Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32106

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
As we all now know, Disney is in the making of selecting the actor who will reprise the role as our beloved smuggler Han Solo in the upcoming Han Solo anthology film set to come out in 2018. The new Han is suppose to be much younger than when he appeared in Episode IV. They have recently narrowed down the list to a few dozen candidates. Many of these actors do not seem up to the caliber to become the scruffy-looking nerd-herder that we all know and love. BUT there is one young man who stands out the most and is the current fan choice for being the new Han Solo:

Anthony Ingruber is a 25 year old actor who not only looks identical to Harrison Ford but also does a perfect impersonation of him. As a matter of fact, Ingruber actually ALREADY played a younger version of Harrison Ford in the movie Age of Adeline, in the movie he shared the character's role with Harrison. He did the role so well that many viewers couldn't tell the difference between the two actors. Ingruber is a massive fan of Harrison and has worked closely with him to perfect his impression of Harrison. He has already posted a video on YouTube of him doing a near perfect Han Solo intro from A New Hope. After taking a look at him (talk about attack of the clones!) and seeing the video, I'm convinced that there is only one logical choice for the man to be Han Solo: Anthony Ingruber. Star Wars fans everywhere are following him on Facebook and Instagram to get Disney to choose him. And rightly so.
SF forum community, HEAR MY PLEAD! We are 2,000 strong loyal Star Wars fans and if we all work together, perhaps for once the fans can gain control of the making of a Star Wars film by at least CHOOSING the actor worthy enough to be the infamous smuggler. So PLEASE, look him up and see for yourself! I'm for the his man! Cuz seriously I DON'T want Dave Franco getting the part, what a joke.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Eddlyss64, Kheragryn

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32107

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
I support this! Franco's a spiffy looking guy, but we don't want spiffy; we want a scruffy-looking nerfherder. Ingruber is the perfect choice.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32108

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
Eddlyss64 wrote:
I support this! Franco's a spiffy looking guy, but we don't want spiffy; we want a scruffy-looking nerfherder. Ingruber is the perfect choice.
Yes! That's one! Go check him out and support him by following him on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The campaign is #IngruberforSolo
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32109

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 995
A very talented guy from what I've just seen/heard. Maybe on a few syllables he could make his voice slightly more nasal and deeper (this could be due to the microphone used though) but after a few minutes watching the way he used his eyebrows and the smirks and grins he was believable!
It probably isn't Anthony's fault but the Mark Hammill Joker sounded a bit like a slightly older Stewie Griffin of Family Guy, I guess Mark Hammill is a Seth MacFarlane fan!

But yes I could watch Anthony as our loveable rogue.

Kind regards

For Tyeth

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32110

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Truth be told, fans are actually quite disappointed by the current runner-ups picked Disney. If we can get this guy, we may at least see a decent Star Wars origin film (technically a spinoff prequel), for once. I'm all in if that's what it's gonna take, and I don't mind if he isn't well known, but that's what made the new movie great, because the new cast is fresh and they can mold and develop these unknown actors. I actually prefer it

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32119

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
I wonder if anyone Has given any thought to the fact that creating a huge fan forced following my hurt his chances contractually? If you can show he's a bigger deal to the fans he can push for a better contract and who knows maybe Disney is looking for the more profitable and less perfect choice. Especially since any new actors could possibly have a long career in the franchise.

Just a thought... If he's already in the running that's good enough for me.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 4 days ago #32122

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Artair wrote:
I wonder if anyone Has given any thought to the fact that creating a huge fan forced following my hurt his chances contractually? If you can show he's a bigger deal to the fans he can push for a better contract and who knows maybe Disney is looking for the more profitable and less perfect choice. Especially since any new actors could possibly have a long career in the franchise.

Just a thought... If he's already in the running that's good enough for me.
Unlike George Lucas, Disney actually cares about the fans and is willing to hear them out. If they see that what they got isn't good enough they'll hear us out and consider him. The point of supporting him is to get the word out to everyone that this guy exists. I mean come on, he's even got the Solo smirk down! OK maybe he isn't PERFECT perfect but there's always room for adjustments and improvement. Ingruber has stated that if he gets the chance to be Han, he'll do his best to honor the character. He acknowledges that it maybe his only big role ever but at least he paid homeage to a man that he deeply admires. Harrison Ford himself has even spoken greatly about Anthony in some interviews, and that's saying a lot because hardly anything impresses Ford.

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 3 days ago #32300

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Update
I think he's getting some recognition lately by the media. Maybe he has a chance?

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 3 days ago #32331

• HotelFourSix
  • Thank you received: 4
For Tyeth wrote:
It probably isn't Anthony's fault but the Mark Hammill Joker sounded a bit like a slightly older Stewie Griffin of Family Guy, I guess Mark Hammill is a Seth MacFarlane fan!

Mark Hamill has been doing the Joker since 1994...at least 5 years before Family Guy premiered. I think MacFarlane might be a Mark Hamill fan ;)
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions."
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 3 days ago #32336

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 995
Don't worry guys I was kidding!

I knew Mark did voice-over work a long time before Family Guy, I believe he voiced a dog once!
It was just so similar in his timing I could hear the way Stewie speaks.

Kind regards

For Tyeth

p.s.I also posted this a few weeks back!

It's in the Something New thread.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 days ago by For Tyeth. Reason: Added pic

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 3 days ago #32371

• Arsen Hauer
  • Thank you received: 19
Just watched his video. Aside from the eyebrow gymnastics, I thought it was pretty good. The really impressive thing to me was not so much the performance, but the likeness. I'll bet with good direction he could nail the part. Regardless, I'd prefer Ingruber as-is over most if not all of the alleged front-runners. Especially Miles Teller.
No matter what happens now, you shouldn't be afraid. Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

Anthony Ingruber as Han Solo, we are his only hope 2 years 2 days ago #32410

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
Adam wrote:
Just watched his video. Aside from the eyebrow gymnastics, I thought it was pretty good. The really impressive thing to me was not so much the performance, but the likeness. I'll bet with good direction he could nail the part. Regardless, I'd prefer Ingruber as-is over most if not all of the alleged front-runners. Especially Miles Teller.
My thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure the director will give a lot help to him to improve his impersonation, and I think Harrison Ford has already agreed to stay on set to supervise and advise the new actor. The amazing thing about Ingruber is that he already has been working on the Han Solo character so HE is closer to nailing it than anyone else. This will help with the making of the movie because Ingruber won't have a hard time adjusting to the character. Its great that he's had experience working closely with Mr. Ford.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 days ago by greyjediDude. Reason: grammar
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• More Apprentice Sabers? (5 Posts)
    • That actually looks very neat! Maybe I'll buy an Apprentice initiate saber and some electronics as...
    • More Thomas Snyder Musing... (1 Posts)
    • As he states, probably not feasible for mass production, but he likes to "daydream" with his 3D...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6444
  • Latest Member: JamesWet
  • Total Posts: 64k
  • Total Topics: 5415
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 54
  • Yesterday Answer: 63