Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ASP Questions

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21530

• Starkiller
  • The Force Will Be With You......Always
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey guy in back after another lengthy hiatus >.
Anyway I've got a few questions about the ASP system which I e not been able to find answers to so my questions are
1 - can I order individual parts separately or will I have to order the saber full ?
2 - if I wanted to upgrade it to a full combat hero tier would It be simple enough to do an install myself or would I have to have it done for me I'm by no means an electronics expert haha
And finally would it come with quick disconnects so I could swap out LED's or would I be able to have a system put in like the Saberforge Rotating colour change system ?

Thanks for all answers given greatly appreciated

MTFBY

"A Lightsaber Is A Part Of Who You Are Without It Your Incomplete"

The topic has been locked.

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21567

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
For the separate order of parts, you might want to ask Knytiri. Don't worry, he'll come around this topic and will surely provide you with an answer. For he is our ever watchful guardian, our Jedi Knight.

About the electronics, there are a few topics on this very forum for such things, and there must be plenty others out there on the Holonet. Google is your best mate in this situation ;)

Finally as for the quick connects on the ASP builder, I think I have seen this question before but cannot remember the answer to it. So, my guess is that yes it comes with quick connects, but that should be taken with a grain of salt.

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21572

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
1 - can I order individual parts separately or will I have to order the saber full ?
Right now it's full saber only. Once the official launch rolls around you can buy parts separately.
2 - if I wanted to upgrade it to a full combat hero tier would It be simple enough to do an install myself or would I have to have it done for me I'm by no means an electronics expert haha
SF will be selling champion and warrior tier electronic kits so you can do the install yourself. Hero tier electronic kits might come later.
And finally would it come with quick disconnects so I could swap out LED's or would I be able to have a system put in like the Saberforge Rotating colour change system ?
QCs are integral to the ASP system so swapping out LEDs will be simple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starkiller, GreyJedi73

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21641

• 308BJP
  • Thank you received: 17
Does anyone know if at some point there will be bodies with an integrated switch so we can shorten the overall length of the hilt for small one hand weapons?

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21642

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
Not certain but for the price of the service, the custom shop maybe able to help you! Try to email Justin This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . He might have your answer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21643

• 308BJP
Not certain but for the price of the service, the custom shop maybe able to help you! Try to email Justin This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . He might have your answer.

Awesome idea, thanks! Email Sent. I would love a Reliant and Dissident body with a single integrated switch on the body. That way I could build just the pommel, body, and emitter to keep the hilts short for awesome little one handers or to build special ones for my kids...
Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by 308BJP. Reason: Updated with actions taken

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21644

• 308BJP
ARRGH. I just realized that bodies are FF and emitters are FF, so that idea wouldn't really work. Poop.

ASP Questions 8 months 4 weeks ago #21645

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
there are couplers ! FM 1" , MM1.3" ..... Might help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

ASP Questions 7 months 4 days ago #25863

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
In the interest of keeping the forum tidy, I thought I'd ask my questions here as well:
  1. Do we know if it will be possible to request changes to aspects of an ASP saber? For example, the FAQ mentions the possibility of a brass finish. Since that isn't currently listed among the choices for the ASP finishes, should we rule it out, or is it something we can ask for?
  2. Assuming it's okay to make customization requests on ASP sabers, is it better to do that before placing an order, or along with the order?
Thanks very much for any insights!
Last Edit: 7 months 3 days ago by Borommakot. Reason: extra word

ASP Questions 6 months 2 weeks ago #29909

• ANorris
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 18
I'd love to get an update when possible about when the Hero upgrade electronics will be released for the Indiegogo buyers (and others) for the ASP hilts. Thanks.

ASP Questions 6 months 2 weeks ago #29929

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
When I read the FAQs the question came up about the hero tier upgrade and it was answered that it would likely come in one of the expansion packs. So it most likely will not be in the system when it all first rolls out to the public, but they plan on doing "expansion" packs about once a month or so (estimate i'm sure). So if it comes it will be in one of those. Crossguard emitter designs are maybe coming in an expansion as well. I surely hope so!

You should go to the indiegogo campaign page if its still there and read the FAQs it tells alot about the ASP system and all the awesome stuff it entails. Or it might have been on the kickstarter page. Sorry my mind is fuzzy.

ASP Questions 6 months 2 weeks ago #29933

• ANorris
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 18
No problem. I've been back to the indiegogo and there's no info on the release schedule. It would be cool if they had planned what they're releasing and could list that, but I don't blame them for keeping it secret to raise interest.

I really hope they'll release that quickly...along with an exposed/exposable crystal chamber. Those would be high ticket items so they'd be great releases.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30419

• MusicallyInspired
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Would I be correct in assuming that once ASP goes live that deliveries will be a bit quicker as there will be no assembling required by SF staff? Or to put it another way, will they be manufacturing ASP parts on demand as orders come in as before or will they be making a collection of parts that they can just grab and ship off? Now that I'm really thinking about my question and remembering all the customizations that can be done with even a single ASP piece the answer is probably the former...
Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by MusicallyInspired.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30783

• Gojira101
  • Thank you received: 8
So on etsy my Saber was lost/stolen and I was awarded 25% off my next Saberforge order. Can I use that on a ASP order when it goes live to the public?

Because I really want the Saber I designed but didn't back because I was waiting to see what happened too my order. I REALLY LIKE MY DESIGN!

Thanks and may the force be with you.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30784

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 433
Good question. I'd imagine so, but definitely look for an official answer. That'd be a cool way to use your discount.

p.s. Is this the one?

Last Edit: 6 months 1 week ago by Borommakot.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30786

• Arsen Hauer
  • Thank you received: 19
@ Gojira, let's see that design you're talking about!
No matter what happens now, you shouldn't be afraid. Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30794

• Gojira101
Adam wrote:
@ Gojira, let's see that design you're talking about!

It was posted above your message. I really love the emitter on it. It's changed now too Black Stingray and red led now.

I think it would make a cool Naginata or Horse knife too.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30795

• Gojira101
Borommakot wrote:
Good question. I'd imagine so, but definitely look for an official answer. That'd be a cool way to use your discount.

p.s. Is this the one?

Yes, sir that's the one but black stingray and red led now. I think it would look great opposite my Artic Blue clean Sinister Prophecy.

Both are roughly the same lengths I guess.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30801

• jbeem
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hey guys I need your advice. I'm choosing which "wrap' goes on my Resilient body piece. I'm between black stingray, black reptile, or black leather. Now my issue is that i've never had any experience with how any of these wraps "feel" when holding them (or spinning around and dueling, etc).

Can anyone chime in on which of these is the most comfortable? Or if one of them is perhaps unsuitable for grip? Or maybe it gets too sweaty in your palm? Or perhaps the stingray is too rough and rubs your palms raw?

Any kind of info for these is most helpful. I want to pick the one that will be most comfortable. They all look great to me.

ASP Questions 6 months 1 week ago #30804

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi jbeem,

I have the Reptile Wrap on my Disciple and find it extremely comfortable to grip. I suffer from Psoriasis and so my skin is sensitive and I have arthritis in my fingers but it still gives me fantastic grip, but isn't tacky or sticky. It grips in all directions because of the scale effect but you can still let the Saber slide in your hand if you need to. So far it is durable as well.

How it looks, the scale pattern looks the same from all angles as it is symmetrical so shouldn't affect the "look" of your Saber.

Hope this helps,

For Tyeth

(if you want to see the wrap my Disciple is the 12W Green Disciple Reptile Wrap posted 24th Dec in the review section)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22