Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Exhalted stopped working after first duel

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 4 days ago #57080

• Brady329
  • Thank you received: 53
I have absolutely loved every second that i have owned this saber thus far! That is why it is so saddening that after my very first duel (finally!) that it no longer is functioning properly. It took a direct hit to the hilt and has been making a clicking noise at the speaker and the LED slightly flashes. I know the blades are warrantied for dueling but are the hilts themselves warrantied also?
This sucks especially bad because I have bought a special rod case for my trip to florida in 2 weeks for my sabers and couldn't wait to relax at night on the beach and do some spinning! Hopefully my extra checked bag fee is refundable.
Anywho, already sent an e-mail to sales along with this video. Fingers crossed that they can help me out!
Last Edit: 4 months 4 days ago by Brady329.
The topic has been locked.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 4 days ago #57081

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 823
Yes, the hilts are warrantied as well.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brady329

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 4 days ago #57082

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 486
The hilt is warrantied as well.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 4 days ago #57098

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 299
I admire SF for warranting sabers that get damaged when dueling.
"I am the Senate"

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 2 days ago #57277

• Brady329
Does anyone know what the issue might be? I haven't heard back from a CS yet but I leave for Florida next monday and if it's something that can easily be fixed I might just do it myself. The wait for a response is driving me crazy! Wish this would have happened a week or 2 earlier so that I could have gotten it back in time.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 2 days ago #57294

• Darth Vexing
  • Elite Member
  • Some sentients aren't after anything logical. Some sentients just want to watch the galaxy burn.
  • Thank you received: 90
I'm afraid that you just became a victim of Murphy's law.

(Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, at the worst possible time.)
I am chaos in order's guise.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 2 days ago #57296

• Brady329
Darth Vexing wrote:
I'm afraid that you just became a victim of Murphy's law.

(Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong, at the worst possible time.)

I know right?!

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 2 days ago #57458

• Brady329
Sent an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with a video of my problem and also talked to CS on Etsy. No response from sales but Etsy already got back with me. Sent Etsy the video also and now am just eagerly waiting for the ok to send my saber in for an RMA. But the Etsy CS did say it will be covered. Just want to get the go ahead to send it before I do. Hope to hear back today! Really bummed I won't be able to take it on vacation with me though. At least it will be a nice surprise to open (hopefully) when I get back in a couple weeks!
Last Edit: 4 months 2 days ago by Brady329.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 1 day ago #57468

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Darn, that's really bad news! I hope this gets resolved and fixed quickly, buddy! Good luck.
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 16 hours ago #57703

• Brady329
Well I finally got the ok to ship my saber back with an RMA! Sucks I had to pay $20 for shipping but at least I know it will be fixed properly and sent back for free. Kind of excited that I get to wait and watch another tracking # again! :silly:

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 16 hours ago #57704

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 378
Well I finally got the ok to ship my saber back with an RMA! Sucks I had to pay $20 for shipping but at least I know it will be fixed properly and sent back for free. Kind of excited that I get to wait and watch another tracking # again! :silly:
Used to be if you email a pic of your receipt for the shipping they'd refund you that too. Ask them about that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 4 months 16 hours ago #57705

• Brady329
h2soy wrote:
Used to be if you email a pic of your receipt for the shipping they'd refund you that too. Ask them about that.
Really?! That would be great! Leaving for vacation Monday so I need all the extra $ I can get! Thanks for the info!

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 4 weeks ago #57917

• Brady329
h2soy wrote:
Unfortunately SaberForge said that they do not cover the shipping to them, only the shipping back to the customer. Was it recently that they used to do that though?
Also, I'm hoping that it won't take long at all to fix the problem and send it back. I asked if they could possibly ship it to me while im on vacation to my condo in florida. I will be there from this coming Monday to the next. Already paid the non-refundable baggage fee for my blade case so this way I can still take them then hopefully receive my saber and be able to spin on the beach! Has anyone had experience with a special request like this?

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 4 weeks ago #57920

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 461
Well that's definitely something new. Again we weren't notified, Brady329 I wouldn't count on your saber getting repaired in a single week, just not going to happen. Last year I sent my Consular back for repair and was told to email a picture of my receipt to be reimbursed. Not sure when this policy changed!

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 2 weeks ago #59227

• Brady329
Just got an e-mail stating that my saber will be on it's way back to me after it has cleared quality control and recieved my tracking number! Kind of excited to track it, once again, back to my doorstep! Really hope they improved the internals of it this time so that it doesn't go out so easily in the future.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Brady329.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 2 weeks ago #59241

• Brax
  • Administrator
Brady329 wrote:
Just got an e-mail stating that my saber will be on it's way back to me after it has cleared quality control and recieved my tracking number! Kind of excited to track it, once again, back to my doorstep! Really hope they improved the internals of it this time so that it doesn't go out so easily in the future.

Excellent!

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 1 week ago #59710

• Brady329
Well I finally got my saber back from the RMA on saturday! Everything works fine but now the LED is extremely loose and rattles pretty bad. I know the Exhalted has C-rings rather than a retention screw so I was just wondering if anyone has experience taking it apart to tighten them? I really dont want to send it back again just for a loose LED.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 1 week ago #59724

• Brady329
So I just receieved an e-mail back from Saberforge concerning the rattling LED, and they want me to ship it back to them AGAIN! Luckily this time they offered to pay for shipping and send me a label to ship it back to them again. I really hate to part with it so soon but hopefully it will be a really quick turnaround time since all that is needed is to tighten the LED. Will be so glad to have my saber back to 100% though!

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 1 week ago #59729

• Brax
  • Administrator
This one of those things about thin-necks that make them a little more "high maintenance" than other sabers. Mainly, it is the fact that the emitter is threaded on to the main body, and adhesive is used (loc-title blue I think) to keep it from getting loose when dueling. In order to get to the LED, you have to unscrew the emitter which requires heating the adhesive so that it breaks loose. Basically, breaking that seal is one of those "voids warranty" issues which we all try to steer clear of, at least for the first year. This is also why quick connects are not offered on thin-necks.

Sorry it did not happen the first time around, but when it comes back fully functional, and ready to duel, it will be so worth the time to do it right.

Exhalted stopped working after first duel 3 months 1 week ago #59858

• Brady329
I hope so! Starting to get nervous seeing others that sent their sabers in for repair then came back with random scratches and other problems. Hopefully this being the 2nd time in a month I've had to send it in for an RMA they will pay closer attention to detail and properly fix and Quality check it this time around.
Also, I thought it was interesting that the return shipping label that they sent me is addressed straight to Phillip Isherwood. Maybe this means they will make sure it's done right this time. So sending it back to them today AGAIN! The 3rd wait for my saber begins tomorrow! Yay? :dry:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Adding in hilt recharge t... (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Thank you guys for the feedback, I will be adding warrior PnP with in hilt recharge and energy sword...
    • Saberforge sale timeline (4 Posts)
    • hoping there's one for october and november. and surely there's a christmas one.
    • Starkiller saber project (15 Posts)
    • Quote: Going to replace the marble with an opalite sphere, as well as put some type of backing on the...
    • Adding in hilt recharge t... (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Thank you guys for the feedback, I will be adding warrior PnP with in hilt recharge and energy sword...
    • Plug & Play Champion ... (12 Posts)
    • so no switch or led with the kit. I'm assuming though that it comes with a kill key, right?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4541
  • Latest Member: DarthHavok
  • Total Posts: 47.7k
  • Total Topics: 3514
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 30