Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightsaber Sound

Lightsaber Sound 1 month 2 weeks ago #70846

• juanorduz
Hi, I have a question especially for the designers and crew members of Saberforge. Why is the hum in a lower pitch than in the movies?

Greetings,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lightsaber Sound 1 month 2 weeks ago #70861

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 174
That is just how they decided to mix the sounds together. I'm not sure which font you are referring to, but if we are talking Sabercore 2.0 then the Veridian don't is the closest to the movies with the Crimson font being mixed to sound more "Darkside" and with a lower pitch.

If we are talking other sound boards then the hum or any sound is purely a product of how that font was mixed. Some fonts take sounds straight from the movies, other take those sounds and distort them for various effects and different "feels" to the sounds.

There are some really great sounds fonts available for both Plector and NEC boards that feature sounds direct from the movies.

There may also be some copyright issues if you were to mass produce something that used sounds directly from the movies.

Lightsaber Sound 1 month 2 weeks ago #70865

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 573
Could also be the speaker. I stopped ordering high bass speakers when I realized they were altering soundfonts to be much deeper than originally designed.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Tutorial reboot (1 Posts)
    • This is the first set of tutorials in the reboot. The Kickstarter didn't make so I am using the same...
    • The Spin Zone AKA Non-mar... (23 Posts)
    • This is a new thing I am trying to pick up. It involves tossing the saber from the outstretched...
    • Quick glamour shot of my ... (9 Posts)
    • Beautiful collection! Love the Monarch as the best as well...getting a Hero weathered later this...
    • (16 Posts)
    • I think sabercore finding anything on them other than what a cut open PNP looks like is hard to...
    • Skull shaped kill keys? (2 Posts)
    • From what I remember, the poster said he made it himself using the standard kill key insert glued...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4618
  • Latest Member: RobbyBlue
  • Total Posts: 52.8k
  • Total Topics: 4199
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 113
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 36