Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Retention Screw Size?

Retention Screw Size? 2 weeks 5 days ago #83917

• Xenoh
Hello,

I am a new Saberforge owner. I got my new Prodigy blade in the Champion tier as a gift, and after much fun I tested out the blade plug. When I went to put the blade in again, I noticed the retention screw was missing. I have looked for a few hours and have now given up my search. I want to purchase a new one.

I am aware that the sizing of the retention screw is 5/64, yet I am unaware as to what the length of the screw is. I have searched a bit online and in various forums, but the posts are rather dated and I just wanted to make sure. Again, I have a Prodigy blade, champion tier. Any help folks?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Retention Screw Size? 2 weeks 5 days ago #83932

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
I lost my retention screw a while back, and when I emailed Saberforge to ask the size, they said the screw was an 8-32, but the length varied depending on the saber. They also offered to send a replacement, which I gladly accepted, and they sent me like six or eight. There were two of each size they use, one black finish and one silver. You might try asking for a replacement if you aren't needing one today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xenoh

Retention Screw Size? 2 weeks 5 days ago #83941

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 447
5/64" is the size wrench that you need for the socket head.

The actual screw size is #8-32 (#8 shaft, 32 threads per inch).

You can easily find them in varying lengths for a few cents at a hardware store too. 1/4" length is the most common I've seen SF use; don't have my empty Prodigy yet to confirm the length that hilt takes though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyltu, Xenoh

Retention Screw Size? 2 weeks 5 days ago #83949

• Xenoh
Thank you for the info! I'll take it in with me and see what I can find, big help!

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (41 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • They are scheduled to be added just prior to, or right at the same time they are available for...
    • Nice. Will they be available to play with on saberparts.com?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6468
  • Latest Member: jakUseno
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 55
  • Yesterday Answer: 79