Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Champion tier charger question

Champion tier charger question 2 weeks 2 days ago #84054

• maryboo247
Help! I left my "official" charger at a hotel in Atlanta whilst at a convention and haven't gotten the chance to replace it, but I find myself in the situation where I need to have my saber charged like tomorrow and am trying to figure out whether I might buy one that works (temporarily) locally or whether I might have a cable I can use already.

3 questions:
1. Is it safe to use a non-official charger as long as it fits the 2.1mm/3A specs? Or will this damage my saber?
2. Will the saber still show the same indicator lights as it's charging with a non-official cable?
3. Can anyone think of common devices that might use that connector?

Any insight helps! Thank you :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Champion tier charger question 2 weeks 2 days ago #84062

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1808
maryboo247 wrote:
3 questions:
1. Is it safe to use a non-official charger as long as it fits the 2.1mm/3A specs? Or will this damage my saber?
A 3rd Party Charger will be fine providing the Max Output = 4.2v and has a 2.1mm Jack (similar to the specs of the original). Anything greater risks damaging both the Port and the soundboard.
2. Will the saber still show the same indicator lights as it's charging with a non-official cable?
Most Chargers available will feature an Indicator LED on the Charger itself.. ie. Red/Red-Orange = stop (charging); Green = good to go.
3. Can anyone think of common devices that might use that connector?
Nothing to accurately contribute here as:
A: unsure what retail outlets are within close proximity to you
B: the timezone difference to where you are (& what may be open)
C: a lot of other 'common' devices usually operate at either higher voltage outputs or utilise a different and incompatible jack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (41 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • Quote: [attachment] Dude! A Plo Koon hilt. Incorrectly named KaiAdi.jpg, but I can forgive that....
    • They are scheduled to be added just prior to, or right at the same time they are available for...
    • Nice. Will they be available to play with on saberparts.com?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6468
  • Latest Member: jakUseno
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5448
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 54
  • Yesterday Answer: 79