Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber.

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 2 days ago #89631

• Randyr Jasra
  • Check out Theatrically Challenged Nerds and Tales of the Old Republic on Facebook!
  • Thank you received: 5
K, so, I have no idea if this was placed in the right category or not, but it was the closest one to this topic, so to whoever is in charge of making sure that posts are put in the right place, please feel free to move it to the correct place if necessary.

Anyways! So, after getting my first ASP saber (and all the time between waiting to order as well as the wait for it to be made/shipped) I've had a lot of time to come up with a bunch of different designs for lightsabers, and once I got my own saber, I decided that I had to get another one (specifically ASP, because I'm already planning on getting a bunch of other sabers. For instance, I already have what I need to get a Bastille staff in my shopping cart. I'm just waiting until I get paid.)

Now, I'm a HUGE fan of the RWBY series by Rooster Teeth (I currently hold it on the same level as my fandom for Star Wars) and my favorite character in it is Weiss Schnee. (And it's because of why I relate to her character that makes me love RWBY so much.) Weiss has this cool, yet simple, sword/saber thing called "Myrtenaster", and ever since the thought came in my mind, I've decided that I'm going to make and purchase a lightsaber version of her weapon. (I.e. a "Weiss-aber". XD)

I am also going to wait until the new parts come out before I finalize the design/purchase the saber because, you know, more options. (Plus, there's a pommel in the next wave that I am definitely going to use.) But until then, I was wondering if there were any fellow RWBY fans out there who might also have any idea's on how to make this saber? Like I said, I've worked with different designs on ASP for quite a while, and as soon as I get home from work today, I'll post some pics of the design that I've got so far. Also, for the claw type things on it, I had an idea. I was thinking about doing the same thing that someone else did with some "Sith saber sai's", where they attached the two different claws that SaberForge has to offer together somehow, and I was wondering what one would need to do something like that? Also, which emitters are compatible with claws? Thanks!!!!! (Also, this will be a great excuse to get an Arctic White lightsaber. XD)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 1 day ago #89685

• Sylabus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
I think the hardest part to replicate would be the revolver chamber that holds the dust canisters/bullets. That's the part that sets it apart mostly from other fencing blades/hilts (and "it's also a gun" is core to many designs lol). Maybe some of the ASP/ custom gurus here would have a good idea. I know I am interested in how it would pan out in the end!
"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." ~Monty Oum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Randyr Jasra

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 1 day ago #89687

• Randyr Jasra
  • Check out Theatrically Challenged Nerds and Tales of the Old Republic on Facebook!
That's a good point, actually. (I didn't think about that part of it too much until you brought it up, so thank you!) This could be another thing that is resolved when wave 2 of ASP is released, but until then, well, let's just say that this is why I've got you guys! :lol:

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 1 day ago #89688

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1087
Sylabus wrote:
I think the hardest part to replicate would be the revolver chamber that holds the dust canisters/bullets.

Hello Randyr Jasra,

Having looked at the pics online of the Myrtenaster, the closet part I could see for the chamber cylinder is switch part 6 (it has the hollowed out recesses like those on the cylinder where the bullet tips would protrude).
You could use one of the three clawed emitters already available but you may be better waiting for the 4 clawed emitter coming possibly in the Wave 2 parts. You would have to modify the claws so they fitted and pointed backwards towards the pommel however.

I will attempt to recreate the hilt and make the version I have knocked up look better when the new parts launch. But I too am looking forward to seeing how your design turns out.

kind regards,
For Tyeth

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 23 hours ago #89689

• Randyr Jasra
Snap, I didn't even know that emitter actually had 4 claws! (I guess that just goes to show how crappy my observation skills are, eh? :lol: ) And after looking at the stuff for wave 2 so far, I saw a switch section that very closely resembles switch part 6, (which was one of the options I was considering with what we currently have to work with) but it also has more silver to it in the sections between the recesses (as opposed to the current one that is mainly black in those sections).

Also, from what I can remember, the dust that Weiss uses with Myrtenaster doesn't exactly make it so that she can shoot projectiles (unless she uses the dust in conjunction with her glyphs), so to speak, so much as it is that it gives Myrtenaster different abilities. (such as a wave of fire when she uses red/fire dust, or trapping enemies when she uses blue/ice dust.) So, the closest thing to that that I can think of in the Star Wars universe, is in KOTOR where instead of just having color crystals, you could have other crystals that can give your lightsaber different properties (i.e. some crystals affect the force abilities of the wielder, while others can affect more of the physical properties of the saber, etc.). Also in wave 2, there are crystal chambers that we can have to give to our lightsabers. So maybe something can be done with that?

Regardless, it looks like I'm going to be waiting for ASP wave 2 to make this saber before I can officially do anything. But it doesn't hurt to plan ahead! (besides, I'm also going to have to wait a little while anyways, because my first paycheck of each month comes at around the same time that wave 2 will be coming out, and seeing as how it is that I use that one to pay my rent, I'll probably have to wait until the end of May/beginning of June ((depending on the cost)) before I'd be able to order the saber.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 23 hours ago #89690

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi again Randyr,

Hey don't worry, I'm sure your observation skills are fine - I have been playing with this ASP builder for around two years now so have honed my eye a bit. I've done over 350 designs now, the latest being an "L3-37 - Elthree" themed hilt.

And I used switch part 6 in the plain silver finish (though I believe this option will be discontinued soon) on my version so didn't have to worry about the amount of black and silver!

The way this sword works sounds a bit like Gon Freeccs and the Hunter x Hunter anime series with the Collector's abilities like the power of Ren etc. Though I'll be honest I hadn't heard of RWBY till you posted this topic, so I'll have to dig a bit deeper and read up on it.

kind regards,
For Tyeth
Last Edit: 1 week 17 hours ago by For Tyeth.

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 20 hours ago #89693

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
For Tyeth wrote:
have honed my eye a bit
I have been playing with this APS builder for around two years now so . I've done over 350 designs now,
:lol: :P :silly: :whistle:

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 17 hours ago #89695

• Khang
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I've got a design for this actually, to be 3D printed and set onto an aluminum core.

It's not accurate or anything, but it looks the part. Designed it so the 6 powder bottles can be printed in clear and lit with accent LEDs.

The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Randyr Jasra

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 14 hours ago #89696

• Randyr Jasra
That looks sweet! Can't wait to see it when you get it printed!!! :cheer: (I'll also be sure to add this to the list of times that I wish I had/knew someone who has a 3D printer. :lol: )

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 13 hours ago #89699

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Khang wrote:
I've got a design for this actually, to be 3D printed and set onto an aluminum core.

It's not accurate or anything, but it looks the part. Designed it so the 6 powder bottles can be printed in clear and lit with accent LEDs.

Hi Khang,

For a 3D model of a lightsaber version that isn't bad. Just add a few bits of scroll decoration on the "claws" and it would be pretty good.

And I agree with Randyr Jasra, I wish I had a 3D printer too!

For Tyeth

RWBY Weiss' Myrtenaster inspired lightsaber. 1 week 13 hours ago #89701

• Khang
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
Randyr Jasra wrote:
That looks sweet! Can't wait to see it when you get it printed!!! :cheer: (I'll also be sure to add this to the list of times that I wish I had/knew someone who has a 3D printer. :lol: )

It'll be a long while before I print this. Too many projects inthe works.
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Khang,

For a 3D model of a lightsaber version that isn't bad. Just add a few bits of scroll decoration on the "claws" and it would be pretty good.

And I agree with Randyr Jasra, I wish I had a 3D printer too!

For Tyeth

The decorations on the claws will happen eventually. Don't know when, but eventually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shipped! Saberforge Legac... (1 Posts)
    • Today I got an email from Saberforge that my Legacy Monarch has shipped! After eleven months of lead...
    • Saber Selfies (307 Posts)
    • Really channeling the dark side with this one! [attachment] Like I said on my DST post,...
    • Pink Dual Tone Talon (12 Posts)
    • Quote: So how did you get the silver emitter prongs? Did they charge you for it? No extra charge. I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5825
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 31