Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My cosplay with my sabers!

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81441

• Sylabus
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, I figured I should eventually share some of my costumes that involve viking fire swords *coughlightsabercough*. So, here is me as Hiccup from the How to Train your Dragon: Race to the Edge Netflix series.

Saber: my ASP "Inferno" with a Blood-Orange plug and play warrior setup.
Blade: Vaders Vault: enhanced red day blade

And to my knowledge, very minimal photoshopping done. Pictures was taken at a convention in the main vendor's room and was ready in about 15 minutes to pick up. I got a look on the camera after it was taken and it looked very similar to the end result. I was debating between the standard SF blade we get and my day blade for the con, but obviously went with the day blade. Why: I was in cosplay chess and had a short hastily put together duel with Travis Touchdown and his Beam Katana and wanted pics/video to look good. Figured if I dented the day blade, then so be it. But both sabers (his a hastily bought the Thursday before the con games top blade) came out unscathed!

Coming soon: The few pics I have of my proper jedi costume when I can find them.
"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." ~Monty Oum
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, KelbornX, Execute66, For Tyeth, Borommakot

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81444

• Sylabus
  • Premium Member

Barriss Offee
Saber: Ultrasabers grab bag stunt setup. Believe it was a Dark Initiate V4 in their consular green color.
Anime Boston 2016.

Had this costume since Star Wars episode II came out but rebuilt nearly all of it, well, its primarily a long dress and cape so...yeah tweaked my cape and re-made the dress completely. I was honestly surprised that a few people knew what character I was. I mean, the Clone Wars cartoon isn't really shown anymore and as a character, Barriss never got much...any...real screen time in the prequel movies. All the more impressive seeing that it was an anime convention where people knew me and not a sci-fi or other kind of convention.

I no longer have this blade. Gave it to a friend as a college graduation present. Give the gift of sabers ya'll! Anyways, I bought it because I knew no way in hell I was getting my Sentinel before the con, a time when leads were way WAY worse than now. Got it a few weeks after this was taken in fact ! Lol. Either way, I bought my indigo Archon to go with this because you can never have too much lime green or indigo I feel!

And yes, I know that the Archon in indigo is NOWHERE near her actual saber, but if you can't have fun once in a while, then why cosplay? Also, I bought a purple saber because I am going to eventually do Kirito from the Gun Gale Online arc of Sword Art Online. A story arc involving a gun-play MMO where our hero finds and uses the only swords available like a genious but bigger idiot: a Laser sword that looks, works, and sounds like a lightsaber. If it walks and talks like a lightsaber, may as well call it one! XD
"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." ~Monty Oum
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, KelbornX, Borommakot

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81447

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1763
Big fan of this kind of creativity!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sylabus

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81451

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
Ha, Hiccup with a lightsaber... that's awesome! The enhanced day blades are really nice for cons.

Barris was great in TCW. I never really paid attention to her and the "other" Jedi during the prequels though. (I was like 12, so it was all Anakin and Obi-Wan for me lol)

Agree, lime green and indigo = <3 I need to fix me up another dedicated Indigo saber since it's so dim when you mix with RGB. (my ASP Indigo LED module broke, twice)

I can't remember who it was but I know someone made the Kagemitsu G4 as a custom saber not too long ago. It should be floating around one of the FB groups if you search hard enough. I love how everyone thought Kirito was an idiot for picking the sword in GGO, then he wrecks them all lol.

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81453

• Blue Wielder
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Hah hah you guys (gals) are anime nerds.

I'm laughing cuz that was my life for years (as a profession not just a hobby)

There's something about it that's just magic.

Question for Sylabus: powder coating on Archon takes away the sharp edges or is it still sharp?
Current SF Sabers: Aeon V1 Mint Green, Vengeance QC Cyan
Mystery Box Loot: champion exhalted in indigo with energy vibration upgrade, shoto bastion

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81455

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 742
Sweet! Looks like you are having fun!

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81457

• Major_Tom
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Blue Wielder wrote:
Hah hah you guys (gals) are anime nerds.

Question for Sylabus: powder coating on Archon takes away the sharp edges or is it still sharp?

I would also like to know this
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81459

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1086
Hi Sylabus,

Fantastic costuming you have going on there. I've gotta get myself some Jedi threads to go to the comic cons next year hopefully.

If you don't mind me saying, I think you could carry off a Lyra Erso cosplay as you have similar facial features! (It might be something new and different.)

kind regards,
For Tyeth
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by For Tyeth.

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81460

• Sylabus
  • Premium Member
Major_Tom wrote:
Blue Wielder wrote:

To answer you both: still pretty dang sharp! Not so much as at the emitter but down a bit further at the \ \ area by the body where you might put a hand for a higher grip above the switch.

@kelborn:Literally she has 2 walkons in Attack of the Clones with her master for a total of maybe 25 seconds and no talking. Once in Palpatine's office and once in the big throwdown on Geonosis. With regards to TCW series: eyup, exactly! Like I said, gives me an excuse to do a 3 day convention with a different blade each day! Now if only I could get my hands on the Guardian weaponry that didnt cost 500 bucks or a nice blue Master Sword (fully awakened Lazer beam glowed version) for my Link cosplays!

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81461

• Sylabus
  • Premium Member
For Tyeth wrote:
(In with an already own the Her Universe Jyn Erso jacket from Hot Topic)
I probably could. TBH, I don't get many suggestions on characters to make, buuuuut I have a very bad habit: excessively picky about my fabrics. That cloak alone was about $80 of crushed velveteen on sale to get it as close as possible. (And don't get me started on my Assassin lol). So while I could probably pull it off, I'd have to do a lot of shopping....which gives me something to do I suppose. But! Nightfury Assassin, Ruby Rose, and my Hunter from Destiny 2 are first up.

Which reminds me, still got that fabric floating around that I've been debating on using for one of 3 costumes. Got to use it soon.....too much fabric....not enough living space..costume bath tub filling up......>~< lol
Last Edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by Sylabus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81464

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 766
Sylabus wrote:
a nice blue Master Sword (fully awakened Lazer beam glowed version) for my Link cosplays!

Ahahahah, ever since I found out the metal film I have on hand is translucent, I've been wanting to build a flat Master Sword blade with light-up edges.

My cosplay with my sabers! 5 months 3 weeks ago #81465

• Sylabus
  • Premium Member
Kouri wrote:
Sylabus wrote:
a nice blue Master Sword (fully awakened Lazer beam glowed version) for my Link cosplays!

Ahahahah, ever since I found out the metal film I have on hand is translucent, I've been wanting to build a flat Master Sword blade with light-up edges.
If I had the hilt/money and you the time, ah the results would be glorious! XD

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5816
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2