Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Other Hobbies?

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17279

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So, like the title suggests... what are some of your other hobbies? Not even just Star Wars related, can be anything under the sun! Personally, I also collect Star Wars Lego sets, and I do a lot of gaming, on various platforms (tho I tend to stick mainly to PC gaming as of recently). I also consider myself a bit of a movie buff, and like to watch lots of movies and keep up on the latest cinema news.... probably because my favorite job I've had to date was in a movie theater, and I really enjoyed it. Wish I could get back into it, lol.
The topic has been locked.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17284

• TheBrayster
  • Thank you received: 5
My main love is Tabletop Gaming. Specifically boardgaming, though I do touch into some RPG as well.

Funny enough, a big part of this is Star Wars.

Notables: Star Wars: Imperial Assault, X-Wing Miniatures, Armada, FFG Star Wars RPG (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny).

It's a good excuse to get friends around a table, away from technology, with a couple of drinks enjoying our own company.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17287

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
Right now I'm on summer break until the 25th of Aug. so I'm a bit of a gym rat until my grad classes and new school year starts (teacher). I like playing Monster Hunter on 3DS (followed the series since it came to the USA on the PSP from Japan) and appreciate most games Blizzard produces (Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft, Diablo 3).

I'm an avid gunpla (piloted robot plastic models) modeler w/no real talent.

Yes, I have a gunpla hoarding problem.

I collect the scale models from the X-wing Miniature game.

Other than that this summer has mostly been reading and taking care of the newborn (our first). I also have a very large and garrulous extended family that takes up most of my time (someone is always getting married, dying, being born, needs help moving, etc. etc. etc.).

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17288

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Well, I'm moderately into collecting 6" action figures. I collect Star Wars Black Series (of course), Masters of the Universe Classics, some Marvel Legends, some DC Universe, and a few Transformers Masterpiece.

I also enjoy video games, mostly on PC and Xbox One. I wouldn't say that I'm a movie buff per se, but I LOVE going to the theater to watch the latest blockbuster, preferably opening night as you get the most energetic crowd!

In contrast to all that, I love to hike and regularly seek out new and challenging trails to traverse :)

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17289

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
You into the X-Wing Miniatures too Brayster? My Imp. Raider is coming in on Wed. and I'm pumped to finally get it.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17290

• Jatne
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
My other hobbies are reading, SWTOR, and playing handbells.

It was Star Wars novels that really got me into reading for fun and cemented me as a Star Wars fan. Most of my reading now branches out from the Star Wars novels I started with by reading the other novels of my favorite Star Wars authors (like Timothy Zahn), and the novels of other authors they work with. I am currently working my way through David Weber's Honor Harrington stories.

A good portion of my free time is spent on Star Wars The Old Republic. It is an amazing game with never-ending content to run.

I also am in 2 separate handbell choirs and enjoy ringing as often as possible.
Purchased 6 hilts from SF

Cheated out of the prize in the final lottery

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17292

• Vanguard
h2soy wrote:
Right now I'm on summer break until the 25th of Aug. so I'm a bit of a gym rat until my grad classes and new school year starts (teacher). I like playing Monster Hunter on 3DS (followed the series since it came to the USA on the PSP from Japan) and appreciate most games Blizzard produces (Heroes of the Storm, StarCraft, Diablo 3).

I'm an avid gunpla (piloted robot plastic models) modeler w/no real talent.

Yes, I have a gunpla hoarding problem.

I collect the scale models from the X-wing Miniature game.

Other than that this summer has mostly been reading and taking care of the newborn (our first). I also have a very large and garrulous extended family that takes up most of my time (someone is always getting married, dying, being born, needs help moving, etc. etc. etc.).

Join the club, into Gunpla as well...got quite the MG collection too.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17293

• TheBrayster
  • Thank you received: 5
h2soy wrote:
You into the X-Wing Miniatures too Brayster? My Imp. Raider is coming in on Wed. and I'm pumped to finally get it.

Would you believe it if I told you I actually completely forgot that was being released? Damnit.

Admittedly, I've been much more into Armada since it was released. I just love fleet battles, and it is so much more unpredictable (in a good way)

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17294

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I also am in 2 separate handbell choirs and enjoy ringing as often as possible.
I've only seen this done on British TV murder mysteries. You win the internet today.
Join the club, into Gunpla as well...got quite the MG collection too.
These are my HGs; the RGs and MGs are underneath my work desk. *shakes head* Someone stop me
I just love fleet battles, and it is so much more unpredictable (in a good way)
The price point is a bit too high for me at the moment. The meta around the X-Wing miniatures has gotten a bit stale (turrets turrets turrets!) but I hope this next wave and the TFA set shakes things up.
Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by h2soy.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17297

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 13
I've been running a Pathfinder campaign (RPG). I got back into it when Dwarven Forge started a Kickstarter campaign for comparatively cheap 3D terrain for gaming. This is stuff I would have killed for back when I was a GM back in the '90s.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17298

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm a big gamer. I've gone back and forth between PC and console games like a dozen times. Right now I'm primary on PS4. I've also played SWTOR on and off since its launch. I technically have and active subscription but I haven't played in a few months.

Video games and movies are my primary hobbies. I also like building PCs but I only do that about once every 2 years or so.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17303

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
Mostly just video games and a bit of a movie buff as well. Mainly on consoles because the main PC game I ever play is WoW, mainly on PS4 for the moment when classwork gets done (grad student). Also a lot of anime is watched on this computer, favorite of all time DBZ
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo
Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Knightwolf.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17306

• Sparrowhawk
  • Thank you received: 18
I'm a big gamer myself, traditionally PC games, but been playing Android apps these days.

Anyone way Star Wars: Galactic Defense or Star Wars: Commander? They both have IAP, but not a bad way to pass the time, plus it's Star Wars!

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17310

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I'm a bit of a gamer, but I used to be into it way more. I got a giant backlog of PS3 games to catch up on from college such as the digitally remastered KH games before KH3 comes out.

I'm also into a bit of gunpla and zoids building, and electric RC.

Than I got snowbaording and paintballing.

More or less a little of everything lol.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17311

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
Sparrowhawk wrote:
I'm a big gamer myself, traditionally PC games, but been playing Android apps these days.

Anyone way Star Wars: Galactic Defense or Star Wars: Commander? They both have IAP, but not a bad way to pass the time, plus it's Star Wars!

I just discovered Star Wars Commander yesterday. I'm liking it so far.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17312

• Focus
  • Thank you received: 8
I spend most of my off time playing a few racing games and watching movies/TV shows, although I am a Star Wars fan I have never really got into the animated TV shows and haven't seen the movies for a few years, so binge watching what I can at the moment.
When im not doing that I am usually out on my road bike trying to loose some weight and hopefully get back in to doing some local rides and races in the next year or so.
I may have found some people to start playing some table top games with, I've never been in to them before but have been interested to join a D&D campaign and hopefully more.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17313

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
I've been an avid golfer for about 7 yrs and I have a habit of customizing putters. Sometimes I sell them.
I've played hockey for 28yrs and still play. I'm nearly 34yrs old.
I also like to do custom mods to my car(s). Present and past tense.
DBZ is a favourite of mine also is Street Fighter II.
I have a lot of movies. Always wanted to write one of my own. Currently gathering notes and details to write one about an old favourite comic of mine.
Year by year my gaming and anime watching goes down exponentially. But I'll still watch a Pixar movie or whatever. Recently picked up the box set seasons 1-5 of The Clone Wars.
I have a decent collection of Star Wars figures from the 90's somewhere in a box downstairs or in the garage. I used to have the Star Wars box set on vhs (pre-edits obviously). I wore them out watching them so often.
Kids today will never know what it meant to rewind a movie before you got to watch it…

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17318

• DaveChill
I'm an artist. I do digital and traditional stuff. I really like animation as well. Watching it, and making it.

I also pass a lot of time playing video games. Destiny has been one of my favorites for the past few months and I'm eagerly anticipating Star Wars Battlefront.

Also I enjoy a good comic.

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17321

• Master Venable
I play tabletop games. Board Games and RPGs mainly. Star Wars Imperial Assault is my current favorite board game, and Force and Destiny my Favorite RPG currently.

Oh, and I like painting miniatures. Currently converting some Infinity Umbra Legates into Sith Lords...
Emotion, yet Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhoenixLightSaberAcademy/

Other Hobbies? 11 months 1 day ago #17323

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
I do a few things in my off hours other than provide commentary on SaberForge/Lightsaber related forums and group.

I play SWTOR a couple of times a week. Been playing with a specific group pretty much since it went live. This group came to SWTOR from City of Heroes after it closed down. I played that puppy from two weeks after it went live, to the end 8 years later. I did not play the shut down event, as that was too freakin' sad.

I go to pretty much every summer tent-pole movie, along with my wife. There are not many she will not attend with me, other than things that involve too much explicit violence (which is weird, because she watches "The Walking Dead" with me so, go figure).

In addition to Star Wars, I am also a HUGE Star Trek geek. I am probably one of the few people here who can say they saw first run episodes back in the day! My older son is named after James Kirk, who (in his Original Series incarnation, not so much the movie version) was my hero, so it was pretty serious.

I also love to do model kits. I have not done it in years, but at one time I had quite a collection of things that I built and painted. Over time, a lot of them suffered utter destruction due to moves, and attempts to dust around them, but I still have a few left...as you can see.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Brax.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k