Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Custom Shop Availability?

Custom Shop Availability? 1 month 3 weeks ago #66148

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 220
Brax wrote:
I think there was some mention of Acid Etching in Phil's post, which is something totally new, if memory serves. I am looking forward to seeing a Grand Master set done in the fashion of the ones we have only seen from KR Sabers. I am sure it ain't gonna be cheap, but at very least the shipping will be much less than having to send to Great Britain.

For our acid etching we first laser etch the pattern onto the hilt then acid etch, this allows us to get much sharper details that just using a stencil or hand application.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

Custom Shop Availability? 1 month 3 weeks ago #66203

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 325
OvrcAHst wrote:
Execute66 wrote:
This one is what I have in mind, the type of finish.
Respect. :whistle: That'll make a nice complimenting piece to your polished Phoenix. It's only been about 8Months (with a few other Hilts in between) but the Ahsoka TCW will be complete. What colour would you get (either to) match against Cyan or as a standalone piece?

One of the primary reasons I never went for those specific Hilts that had the media blasted finish that made it all Christmassy. Just don't like it. Silver Knight started that way much like (and still are) Ka'Tano, Phoenix, Reborn, Vigilant (got a feeling I'm missing another). I reckon if the remaining became the SK default now, it would create more options and appeal and simultaneously lessen a (possible build log) trip through Customs for a strip and high Polish.

As you have read by now, Grandmaster-Phil confirmed mirror polished finish will be a standard offer at launch. So I shall get that done for a Ka'Tano. What LED do you think? Cyan would match my existing Phoenix. Or a stand alone white ....
"I am the Senate"

Custom Shop Availability? 1 month 3 weeks ago #66207

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1395
Execute66 wrote:
As you have read by now, Grandmaster-Phil confirmed mirror polished finish will be a standard offer at launch. So I shall get that done for a Ka'Tano. What LED do you think? Cyan would match my existing Phoenix. Or a stand alone white ....
Am unsure how 'standard' is defined but Mirror polish/High polish was always an available option through Customs. :dry: As for the LED colour? :lol: :lol: It's not so much to which colour you should get but specifically ask the question, What colour haven't you got already? :lol: White IMO is a little underwhelming in person. Granted it has a 1UP Blue in the mix but... If you're going through Customs, what about getting the Frost Blue? :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Custom Shop Availability? 1 month 3 weeks ago #66210

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 325
Thanks for mentioning Frost Blue; done deal, Frost Blue it is, which I have completely forgotten about.

"Standard" meaning that it is a customs offering at the launch, I assume. My idea of "customization" is really just a different type of finish. I haven't gone as far as thinking about etching. I now imagine the Ka'Tano in mirror high polished finish and Frost Blue will look quite sharp. :)
"I am the Senate"

Custom Shop Availability? 1 month 3 weeks ago #66213

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Thank you received: 43
OvrcAHst wrote:
Execute66 wrote:
Unlike fellow members who like an all black hilt, I prefer an all high polished one. I like them shiny!
Guilty! Black or Dirty or both or mixed. :lol: A shiny Hilt marries well with a brightly lit blade that simply shimmers against the backdrop of a pool, right? :P

Haha. Yup. Nice alliteration, by the way. :P

Custom Shop Availability? 1 month 3 weeks ago #66215

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1395
Execute66 wrote:
Thanks for mentioning Frost Blue; done deal, Frost Blue it is, which I have completely forgotten about.
B) I had wanted to obtain this via shopsaberparts however when SFCS replied: No for the PnPs and Yes for the DIYs, my criteria wasn't satisfied. Besides, this way, the sooner you get it then the sooner will it be showcased across a reflective indoor pool. ;)
:lol: You should change from Execute66 to The GlimmerMan.
"Standard" meaning that it is a customs offering at the launch, I assume. My idea of "customization" is really just a different type of finish.
This much I understand. Where I'm head-scratching and wondering with :huh: is it has always been an offering available. See, 'standard' can also be interpreted as an inclusion which is perceived as it's there (stock) whether you want it or not much like a Charger is 'standard' with your Order, whether you want it or not. You get what I'm saying Willis? :blink:
I haven't gone as far as thinking about etching. I now imagine the Ka'Tano in mirror high polished finish and Frost Blue will look quite sharp. :)
This ^^. Exciting :woohoo:. polished with shine is a beauty (Yes, coming from the mostly 'likes 'em dirty' Guy) but it shouldn't be a problem if you handle with the white Cotton glove you've got. Like a traditional White Fridge over a Stainless Steel one, fingerprints, smudges and blemishes. But damn, they sure are pretty though.

KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Haha. Yup. Nice alliteration, by the way. :P
A peck of pickled peppers? :lol:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• My Son's Saber - Design q... (20 Posts)
    • Dusting this one off. I'm thinking about using an Acolyte hilt for this build. It would fit my sons...
    • Warranty Repair Experienc... (10 Posts)
    • I got new screws for my asp saber in 2 days lol I was shocked I wish my shims and shoto blade comes...
    • Saber Selfies (228 Posts)
    • Me and the Padawan (We are still working on the whole "don't touch the force imbued highly charged...
    • First build (9 Posts)
    • Quote: So I've been looking around and have found some hilts with recharge ports/AV switches installed in...
    • Kylo Ren & Knights of... (30 Posts)
    • Quote: Yeah, the solvents in spray paint will straight up dissolve polystyrene foams (I've actually seen...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4631
  • Latest Member: Michaelevize
  • Total Posts: 48.9k
  • Total Topics: 3656
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 36
  • Yesterday Answer: 37