Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Timing shims

Timing shims 3 months 2 weeks ago #83862

• Revan.Reborn519
So in the process of researching all the stuff I need for my custom saber I came across the timing shims, the idea of it makes sense, however, I dont know how they're actually utilized? Can someone explain to me how to use them? Also, this is the saber I want to make, so really,only the emmiter/switch section joint must be spot on

Evil is necessary to further the light. The deaths of the innocent will be prevented with the blood of the guilty.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: ip
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Timing shims 3 months 2 weeks ago #83867

• wamphyri13
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 105
Are you building it yourself or having it built? If it's being built, don't worry about it. If you're building it yourself, they are just spacers of varying thicknesses to change where the parts line up. If you tighten the parts together and they don't line up the way you want, add shims to change the alignment to your preference.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan.Reborn519

Timing shims 3 months 2 weeks ago #83886

• Revan.Reborn519
I'm building it myself. Thank you for the info man.
Evil is necessary to further the light. The deaths of the innocent will be prevented with the blood of the guilty.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Assembling a staff (1 Posts)
    • I’m curious about assembling a staff with ASP. So, I need.... LED, Emitter, switch selector, body,...
    • Sith Lord Lightsabers (4 Posts)
    • Quote: 1: Those are absolutely beautiful. Good job collecting. 2: Why do you need to wear gloves? Do they...
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (48 Posts)
    • Last Friday I ended up emailing support about my order. (Small order to patch a problem with my...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (11 Posts)
    • Working here sir. Sounds like some browser trouble. Have you tried another browser? (Just to test)...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (11 Posts)
    • I tried many times to load the configure with no success using updated Google chrome. The screen...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5815
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 44