Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: LED Color Combinations.

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16820

• duokun
  • Thank you received: 1
Question for you all, I am planning on building a saber based on the Nano Biscotte v2. I am trying to figure out with a three LED module, wether tri-Cree or Tri-rebel, what are some good achievable color combinations? If anyone can share their combos that would be cool. I'd rather not just have to go just trial and error.

I don't think I will be utilizing Flash on Clash, soninwouldnbe using all three LEDs all the time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16826

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi mate!

I'm not too good on electronics, but if you want to put 3 LEDs in the hilt, I assume it's so you can choose the colour, right?
Which would mean that you're going to need some kind of regulator to choose which LEDs are lit and thus which colour the blade is.

Am I wrong in assuming this?

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16859

• duokun
The NB is a more basic sound board so I am not looking to do color switching or anything like that but rather I am looking to run all three LEDs at once and am interested in what colors I can get by blending different color LEDs.

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16865

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
If you're interested in what colors you can make, with varying degrees of strength, I would advise getting a RGB module, and then using something like this to determine your color that you're aiming for and the values to program them on the SD card. Now, I haven't played in depth with the NBv2's settings, so I'm not entirely sure how easy that is to do, but. You would have, in one way, a setup very similar to the Emerald board, color changing your saber by simply adjusting the LED output settings in the config. I'm pretty sure that can be done along with the flicker/etc, but.... as in all things, I could be wrong, and the NBv2 may not be capable of such settings. :( In which case, I would totally advise getting a higher tier board. lol

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16880

• duokun
Eventually I will be in ending in a higher end board with an RGB setup.

But for now what I am interested in more is running all three LEDs 100%.

I am just curious as to if people have experience with combinations like, how will it look if I use two red LEDs and a Royal Blue LED. Or what will Two Royal Blues and a Red look like, or something along those lines.

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16882

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yes, I know what you were saying, I was just saying that more might be an option even with the NBv2. ;)

For most Tri-crees and the like, it's pretty common sense. RRB = pinkish. BBR = indigoish. RBW = purple w/ white Flash. GGB = cyanish. BBG = like articblueish.

So on and so forth... just basic color mixing. Google searches for color mixing guides helps.

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #16884

• duokun
Thanks. I'll have to try google again. I looked the other day and all I was swing was more geared to color values in a RGB setup. Not necessarily using three LEDs to create the color.

I'd play around with all kinds of color combos if I had the money to order a bunch of different led setups . Heh heh.

LED Color Combinations. 1 year 2 months ago #17105

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
What colors can you make with 3 LEDs "100%"? The short answer is any color.

This question is a lot simpler if you figure out what color you want to aim for and go from there... I have 2 sabers that run 3 dice at 1A each. Pick 3 colors, take a guess at what it's going to look like. You're probably right.

That being said... many people make the mistake of thinking adding a white die to the mix is just going to result in a "brighter" color. Don't make that mistake. The blade will be bright, but it's going to be a PALER color. And 1 white die will do a way better job than you think at washing out 2 other dice.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4643
  • Latest Member: Judsonkar
  • Total Posts: 49k
  • Total Topics: 3667
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0