Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Prodigal Son

New Prodigal Son 1 week 2 days ago #89659

• KyberK
  • Thank you received: 1
New PS looks amazing... I have to ask... did they decrease the emitter switch height? It looks like they took a half inch off and I love it... hoping they give that treatment to the redeemer and also add the magnetic cover plate... does anyone know if the did this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Prodigal Son 1 week 2 days ago #89660

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1766
Yes, similar changes to the Redeemer activation box are coming soon. However, the chrome finish...not yet. If the chrome is deemed a success on the PS, then it will carry over to the Redeemer.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Brax.

New Prodigal Son 1 week 2 days ago #89662

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 570
Will these changes effect ASP parts PS/Rdmr switch section? :ohmy:

New Prodigal Son 1 week 2 days ago #89664

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1766
Don't have any specifics on that, but one has to think that it would be somewhat cost ineffective to manufacture two versions of the same part. I am sure they will sell through the remaining ones, but eventually, unless there is something about this version of the switch box that precludes it from being used in ASP configuration, chances are they will be the same.

That is me extrapolating, of course, so take it with a good sized grain of salt. ;)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

New Prodigal Son 1 week 1 day ago #89673

• Ifatos
KyberK wrote:
New PS looks amazing... I have to ask... did they decrease the emitter switch height? It looks like they took a half inch off and I love it... hoping they give that treatment to the redeemer and also add the magnetic cover plate... does anyone know if the did this?

Yes.

I ordered a Redeemer on January the 15th and as it is still not shipped, I asked Customer Service if my saber would benefit the new activation box and chassis.

India from CS answered "yes" for the activation box but no answer for the chassis !!!

I'm not a fan of the shiny finish of the Prodigal Son so if my Redeemer doesn't have it...no problem for me.

New Prodigal Son 1 week 11 hours ago #89702

• KyberK
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks! That is actually perfect as I don't think the chrome only option on the redeemer would be well received... with the back grenade and grip, I think the current finish is just right!

New Prodigal Son 1 week 4 hours ago #89710

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 364
I like that SF is going to micro tactile switches for some of their sabers. They open up a lot of possibilities to getting more screen accurate looks. (such as The Count) I have a Redeemer with the old style box, which requires a "deeper" press. It's not a huge thing or anything, but it's also not as nice as pressing the plate on my Graflex, with the micro tactile switch underneath.

Ifatos wrote:
I'm not a fan of the shiny finish of the Prodigal Son so if my Redeemer doesn't have it...no problem for me.

The standard "brushed" finish looks really nice on the Redeemer, you shouldn't be disappointed by it. :)
Last Edit: 1 week 4 hours ago by scifidude79.

New Prodigal Son 1 week 2 hours ago #89713

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56
for the love of Qui-Gon, correct the spelling on the title!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
Clarity of thought before rashness of action.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shipped! Saberforge Legac... (1 Posts)
    • Today I got an email from Saberforge that my Legacy Monarch has shipped! After eleven months of lead...
    • Saber Selfies (307 Posts)
    • Really channeling the dark side with this one! [attachment] Like I said on my DST post,...
    • Pink Dual Tone Talon (12 Posts)
    • Quote: So how did you get the silver emitter prongs? Did they charge you for it? No extra charge. I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5825
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 31