Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14182

• FlushTheFish
So I am new to the whole saber culture and i was looking into buying one either from Saberforge or Ultrasabers. Even though Ultrasabers has a little bit better prices, (I should mention i don't have much money atm) I think saber forge has way better designs. So i was looking into buying one of the apprentice sabers from Saberforge as just a hilt (Tier 1). My question is; if I buy just the hilt, can i buy the electronics, blade, etc. later on and eventually have a complete saber. The description makes it seem like it's just a display piece, (Which is mainly what its going to end up as) but i still want the whole package anyways, i just don't have $150+ right now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14183

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
I would suggest you save up. From what I understand the Apprentice level sabers are a single machined piece (excluding the pommel) which makes it difficult to add electronics later. The Elite sabers are much more DIY friendly especially the newer models (like the 2015 Gladius) which are designed to be compatible w/the ASP (adaptive saber parts) electronic kits which are launching (first via Kickstarter then regular retail) later this year. In the future I plan to buy initiate level (empties) hilts and upgrade/swap electronics at my leisure. But I would definitely encourage you to wait it out if you can unless you wanna go for the warrior level apprentice sabers (which are very nice btw).

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14184

• FlushTheFish
Alright. Thanks for your advice. I just saw the ASP campaign and that seems really cool. I might just save up enough to get the warrior level anyways. :)

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14191

• FlushTheFish
Sorry for responding twice but i read in that FAQ i think you posted, that the ASP parts will work with all the initiate level sabers. Can you or anyone else confirm that 100%?

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14196

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
This is what you were referring to, from the FAQ:
Yes, our new plug and play kits can be added to an initiate.

That comes from Phil, for one... and yeah, there's no reason their plug and play kits will not work in initiate sabers. They'll have the same cost in the long run, however, when purchased seperately, as they would a regular warrior tiered saber.

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14207

• FlushTheFish
Alright thanks. My worry was that because the apprentice level sabers are made of one piece (except for the pommel) that it wouldn't work.

Question About Buying and Modifying a Hilt 1 year 2 weeks ago #14209

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
It's just more tricky to get inside. It's going to be tricky to do so with any electronics, lol.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2