Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Micro USB Charging Issue

Micro USB Charging Issue 3 months 2 weeks ago #84027

• Xenoh
Hello All,

I recently received my Champion Tier Prodigy saber. When not in use, I would use the included charger (micro USB, in-hilt) to top it off. When I went outside last night, the blade stayed completely off, with no input on the ignition button doing anything. I figured it needed to be charged more, so I plugged it in again. There is usually a blinking blue light around the button (I guess to indicate charging), yet when I plugged it in no such light turned on. It has been charging for over 12 hours now and there is no reaction when I press or hold the button. Is something wrong with my saber or have I overlooked something?

Here is what it looks like now.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Micro USB Charging Issue 3 months 2 weeks ago #84032

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
Xenoh wrote:
It has been charging for over 12 hours now and there is no reaction when I press or hold the button. Is something wrong with my saber or have I overlooked something?
A common symptom that's been reported lately and the diagnosis has been concluded as a Firmware anomaly. Users have reported that (when plugged into your PC) within the interface there is an Update Firmware Button. Before doing so, please ensure you save a copy/back-up your original content to preserve the font directories and files. The Firmware update has resolved the inactivity of the Saber in most cases.

As your picture inserted shows you simply using the wall charger, I remain unsure if the problem experienced can be resolved without using your PC. If this is the case, an email to SFCS for further troubleshooting may be your only alternative.

Micro USB Charging Issue 3 months 2 weeks ago #84037

• Xenoh
I emailed them a few hours ago, describing my situation some more. My pc does not have Windows X, therefore I am unable to use the Sabercore 3 software properly. If there is a different software that you are referring to I will definitely try your solution as it seems that works for most people. Thank you for the information you've given me.

Micro USB Charging Issue 3 months 2 weeks ago #84038

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 130
Yes do as OrvcAHst suggests
Here are the steps
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Micro USB Charging Issue 3 months 2 weeks ago #84058

• Xenoh
I am using a Windows 10 computer, with a 64bit op sys. The computer does not recognize the saber when I plug it in, and the Sabercore software doesn't recognize it either. I don't understand why I would even need to update anything. It was working fine when I got it.

Micro USB Charging Issue 3 months 2 weeks ago #84063

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
Xenoh wrote:
If there is a different software that you are referring to I will definitely try your solution as it seems that works for most people.
Snapped from the Site, the only Software that enables interactive function is specific to:

(using the Forums Search Function) I did see this. Am unsure if it's applicable or provides assistance though..
I am using a Windows 10 computer, with a 64bit op sys. The computer does not recognize the saber when I plug it in, and the Sabercore software doesn't recognize it either.
(same Search Function) this too.
There is also this as well that may provide some useful/helpful information.
I don't understand why I would even need to update anything. It was working fine when I got it.
Dont know what to tell you. The keyword here is was and look where we are.
I don't own a Sabercore 3 to walk you through it or am I completely knowledgeable of its errors or troubleshoots. Can only attempt to steer you towards solutions that have been experienced and reported as successful to-date.

If all else returns no success, short of someone advising the exact solution (tried & tested) to what you experience, SFCS may be the only ones that can help. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xenoh

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore 3.0 (7 Posts)
    • I am getting a message that the cable has malfunctioned and that windows does not recognize it
    • Pre-Order Sabers Question... (1 Posts)
    • I know pre order sabers will have an extended period where they are placed upon the already existing...
    • Sabercore 3.0 (7 Posts)
    • Plug in your saber wait for the bzzt, then start the editor
    • Saber Forge April Sale!!!... (44 Posts)
    • Quote: To my german fellows: were you charged import taxes on your Lightsabers by the customs office? Not...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5823
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 19