Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASP Professional Assembly

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65852

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1318
If you don't want to build your saber yourself and would rather have our highly skilled staff assemble and install your saber then these packages are perfect for you. Our professional assembly packages includes assembly and alignment of your metal parts, and installation of electronics. Our professional assembly also include a blade and an industry leading one year warranty on all parts and labor.

For a limited time, you can take 10% off of a Professional Assembly Package with the coupon code "ProBuilt".

Professional Assembly on ShopSaberParts.com
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65855

• Brax
  • Administrator
These will include recharge ports on all three tiers, lighted switches for Champion, double tactile for Hero, and unlighted for Warrior.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65857

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1660
How limited is the 'time' (and starting discount) with the introduction of this new service and if opting for the Probuild add-on what does the total lead time become? Closely matched to shopsaberparts as it is now or more aligned with Main Site ordering?

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65859

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Is ASP having problems?
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65860

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Oh man this is exactly what I would have wanted for my 3 ASP sabers. Mainly for the in hilt recharge. Is it too much to dream that there might be some kind of program where they would let people ship their ASP sabers back with all the included parts (champion kit, switches, etc) and do this for us even if we've already bought the sabers?

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65863

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
Btw for anyone wondering: The price listed on the ASP site for the "champion assembly pack" is 249.99 and thats AFTER you have purchased the four main parts of a saber (emitter/switch/body/pommel)

To me that sounded pretty damn high. So I went through and added everything the pack includes into my shopping cart just to check the difference. Here is what I got and the final cost:

Plug and Play sound Champion - 134.99
Plug and Play LED - 39.99
Plug and Play switch - 9.99
V4 Infinity Blade - 29.99
18650 Battery - 9.99
18650 Charger - 4.99
Saber Kill Key elite - 4.99
Timing shim set - 14.99

Total cost: 249.92

So it looks like I was wrong and this is actually a pretty damn good deal. You basically are paying 7 cents more and getting the in hilt recharge, light up power switch, professional installation, and a 1 year warranty added to all the things I listed above (except for a few differences in the charger/battery because of the in hilt recharge parts)

Now as I wrote above: If only they have a way for us to send our sabers in to have this done for us, I would be ecstatic at this announcement.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65864

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
SuUpberSith wrote:
Is ASP having problems?
What gives you that impression?

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65868

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Boromakot, Just seems odd. The "Pro" install, when it was meant to be installed by anyone. I don't have one so have no real idea if that hurdle was cleared or not. Seems like it might be going backward not forward. Certainly there are advantages in SF building it, but without knowing what they are doing to make that a seperate entity from SF main site and ASP. So it was just a question
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65872

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
This is an excellent idea! Unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of it for a while...

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65873

• Brax
  • Administrator
SuUpberSith wrote:
Boromakot, Just seems odd. The "Pro" install, when it was meant to be installed by anyone. I don't have one so have no real idea if that hurdle was cleared or not. Seems like it might be going backward not forward. Certainly there are advantages in SF building it, but without knowing what they are doing to make that a seperate entity from SF main site and ASP. So it was just a question

These installs include recharge ports, and lighted switches for Champion tier, which the current ASP offerings do not. So, I don't see it as any kind of regression. Just a value added service that takes an ASP build to the next step without having to do it yourself, or hiring someone to do it for you.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Brax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65874

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 332
Fantastic news! The inability to have an in-hilt recharge port was an issue for me when it comes to ASP. All I have/want are champion tier sabers and this option clears a major hurdle for me. Well done SF! :cheer:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65875

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 625
This makes an ASP design I had in mind much more likely now. I wanted a thin neck with a Gladius body, which is rather short and was concerned about installing it myself (a dummy that I am). Now all I have to do is get the SF professionals to do it, with recharge port and all. :)

Brax, can you please find out what "limited time" means for the 10% discount? One of the ASP is out of stock that I need (Thin Neck Adaptor no.2).
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Execute66.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65881

• Brax
  • Administrator
Execute66 wrote:
This makes an ASP design I had in mind much more likely now. I wanted a thin neck with a Gladius body, which is rather short and was concerned about installing it myself (a dummy that I am). Now all I have to do is get the SF professionals to do it, with recharge port and all. :)

Brax, can you please find out what "limited time" means for the 10% discount? One of the ASP is out of stock that I need (Thin Neck Adaptor no.2).

This discount goes through the end of the month. However, there are other sales coming up if you miss out on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65882

• Brax
  • Administrator
OvrcAHst wrote:
How limited is the 'time' (and starting discount) with the introduction of this new service and if opting for the Probuild add-on what does the total lead time become? Closely matched to shopsaberparts as it is now or more aligned with Main Site ordering?

As stated above, the discount code is just through the end of August, but be on the lookout for upcoming sales after that.

As for the normal ASP lead time, and how a Pro Build would affect it? There should be no additional time required by adding this service.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65883

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 281
SuUpberSith wrote:

There is a certain percentage of the saber community that has no desire or time to build a saber themselves and would prefer a warranty and the peace of mind knowing the saber is being built by someone who has built thousands of sabers.

Rather than have those people forced to chose from the options we offer on the SaberForge site or taking a chance on a third party installer who may or may not be worth their salt, I decided to give them the chance to have an ASP saber they designed.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by SFGrandMaster-Phil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, HotRod, SuUpberSith, Jas-Ot, Unleashediv

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65884

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
In my opinion this has nothing to do with "regression" and more to do with "this should have been an option all along". Its a great idea and not everyone wants to take the chance to put these together themselves.

I just wish this would have been available before I ordered my 3 ASP sabers as I want in hilt recharge on all of them and have absolutely zero experience on wiring them myself.

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65909

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Does hero package also inclused a light up av switch(not mentioned anywhere it is just said it is a rgba led no mention of type of switch)?

If it does do we need to request color of switch in comments?

Does champion package lit switch segmented or not (same question with hero package if it has a lit switch)?

Can we request to load a segmented switch if it is not detault or reverse?

If hero package does not have lit switch can we request one to be installed(either adding one to cart or by comments)?

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65913

• OvrcAHst
ukyavuz wrote:
Does hero package also inclused a light up av switch(not mentioned anywhere it is just said it is a rgba led no mention of type of switch)?
With reference to the following Post and image reference on shopsaberparts... This vv.
Brax wrote: These will include recharge ports on all three tiers, lighted switches for Champion, double tactile for Hero, and unlighted for Warrior.
Does champion package lit switch segmented or not (same question with hero package if it has a lit switch)?
Will likely be unsegmented i.e. standard lit. With Hero, unlikely will a third hole be drilled which suggests the very reason double mini-tactiles are used within the one switch holes real estate.
Can we request to load a segmented switch if it is not default or reverse? If hero package does not have lit switch can we request one to be installed(either adding one to cart or by comments)?

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65915

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
As stated above, the discount code is just through the end of August, but be on the lookout for upcoming sales after that. As for the normal ASP lead time, and how a Pro Build would affect it? There should be no additional time required by adding this service.
:ohmy: This appears to be a solid strategy to divert Ordering from Main Site and reducing the current advertised Lead Times as a result. With attention channelled to shopsaberparts (where more 'customising' options are available) would demand and inventory available not be affected in due course? Between SF Etsy and SF ASP Shop with the promoted quick-ship models shared, (as of now) the choice to Order via Main Site would be limited to Hilts not offered by the other two (3 if including lazerforge and specifically some of the CR Sabers) or have I missed something? :huh: :blink:

ASP Professional Assembly 1 year 1 month ago #65917

• ukyavuz
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
OvrcAHst wrote:
Will likely be unsegmented i.e. standard lit. With Hero, unlikely will a third hole be drilled which suggests the very reason double mini-tactiles are used within the one switch holes real estate.

My Resilient Switches came with three holes drilled on them two at the top and one at the bottom also if i remember correctly main site hero ones have two lit switches. I can understand the difference between main site and asp one would be there just wondered if there will be some options available for asp ones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 2015 Gladius Grip Area an... (1 Posts)
    • Hey, guys. So, this question is specifically for Gladius (2015) owners only. So, in the event I...
    • Shoto saber design, ISO i... (9 Posts)
    • The 10 switch measures about 1 5/8". That might be cutting it close. Look into a Resilient switch....
    • Component (capacitor) bro... (3 Posts)
    • Thanks for that info. Makes sense C1 for capacitor 1 I guess. I'm sure someone on the forums knows...
    • Fall Sale 15% off (18 Posts)
    • Quote: This is a long, long shot. Does anyone know when the next Saberforge Xiphos promo-special might be?...
    • Looking for update on ord... (16 Posts)
    • ^ Same here, agree entirely with Gorobulus. One thing the saber industry has taught me is we cannot...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5826
  • Latest Member: James35
  • Total Posts: 60.6k
  • Total Topics: 5029
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 11
  • Yesterday Answer: 30