Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Nano Biscotte v3 in Gladius Saberforge Hilt.

Nano Biscotte v3 in Gladius Saberforge Hilt. 1 month 3 days ago #84535

• onue2
I've been dabbling in wiring my own sabers for awhile now and I've noticed that the dimensions of the nano biscotte v3 are almost identical to the soundboards that SaberForge offers. I bring this up because my biscotte v3 has no way of fitting inside my Gladius hilt when the battery is also in place. It doesn't come close to fitting. I was going to get a SaberForge soundboard but am worried that it may not fit as well. All of this fits inside my Bastion hilt, but the inner diameter of my Gladius is too small at some points to allow the soundboard to fit. I'm kind of stuck because I really want sound on my Gladius but also do not want to buy a board that does not fit. I would prefer to do my own wiring to save costs but would it be wise to just go with the plug-and-play method for this saber? Anyone with a Gladius have this same issue?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Nano Biscotte v3 in Gladius Saberforge Hilt. 1 month 3 days ago #84589

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I can't speak to every single SF hilt but it is absolutely possible to fit battery and Nano Biscotte inside. Can you post pictures so we can see exactly what your current issue it? Are you using a chassis system, 18650 battery?

Here's a link to a Gladius installed with a NBV4 which I believe is the same size as the V3:

Nano Biscotte v3 in Gladius Saberforge Hilt. 1 month 2 days ago #84597

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 480
If you're trying to fit the board in-line with the battery... no it will not fit. You need to put the board on top of the battery, and there are quite a few chassis solutions out there for that. GOTH3-Designs on Shapeways 1.11" is what most people end up using, though he also has a "Gladius" specific chassis under his Saberforge heading --- which is for the v1 Gladius (old style) as in the video here.

Kirabi wrote:
Here's a link to a Gladius installed with a NBV4 which I believe is the same size as the V3:

Such a pretty saber isn't it? :whistle: :silly:
(yes those are mine)

The above install is actually using a chassis from Jordan Moll, with a GOTH speaker/recharge cone added since Jordan's chassis with internal recharge port wouldn't fit. I didn't want to have another hole drilled into the hilt for the port.

Jas-Ot from these forums installed another one of these for me previously using the aforementioned Gladius specific GOTH chassis. They both function similarly in that the speaker ends up partially inside the pommel. The v1 Gladius has a very tight install space. If you have a current generation Gladius though (2015+) you shouldn't have that issue and should be able to just use the GOTH 1.11" modules or one of Jordan's chassis.
Last Edit: 1 month 2 days ago by KelbornX.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6602
  • Latest Member: Daunded
  • Total Posts: 65.8k
  • Total Topics: 5572
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4