Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My Saber Died

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71342

• Vis Venenati
  • Thank you received: 3
What a bummer.

I removed my kill key, and to my surprise I didn't hear the usual 'Sabercore, Crimson'. Just, nothing. Not even the igniter button light is on. I tried re-charging and it doesn't seem to be connecting properly since the charger stays green.

I use my saber every night, mostly spins and combat techniques. I haven't even dueled with it yet.

The only time I got it to work was when I gently wiggled the kill key in the charge port. But as soon as you push it in all the way, it won't turn back on.

Emailed customer service and am still waiting for a reply, but in the meantime, does anyone have any clue as to what is happening?

Any help is appreciated.
MTFBWY
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71344

• Lumen_Cordis
  • "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
  • Thank you received: 7
It sounds like it could be a faulty/failing connection in/at the recharge port. Most likely, something needs to be either re-soldered or replaced. Since it sounds like you haven't been abusing your saber, customer service will probably be willing to send you a replacement recharge port. (Or something to that effect.)

I'm not sure why a connection would have failed, since it sounds like you've been pretty gentle. But electronics are weird like that.
"Life is about trying things to see if they work."
-Ray Bradbury
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vis Venenati

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71345

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
There was/is a bad batch of Recharge ports that went out. I've had to replace a few.

Contact customer service and they will get you taken care of.

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71347

• ryancaps
  • Thank you received: 6
The LED on one of mine was flickering and dying out for a few days and then exactly what happened to yours; unresponsive even when charger indicated a full charge. Had to send it in for repair (this was sometime in the summer).

Now my other saber has started the same thing (but hasn't completely died yet) so I have to send that one in too.

Like yourself, I also don't really duel with them often. If it's just a bad batch of faulty wiring/recharge ports, I just wonder how many are going to be affected by this who aren't aware because they haven't noticed a change yet. I ordered mine February and received them in May so the time for warranty is almost up. Hopefully all who received bad recharge ports are still in the time-frame for it to be covered by warranty.
Last Edit: 8 months 4 weeks ago by ryancaps.

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71349

• Vis Venenati
ryancaps wrote:
The LED on one of mine was flickering and dying out for a few days and then exactly what happened to yours; unresponsive even when charger indicated a full charge. Had to send it in for repair (this was sometime in the summer).

Now my other saber has started the same thing (but hasn't completely died yet) so I have to send that one in too.

Like yourself, I also don't really duel with them often. If it's just a bad batch of faulty wiring/recharge ports, I just wonder how many are going to be affected by this who aren't aware because they haven't noticed a change yet. I ordered mine February and received them in May so the time for warranty is almost up. Hopefully all who received bad recharge ports are still in the time-frame for it to be covered by warranty.

Yeah, and unfortunately I didn't order ASP, so I can't rip it apart and attempt to fix it (not that I would be any good at that anyhow, since this is my first Saber Forge saber)

I have about 5 months left on the warranty so hopefully they can fix her up.
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71350

• Vis Venenati
Jas-Ot wrote:
There was/is a bad batch of Recharge ports that went out. I've had to replace a few.

Contact customer service and they will get you taken care of.

After reading some of your earlier posts, I figured it was the Recharge port. Thanks for the info and good luck with your sabers!
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71351

• Vis Venenati
Lumen_Cordis wrote:
It sounds like it could be a faulty/failing connection in/at the recharge port. Most likely, something needs to be either re-soldered or replaced. Since it sounds like you haven't been abusing your saber, customer service will probably be willing to send you a replacement recharge port. (Or something to that effect.)

I'm not sure why a connection would have failed, since it sounds like you've been pretty gentle. But electronics are weird like that.

Besides the occasional scrap against the ceiling, I really haven't tested the durability of it yet. Apparently there's a bad batch of Recharge ports out there. Oh well :(

It'll suck not having her for a few weeks. I love my Venom soooooo much.
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71384

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1317
It should not take that long. When I have sent sabers in for repair, they were back within 7-10 business days.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

My Saber Died 8 months 4 weeks ago #71419

• Vis Venenati
Brax wrote:
It should not take that long. When I have sent sabers in for repair, they were back within 7-10 business days.

That's great news. I'm just waiting for a reply. I even filled out the RMA Form.
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 3 weeks ago #71502

• Kareem
  • Thank you received: 2
same thing has happened to me :(

My Saber Died 8 months 3 weeks ago #71503

• Kareem
  • Thank you received: 2
who handled the shipping costs? did SF reimburse you that?

My Saber Died 8 months 3 weeks ago #71546

• Vis Venenati
I haven't sent it in yet. I'll let you know, but I assume we'd have to cover shipping (?)
Kareem wrote:
who handled the shipping costs? did SF reimburse you that?
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 3 weeks ago #71549

• Vis Venenati
Can you tell me when it happened to you? I've had mine since Sept 27th and it stopped working last week.Kareem wrote:
same thing has happened to me :(
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 3 weeks ago #71563

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1317
Unless something has changed since the last time I used it, when you are approved for RMA, they should send you a USPS label to affix to the box you will use to ship the damaged saber. This will cover the return shipping. Now, I am in the continental US, so my experience might differ from our internaltional folks,
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

My Saber Died 8 months 1 day ago #72656

• Vis Venenati
Update: Although they didn't provide a shipping label, the turn-around time was pretty quick. They had it back to me in 8 days from when it arrived at their shop. That was the good news.

However, only a few days after receiving my repaired saber, the recharge port died, yet again.

Has it been confirmed that there is a bad batch of recharge ports? It's getting pretty frustrating at this point to be honest. I love my Venom. Not loving these electronics.
Brax wrote:
Unless something has changed since the last time I used it, when you are approved for RMA, they should send you a USPS label to affix to the box you will use to ship the damaged saber. This will cover the return shipping. Now, I am in the continental US, so my experience might differ from our internaltional folks,
MTFBWY

My Saber Died 8 months 1 day ago #72659

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
I don't know about confirmed. But I've seen some bad ones come through my hands, personal sabers and some sent to me for repair.

I've seen two kinds of "bad" RPs.

First kind is the "sticky" kind where the internal clip sticks and doesn't make good contact
Second one just has everything get "loose" and tends to worsen over time.

SF also appears to either cut or fold down the legs on the underside of the RP and then solder to them which may impact the clip on the inside of the recharge port.

Sounds like SF needs to repair it again for you.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Typical wait time on a pr... (21 Posts)
    • Can't speak for the waiting times now, but last year I had a wait time of October til May for the...
    • Family Photos (30 Posts)
    • Awesome collection, love that Exile and Monarch :cheer:
    • SF Legends | Discontinued... (13 Posts)
    • So jelly :woohoo: Not as big of a fan of the game (I like it very well, just not as much love as...
    • The Nautilaxx. (15 Posts)
    • Amazing :woohoo: Love that skull and crossbones/cutlass logo/kill key - and yes I know I'm wrong...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5822
  • Latest Member: DarthMirage
  • Total Posts: 60.6k
  • Total Topics: 5027
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 28
  • Yesterday Answer: 49