screw behind the covertec wheel to make a two in one. So what I did was I put some heat shrink on it just so it wouldn't scratch up anyting

anonymous pictures website

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88750

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So as I am taking out the covertec wheels I am noticing something peculiar so I'll I am taking out the coverwheels I am noticing something peculiar. For the lightsaber I ordered empty the screw to hold the covertec wheel is longer than the one I ordered with an Electronics install

how to upload pics

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88752

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So I took the longer screw and it fit through the hole and a little bit still pokes out so I'm thinking when I tighten it down the metal part behind it will kind of form with it and the screw will be able to reach a little further in as its screws in.

how to upload pics

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88758

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So it looks like it doesn't work out so well because when you screw everything in it kind of is a little crooked because of the covertec kind of hitting that bumpy area on the top so just screwing it in with the screw by itself works better

how to upload pics

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88759

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Okay time to move on to the next thing look at this prime power equalizer which I hear is the best in the galaxy

how to upload pics

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88761

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So I just removed the liquid tape that was over the contact points so I can do you solder those wires since I'm just going to be putting the wires that already are there attached to the board on to here which I already checked the placement and they go on exactly the same way as the old speaker I just need to reheat up that glue to stick it back on I'm thinking if I can find someone around here that has a lighter I can just heat it up real quick and stick it

how to upload pics

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88763

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So before I actually install it I turn down the volume because there's these little disclaimers that it's really loud and you could blow it out so just to be on the safe side I turned everything down to 70%

how to upload pics

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88766

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
so I'm coming into some problems. When I soldered up the speaker I turned it on in the program to play the hum and it was very soft sounding and then when I unplugged it and turned it on from the button, no sound at all comes out and the light turns on and there is not flicker even. I donno wuts happening.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88769

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
so I desoldered the speaker and resoldered it thinking maybe there was some bad joints but nope, same thing is happening where the button will turn it on but no sound or flicker, just a solid light and silence however if I plug it into the computer and turn it on with the program I'll get all the sounds and flickering. So I'm doing a burn to chip and will see if that's fixing stuff

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88770

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Well it didn't fix the problem. It's so odd. The only think I can think of is that maybe a connection of the switch got pulled out but I don't think so because it still lights up and it will turn it on and off just with no sound or flicker. Could it be this speaker that's affecting it? I'll desolder it and see it how performs.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88771

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Nope, exactly the same results. Well looks like I'm going to have to find a way to unscrew the handle and maybe emitter to take a closer look at what could be the issue. Who would think just swapping out the speaker would lead to an issue like this.

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88772

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
Does anyone know how it can work fine with the software but not on it's own? I

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88773

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
I'm concerned at the sound levels I did hear when I had sound going when it was connected to the pc with the software, even at max it was very soft, even quieter than the stock speaker. Something must be weird about it. I think I'm going to take off my hi bass speaker on my NBv4 build and put this one on and see what happens

Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs NBv4 sounds 1 week 4 days ago #88774

• Danielbs80
  • Elite Member
So I was unscrewing the Palm wall and the outer sleeve to the handle just slid off so it looks like it's just held in place by the covertec screw and the pommel itself I don't see any glue that was used I guess it doesn't matter since it works it's just odd that it never slid off before

how to upload pics
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• All by Oneself.. (13 Posts)
    • What they should do, honestly, is make a movie about the most bestest character in all of Star...
    • AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 & ... (69 Posts)
    • D7are you going to enter them? “Do it!”
    • 3D printing parts (66 Posts)
    • Quote: How much did this cost you to make and produce? I may be interested in trying one out at some point....
    • 3D printing parts (66 Posts)
    • How much did this cost you to make and produce? I may be interested in trying one out at some point....
    • All by Oneself.. (13 Posts)
    • If I do go to see the premiere, I'll prpbably wear the Rebel Alliance shirt that I got for Christmas...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6824
  • Latest Member: HeXeK
  • Total Posts: 68.6k
  • Total Topics: 5784
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 45