Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP and In Hilt Recharging

ASP and In Hilt Recharging 4 months 1 week ago #45561

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
I know that the ASP system at launch will not support in hilt recharging. My question is will it someday? I'm a kickstarter back who is anxiously awaiting my reward. I would love to someday convert that saber to in hilt recharging. Will that be something I'll be able to do? How difficult will that conversion be? Would I have to rebuy parts (for example the LED or switch section) to get that to function? I've been wondering this for a while, but I figured it was kind of silly to ask until people start getting their hands on them so now seems like the time to ask.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP and In Hilt Recharging 4 months 1 week ago #45566

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I can't say I know the answers to any of your questions, but I too will be waiting for this option to become available prior to purchasing an ASP so figured I would respond in hopes this addition gets more attention and hopefully moves up the priority list. I would imagine it could be retrofit in to the current ASP designs as they seem to already have the slot for it built for it in the renderings... might just need to use a knockout bit to punch the hole all the way through.

ASP and In Hilt Recharging 4 months 1 week ago #45568

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
If you get a pummel, body, switch, emitter it should be possible to do on your own. It all depends on how the switch body part works. Right now I think its enclosed with quick connect pins. If thats the case, no it wouldn't be changeable, but if you can get an empty switch piece.. I don't see why not, you can do it with their empty hilts.

ASP and In Hilt Recharging 4 months 1 week ago #45573

• drgolds
  • Thank you received: 20
To be honest, I'm kind of glad that the ASP won't have the in hilt charge port. I plan on buying a separate battery for the two sabers I intend to get. That way, I can always have one charged and just switch it out when one starts to die, instead of waiting for it to charge while in the saber. Also, it wouldn't alter the appearance of my saber with a kill key while on display. I also like that the switch won't be illuminated. That just makes me think it would be like having a target painted on you for snipers in low light conditions saying shoot here. Well, that is if a Stormtrooper could actually hit something that wasn't directly in front of them hahaha.

ASP and In Hilt Recharging 4 months 1 week ago #45577

• schmots
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 89
drgolds wrote:
Well, that is if a Stormtrooper could actually hit something that wasn't directly in front of them hahaha.

Haha. I've been watching the clone wars cartoon in Netflix and I'm constantly irritated that no one can hit anything. Even the huge ships. It's right there, you have to work at it in order TO miss.

ASP and In Hilt Recharging 4 months 1 week ago #45594

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Yes, I've been told that in the first expansion of ASP, in hilt recharge ports will be added.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adan Valera
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...
    • Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 41
  • Yesterday Answer: 64