Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightsaber Sound

Lightsaber Sound 3 months 2 weeks ago #70846

• juanorduz
Hi, I have a question especially for the designers and crew members of Saberforge. Why is the hum in a lower pitch than in the movies?

Greetings,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lightsaber Sound 3 months 2 weeks ago #70861

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 214
That is just how they decided to mix the sounds together. I'm not sure which font you are referring to, but if we are talking Sabercore 2.0 then the Veridian don't is the closest to the movies with the Crimson font being mixed to sound more "Darkside" and with a lower pitch.

If we are talking other sound boards then the hum or any sound is purely a product of how that font was mixed. Some fonts take sounds straight from the movies, other take those sounds and distort them for various effects and different "feels" to the sounds.

There are some really great sounds fonts available for both Plector and NEC boards that feature sounds direct from the movies.

There may also be some copyright issues if you were to mass produce something that used sounds directly from the movies.

Lightsaber Sound 3 months 2 weeks ago #70865

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 586
Could also be the speaker. I stopped ordering high bass speakers when I realized they were altering soundfonts to be much deeper than originally designed.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Force Vibration (4 Posts)
    • Personally, I dislike it. It creates phantom swings some times. I wouldn't use it on any other...
    • What Blade Length Should ... (4 Posts)
    • I'm 5'11" I like a 34-36" blade for general dueling, form practice, etc. I like a 30-32" blade for...
    • Vaders Vault RGB Comparis... (13 Posts)
    • Yes, VV uses the CS3 as their standard board. Only select installers have access to that board....
    • Vaders Vault RGB Comparis... (13 Posts)
    • Quote: IIRC VV's are on the Crystal Shard, not commercially sold. In either case, board maker wouldn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4908
  • Latest Member: Randymix
  • Total Posts: 54.6k
  • Total Topics: 4466
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 6