Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Saber Forge forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Member Introduction Thread

New Member Introduction Thread 5 months 1 hour ago #71869

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
Welcome! Rest assured, you are in good company when it comes to obsession over light sabers. That shared trait is what makes this community the special place it is! B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 5 months 1 hour ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bet3d

New Member Introduction Thread 5 months 1 hour ago #71870

• Heliolord
  • Thank you received: 13
Hey, my name is Paul. I've recently been getting into Star Wars to fulfill my Sci-fi needs due to a drought in my other Sci-fi series. And in so doing, I found my way to the wonderful world of custom lightsabers.

I looked around and Saberforge seems to be the best place for a unique, one of a kind Saber. I scoured information on the ASP, played around with the builder, and made my design. Ordered just the hilt pieces intending to build it slowly, then the January sale hit the day after. So I canceled, reordered everything and a hero kit, and now I'm impatiently waiting for word it's started production and shipping.

On another note, I really hope they expand the ASP offerings. I'd like for some more unique parts like crystal chambers that were teased last year and curved hilts. Maybe an emitter resembling a rapier or foil guard similar to the katana.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 4 weeks ago #71958

• Rohlan
Hi, my name is Rich. I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977. I've been more into prop replicas and helmets until recently, when I started collecting saber hilts.

The Saberforge styles that appeal to me are in the Gladius and Dissident range. Also the ASP parts building idea is pretty great. I'm looking forward to digging into more threads about weathering and etching too.

I have questions... Hope I don't ask too many too quickly.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 4 weeks ago #71983

• Ruan7321
Hi.

I am Ruan and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was young. I like playing X-Wing Miniatures and Force and Destiny RPGs, not even to mention all the Star Wars PC games I've played.

I recently started work on a Kylo Ren cosplay which led me to bying the Black Series Kylo Ren Saber. From the moment I ignited the saber I was hooked. I am now looking to get my first Saberforge Saber as well as do my first Sound install.

I am looking forward to starting my journey in this hobby.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 4 weeks ago #71997

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome folks! Glad to have you here!

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 4 weeks ago #72024

• Jedibowls
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone,

I have been a huge fan of Star Wars since it came out in 1977. Especially of the Unique weapon the Lightsaber.

"A more elegant weapon, not as clumsy or random as a Blaster"

Ordered my first saber, a Crystal Reveal Redeemer in Hero trim :)

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #72037

• rafkia88
Hi All My Name is Wes and like many here I have been a Star Wars Fan since My father took to me opening day in 77. I have a old version warrior Gladius in green 6w that I bought years ago and it still works great only problem I ever had was one of the battery wires came loose with all the taking it in and out to change the AAA batteries and lost the tip off the blade a couple times dueling.

I am currently waiting on a champion Sentinel 12w in purple, that today went to shipped so only a few more weeks.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #72049

• DewMan
Hello, My name is DewMan. Dew for short. I've wanted a saber since I saw the original Star Wars trilogy in my local theatre as a kid growing up in the 70s. Then life happened. But my want for a saber was rekindled with the release of The Force Awakens.

I spent weeks researching sabers and purchased an Initiate level Vanquish that just spoke to me. I will be adding the internals to it myself as a, hopefully, fun electronics project. Hopefully I can get some advice from other Vanquish owners. My Google-Fu has failed me and I can't find certain info I need, but I'll save that for the appropriate sub forum. If anyone has any questions about the bare Vanquish I'd be happy to answer if I can.

Thanks for listening. :)
How Do I set my laser printer to "stun"?

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #72135

• Darth Menace
Thanks for the forum. New member, joined so my wife and I could look information.

Took me about half an hour to google search to make sure "Darth Menace" wasn't taken anywhere in canon or universe.

Just ordered (2) SF Oracle's and (1) SF SInister Prophecy V2, so patiently waiting...

Thinking of going dual-weapon style, so ordered a 26" as my secondary blade and a 37" as my primary (I ordered a 34" day blade as well, just in case the 37" feels too long)

Thanks!!!

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #72203

• thisismysheep
  • Luminous beings we are.
Hello everybody!

I'm Julia from Germany. I found the page a few days ago and designed wayyyy too many lightsabers in that time. I am looking to get my first one on this site. Since I live in Europe I am still trying to figure out how taxes and customs exactly work (I have ordered from the US before but was never charged with anything....). In addition, I don't quite get some things so I am waiting for my questions to be answered. And the soundboard I want is out of stock so there's that. I can't wait to get my first lightsaber and will order it as soon as possible.
To my person: I love Star Wars, I love Sci-Fi in general and I like to draw and read. I've been aughed at (not in a bad way) for not having a lightsaber as a Jedi cosplayer (I have something like a lightsaber, but it's not really professional) so I finally need to get one.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #72210

• Brax
  • Administrator
Welcome to the forum folks!

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #72313

• Darth Squidious
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Welcome everyone! Glad I'm not the only one who's old enough to witness first hand that Han did indeed shoot first.
If there is only one hot chick in the galaxy... And she's your sister.

You might be a redneck.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72319

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Darth Squidious wrote:
Welcome everyone! Glad I'm not the only one who's old enough to witness first hand that Han did indeed shoot first.

You, like many others, still have a critical flaw in your thinking regarding THE scene. Han Solo did NOT shoot first. Han Solo was the ONLY one to shoot. So there! :P :D
No matter where you go, there you are.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72360

• GreyJedi78
Just found SF and this forum. Bought an US initiate last year and may be grabbing a SF disciple with sound soon. Love star wars and am slightly getting into SW cosplay

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72370

• Jatelabe
Hi all!

I've browsed around SF and the ASP builder for a while, made a profile some months ago, and finally have saved up to invest in my first saber! Just hoping that all the parts I'm considering for an ASP will be in stock soon. Can't wait!

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72374

• Yo-sh
Hi All! I'm from San Jose, California. I'm a kid of the 80's, so I've been a fan of Star Wars my entire life. I've been lurking for a while, doing my homework, and narrowed my first saber down to either the exhalted or emerald knight. Looking forward to placing an order this month.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72379

• rafkia88
HA HA HA not only did he fire first but first print of the film had the bar scene with biggs leaving to find the rebellion

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72432

• wamphyri13
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 35
Yo-sh wrote:
Hi All! I'm from San Jose, California. I'm a kid of the 80's, so I've been a fan of Star Wars my entire life. I've been lurking for a while, doing my homework, and narrowed my first saber down to either the exhalted or emerald knight. Looking forward to placing an order this month.

Welcome neighbor. San Bruno here.
No matter where you go, there you are.

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72509

• Kire_Magito
Hi! I started looking into lightsaber dueling about a year ago, and haven't ordered a saber yet, but will once they release the ASP crystal chambers (if you have any word on that, it would be greatly appreciated).
???????☕

New Member Introduction Thread 4 months 2 weeks ago #72519

• Scimitar
Hi,

I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa.
I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid, I play the games, I have the movies, I do so love that galaxy far, far away.

My first saber was actually a Raven UltraSaber, that's primarily a shelf-queen at the moment and sits above my PC, I've only ever done one cosplay with it which was a work costume party so nothing fancy.

My friend showed me the SaberParts Configurator and we're now saving up for a joint order of ASP parts to create our lightsabers which we intend to cosplay this October (2017) at a local gaming convention called rAge Expo.

I've been in touch with the SF sales team and bombarded them with some questions and they've been super helpful.
I look forward to getting those custom ASP sabers and showcasing them in a cosplay.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1